Trump is 37 “faithless electors” away from re-election

UFCUCF

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So with Fox, the AP, and other sources now calling Georgia and Arizona for Biden, Biden is poised garner what Trump should have won in the Electoral Collage 4 years ago—306. Trump however wound up with only 304 electoral votes. Hillary did worse as she had 5 electors vote for other candidates. If 37 Biden electors just vote for someone else, say Bernie, that would reduce Biden to 269 in the EC and give Trump a win in the house by state delegations.

Should electors be allowed to vote their hearts and disregard the popular vote? A billionaire is on the ballot—could any Biden electors be swayed by some vague promises of cash or prizes?

Typically, each party’s designated slate of electors is comprised of the most loyal elected officials and party activists. That is why defections are rare. My take is electors should be free to vote with either their state or the national popular vote.

What saeth the WR?

I'd like there to be 37 faithless electors, but it won't happen. It is what it is.

So with Fox, the AP, and other sources now calling Georgia and Arizona for Biden, Biden is poised garner what Trump should have won in the Electoral Collage 4 years ago—306. Trump however wound up with only 304 electoral votes. Hillary did worse as she had 5 electors vote for other candidates. If 37 Biden electors just vote for someone else, say Bernie, that would reduce Biden to 269 in the EC and give Trump a win in the house by state delegations.

Should electors be allowed to vote their hearts and disregard the popular vote? A billionaire is on the ballot—could any Biden electors be swayed by some vague promises of cash or prizes?

Typically, each party’s designated slate of electors is comprised of the most loyal elected officials and party activists. That is why defections are rare. My take is electors should be free to vote with either their state or the national popular vote.

What saeth the WR?
I saeth this will be in the great beyond within the hour.

Biden is just 37 faithless electors away from 343 electoral votes.

The electoral college is stupid, but it was designed so that every ~30,000 people picked someone that they trusted to make a better decision than they could about who should be on the shortlist for president.

What saeth the WR?
Peoples were worried Trump wouldn't get in the first place because of this, but it never happens.

Put a fork in Trump. It’s over.
replace "knife" with "fork" and it's a call to violence. Banned for sure...maybe. And the crazy thing is, I'd MUCH prefer death by knife than death by fork.

Even worse, death by spoon.

giphy.gif

Back