• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trump Jokes about Congressman Assaulting Reporter

He made a joke about something? This is it! Impeach 45, impeach 45, impeach 45.

Trump wins again. TDS sufferers dont get the bodyslam/wrestling reference from his past.

Cry more, never learn, never understand so you keep losing.

Also, in the mean time, Liberal scum slapped the wrist of one of their people for calling for the beheading of Republicans in a state that then had two GOP candidates assaulted...BTW, that person had no history that could have made her words a joke.

The lack of iq in this post is strong

(CNN)President Donald Trump praised Montana Republican Rep. Greg Gianforte for assaulting a reporter during his campaign last May, saying "any guy who can do a body slam ... he's my guy" and made a gesture mimicking a body slam.

At a Montana rally Thursday night, Trump admitted, "I shouldn't say this," but continued and said, "there's nothing to be embarrassed about."
The comment comes at the same time as the administration responds to the disappearance and apparent murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Khashoggi was last seen entering the Saudi consulate on October 2 and Turkish media reports that an audio recording suggests Khashoggi was tortured and killed soon after entering the building before being dismembered.
Trump said Thursday "it certainly looks" like Khashoggi is dead. But, Trump said he is "waiting for the results" of investigations being conducted by Saudi Arabia and Turkey, after which he pledged to make "a very strong statement."

Gianforte pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault in June after he was convicted of "body slamming" Ben Jacobs, a reporter for The Guardian. A judge sentenced him to a 180-day deferred sentence, 40 hours of community service, 20 hours of anger management and a $300 fine along with a $85 court fee.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics/trump-rally-gianforte-my-guy/index.html

Absolutely disgusting. Amidst world outcry over a reporter being slaughtered by Saudi Arabia, Trump applauds violence perpetrated by a Republican Congressman against a reporter in our own country.

It's no wonder MBS is so emboldened by this reckless, unhinged "President".
He's such a fucking jackass.
AntiAmerica. Doesn't understand the Bill of Rights.

This is the guy defending our Freedoms.
You know he's itching to jail dissidents.

"It's frankly disgusting that the Press can print whatever it wants to, and someone should look into it."

LOL.

Bu-but Fox News and talk radio...

Meanwhile...

CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WP, ABC, CBS, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Youtube, Hollywood...

Real close.

Does fox news pretty much cancels out MSNBC and CNN by itself. Then you have multiple talk radio shows that are conservative getting 10+ million listeners. I guess you can claim NPR to be left, since you are claiming ABC and CBS as hard left. As far as Twitter, facebook, google,, and youtube (google), these are not News based companies, they do allow people from all sides to use their platforms. If you dont like their guide lines I don't know what to tell you. Twitter is Trump's favorite way to communicate with his voter base (not leftist). Hollywood also isnt news.

Does fox news pretty much cancels out MSNBC and CNN by itself. Then you have multiple talk radio shows that are conservative getting 10+ million listeners. I guess you can claim NPR to be left, since you are claiming ABC and CBS as hard left. As far as Twitter, facebook, google,, and youtube (google), these are not News based companies, they do allow people from all sides to use their platforms. If you dont like their guide lines I don't know what to tell you. Twitter is Trump's favorite way to communicate with his voter base (not leftist). Hollywood also isnt news.

Its all media, bruh.

You can deny it all you want, but its apparent to anyone with eyes, ears, and honesty, that the media is vastly dominated by Liberals.

He's such a fucking jackass.
AntiAmerica. Doesn't understand the Bill of Rights.

This is the guy defending our Freedoms.
You know he's itching to jail dissidents.

"It's frankly disgusting that the Press can print whatever it wants to, and someone should look into it."

Oh yes. And all his “patriot” supporters will just follow like good sheep. As long as he is directing all anger and rhetoric towards libruhls they could care less. When a dem wins in 2020 I expect violent outbursts by the patriotic right

Joking about assaulting a reporter would normally be par for the course for Donald, meaning, completely inappropriate and childish but typical.

But right now he also happens to be giving Saudi Arabia a lot of room to come up with a reason why they are not responsible for murdering and hacking an American-based foreign reporter into pieces. The pussy-footing and children's gloves he's used in discussing that situation does not pair well with joking about assaulting reporters.

If there was ever a time to show some class when it comes to reporters, this would be the time. But he seems incapable.

Its all media, bruh.

You can deny it all you want, but its apparent to anyone with eyes, ears, and honesty, that the media is vastly dominated by Liberals.

Your dream is the liberals are drowning out the media of right wing view points. That not true. The right wing is thriving on cable news, on the radio, and in social media. I would say in "Hollywood" there is not near as strong of a right wing view point as the left. The right has failed to make a strong internet platform to control social media, but their presence is strong on the platforms available. Definitely not controlled by the left as you are trying to frame it.

uhhmmm ever heard of a prank

I just want to point out the craziness of calling the media left favouring. The largest news network is fox news. We all know that they are right leaning. Talk radio is dominated by the right, there is absolutely no question about that. How can people sit there and pretend that the right doesn't have a solid footing in the media?

Well, as a prerequisite for this debate, I have to ask a question first:

Does the New York Times, for example, lean significantly to the left, and does the publishing of the NYT set the narrative for many, many other news outlets nationally and internationally?

Your dream is the liberals are drowning out the media of right wing view points. That not true.

That's not my argument. They are attempting to drown out the right. It isn't working. In fact, I'd be open to arguing that due to the dominance of Liberal views in the media, its caused people to tune it out, go against the grain, and create a counter culture.

I've actually been arguing for a while, that treating Liberalism(or any political ideology) as a trend is extremely dangerous to that ideology. Trends die. What is cool today, is lame tomorrow. As a conservative, I'd be worried if when I looked around, every big media figure, and outlet, was telling everyone that they must be conservative and think a certain way, or they're bad people. Its naturally going to cause people to rebel against it.

The right has failed to make a strong internet platform to control social media, but their presence is strong on the platforms available. Definitely not controlled by the left as you are trying to frame it.

They definitely are controlled by the left, as we've already seen attempts to censor and starve out conservative voices on those platforms.

Well, as a prerequisite for this debate, I have to ask a question first:

Does the New York Times, for example, lean significantly to the left, and does the publishing of the NYT set the narrative for many, many other news outlets nationally and internationally?

Honestly my opinion would be lacking as I don't ever use them for a news source.

That's not my argument. They are attempting to drown out the right. It isn't working. In fact, I'd be open to arguing that due to the dominance of Liberal views in the media, its caused people to tune it out, go against the grain, and create a counter culture.

I've actually been arguing for a while, that treating Liberalism(or any political ideology) as a trend is extremely dangerous to that ideology. Trends die. What is cool today, is lame tomorrow. As a conservative, I'd be worried if when I looked around, every big media figure, and outlet, was telling everyone that they must be conservative and think a certain way, or they're bad people. Its naturally going to cause people to rebel against it.

They definitely are controlled by the left, as we've already seen attempts to censor and starve out conservative voices on those platforms.

I hear you on some of your argument, but you are also falling into claiming victim status here, which as I recall, i have seen you call out the left for. If I recall correctly you have often claimed the left controls the WR, which is false as more people identify as right leaning than left leaning. In the news media the right has a strong voice, anyone not supporting far right ideology is considered to be left. I think there are plenty in the news media that are center that get grouped in to "leftist" simply for not being as far right as you would like.

Joking about assaulting a reporter would normally be par for the course for Donald, meaning, completely inappropriate and childish but typical.

But right now he also happens to be giving Saudi Arabia a lot of room to come up with a reason why they are not responsible for murdering and hacking an American-based foreign reporter into pieces. The pussy-footing and children's gloves he's used in discussing that situation does not pair well with joking about assaulting reporters.

If there was ever a time to show some class when it comes to reporters, this would be the time. But he seems incapable.
Sure they murdered a guy, but they're a really good customer.

It's insane that Trump is downplaying a pretty crazy physical attack on a journalist while we wonder how Saudi Arabia thought it might get away with killing one.

In the news media the right has a strong voice, anyone not supporting far right ideology is considered to be left. I think there are plenty in the news media that are center that get grouped in to "leftist" simply for not being as far right as you would like.

True. And switch 'left' and 'right' above and you're correct as well.

However, hypocritical and preachy liberalism has been the prevalent ideology in our media for a very long time, and that's why so many people detest the media and laugh when a city slicker liberal reporter is humiliated.

I hear you on some of your argument, but you are also falling into claiming victim status here, which as I recall, i have seen you call out the left for. If I recall correctly you have often claimed the left controls the WR, which is false as more people identify as right leaning than left leaning.

I think its actually calmed down as of late. There was however a time, where some mods were completely out of control, and clearly leaning left and waving a big stick around, dumping threads, and dubbing righties, and letting Libs go unchecked.

I think there are plenty in the news media that are center that get grouped in to "leftist" simply for not being as far right as you would like.

Like who? You can't even turn on ESPN without getting lectured. Look at the Kavanaugh coverage alone. That was so one sided, that it even got a few Left leaning folks in the media to call out the absurd bias. Some of them even recognized the shark that was being jumped.

Back