Trump is like the annoying coach on our baseball team. Still have to stand with him in the end.

Silveresque

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
You see as conservatives/libertarians, we're all kind of on the same team as far as the types of policies we want to see. It's kind of like a baseball team or League of Legends team. Sometimes you have that one asshole that you're playing with or that dickhead coach - that's Trump. But at the end of the day, you still stand with them and try to help them be successful so the overall team can win. lol

If Biden wins, we have to deal with a lot of policies we probably won't like seeing. One clear cut example is the carbon tax which will raise gas prices by an estimated 89 cents per gallon, and also cause food, electricity, and consumer goods to skyrocket - crippling the American prosperity we all love (and some of us, especially on the left, seem to take for granted). In general though, Biden is being pressured to move more and more left by his side.

And then there are some policy decisions some of us do agree with on Trump. Some of us agree that schools should reopen with not too harsh guidelines because the risk is not as high as it's made out to be. Others agree with his tough stance on immigration. I mentioned the carbon tax above. Yet for others, it's second amendment. A lot of us do have at least some policies important to us that we agree with on with Trump or don't want to see in a Biden presidency.

A lot of us don't like Trump, but we just hold our nose and stand behind him anyway because he's still on our team at the end of the day who is on our side for a lot of policy issues. In 2024, hopefully we have a better candidate like DeSantis, Haley, DeWine, Abbott, Kasich, Cruz, etc.

trump was voted in by the people. the people knew who they were electing. trump is a reflection of the populace. americans need to look in the fucking mirror and see that the problem is with their choices of leaders.
Like I said, I'll be voting him in again too, because at the end of the day we gotta stand with him for policy reasons. Do a lot of like him? Some do, but a lot of us just tolerate him to avoid worse policies or get the few policies that we think he can successfully implement.

Climate change is real. The carbon tax might help mitigate it. You are on team “burn the planet to a crisp”.

Your team fucking sucks.
I would be okay with a carbon tax if electric cars were feasibly available for everyone. But a lot of us live in apartments and can't charge them or the vehicles themselves aren't readily available. This punishes people who have to drive a lot but have no alternative. Not only that, but like I said, it's going to affect the prices of everything like food, electricity, and the cheap consumer goods we all take for granted. It will make us all poorer with a lot of us not being able to do much about it.

There are other ways to deal with it too, like subsidizing the development and purchase of new electric vehicles. Utilizing other energies. Perhaps even just starting with corporations who do most of the polluting if you're going to regulate. But a carbon tax is regressive as fuck and only brings the standard of living down for all ordinary people.

Climate change is real. The carbon tax might help mitigate it. You are on team “burn the planet to a crisp”.

Your team fucking sucks.
Raising the price of gas isn't going mitigate climate change. We didn't need extra taxes to pass and enforce the Clean Air Act and subsequently amend it.

I would be okay with a carbon tax if electric cars were feasibly available for everyone. But a lot of us live in apartments and can't charge them or the vehicles themselves aren't readily available. This punishes people who have to drive a lot but have no alternative. Not only that, but like I said, it's going to affect the prices of everything like food, electricity, and the cheap consumer goods we all take for granted. It will make us all poorer with a lot of us not being able to do much about it.

There are other ways to deal with it too, like subsidizing the development and purchase of new electric vehicles. Utilizing other energies. Perhaps even just starting with corporations who do most of the polluting if you're going to regulate. But a carbon tax is regressive as fuck and only brings the standard of living down for all ordinary people.

He called climate change a “Chinese hoax” and you want to quibble over the details of a carbon tax plan, while still planning to vote for him? Is that it?

Libertarian or not.... I don't want to see another four years of this dickhead.

So you want to vote for Joe Biden? You want AOC to be on the chair for the environment? You want Biden to be a platform for far left dickheads to push bullshit through?

Dems don't deserve one fucking vote until they get someone up there that does not have shit policies.

Hey, be mad at Trump's personality all you want, but policy wise he is the best president we've had in over a decade.

He called climate change a “Chinese hoax”

Please post quote. I don't think you can.

Now look at this idiot shit AOC says (this is her actually saying it, not met). LOL the world will end in 12 years if .. if .. if... more fear mongering!!!!

So you want to vote for Joe Biden? You want AOC to be on the chair for the environment? You want Biden to be a platform for far left dickheads to push bullshit through?

Dems don't deserve one fucking vote until they get someone up there that does not have shit policies.

Hey, be mad at Trump's personality all you want, but policy wise he is the best president we've had in over a decade.
I'm not voting for either one of them

Your team fucking sucks.
Of course climate change is real. Carbon tax just makes it more expensive to pollute, but that cost is just passed on to consumers without really solving the problem. You can mitigate higher gas prices by making changes to your transport habits, but higher gas prices means higher food costs too. A carbon tax won’t result in less pollution.

If you like to get it raw and rough then vote for Trump 2020

Tribalism.

That's called tribalism.

I mean for the US. And I guess other developed economies as well. I would never trust a person who hates animals.
On that note, I suspect Hitler had more decency in him than Trump, McConnell, and a lot of Republicans, but I think I've said as much before.

Ok.

Of course climate change is real. Carbon tax just makes it more expensive to pollute, but that cost is just passed on to consumers without really solving the problem. You can mitigate higher gas prices by making changes to your transport habits, but higher gas prices means higher food costs too. A carbon tax won’t result in less pollution.

Wrong. the UK's carbon emissions went down to their lowest levels since 1888 partially as a result of the price on carbon.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/cl...on-emissions-fall-to-lowest-level-since-1888/

https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysi...ell-for-record-sixth-consecutive-year-in-2018

Karen Rice. The likely VP for Biden went to Cuba to hang out with the fucking communist government. Our choices are a total sack of shit and wannabe commies.

Back