Elections Trump Campaigned on Mexico Paying for the Wall. Now He Says He 'Obviously' Didn't Mean It.

This is a non issue guys. You're all screaming into the void.
Well now I'm not screaming about it myself but I think a President who ran a campaign based off xenophobia (and other phobias) being called out on obvious BS that he used to get elected is ironically noteworthy and not entirely insignificant.

No shit I would love to play a simple game of Monopoly with this business wizard

I bet I would mop the floor with him

I have said since the campaign that no one expected Mexico would directly pay for it.

I find it very interesting that Republicans are all the sudden perfectly okay with a president that lies about campaign promises and wants tax payers to fund his pet projects...

If Obama had done half of what Trump did you hypocritical thunder cunts would be demanding he be impeached while chanting succession at a rally waving rebel flags.

But the orange rich kid in the red hat...he can do whatever he wants...suddenly it's unpatriotic to question a president again...
Obamacare was a pretty big deal dude. He rammed that shit through along with a lie as well. “You can keep your doctor”. Then his architect on the project admitted it was not good for anyone outside of one demographic.

Well now I'm not screaming about it myself but I think a President who ran a campaign based off xenophobia (and other phobias) being called out on obvious BS that he used to get elected is ironically noteworthy and not entirely insignificant.

Well I am going to have to disagree with your characterization of his campaign. I think you've been propagandized into overreacting to this and everything else involving Trump.

Obamacare was a pretty big deal dude. He rammed that shit through along with a lie as well. “You can keep your doctor”. Then his architect on the project admitted it was not good for anyone outside of one demographic.
Yeah that was a bad one IMO and Obamacare sure as shit has not helped me and my family, our insurance has become insane, like a damn mortgage. We need to call these fuckers on their lies and not let them take a pass due to tribalism.

Rant over, what the fuck do I know, right?

“I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively, I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall,” Trump said in his June 16, 2015 speech at Trump Tower. “Mark my words.”

Yes sir Mr Integrity, consider them marked.

http://time.com/5499391/donald-trum...7nmNVfxtSRKQLS647pE3jf8LwxdaYii3Qu0E6-3P6Q2NQ

I wonder what else the most honest and trustworthy man in the world didn't mean.
Dude, trump did say mexico would pay for wall and they ARE going to. He never lied, only stated facts...

...Unlike your prior President Obama "He you like your healthcare plan you can keep"

What a More SERIOUS foolish lie

General revenues taken from citizen coffers is not the same as Mexico paying for a wall.
Actually it is, Trump got us a better trade deal so Mexico is indirectly STILL PAYING FOR THE WALL!

And Obama told us we could keep our doctor.

Anyone who thinks that there weren't a significant number of Trump voters that took him seriously on that claim and believed he'd make Mexico pay for the wall are in an epic state of denial or epically daft. You've got to be kidding me, SMH. There are plenty of stupid and gullible voters on each side, Trump just did a better job of scooping them up.
Fact is Trump had them at "wall." Anything else was a nice to have, but a non-issue. Even if they thought he would actually try, they didn't care if it happened. I've seen things like people say Trump could completely tank the economy if the wall went up. You gotta realize how much they want that wall. It like trumps (no pun) every other issue by far. And I believe way beyond the economic and security aspects of illegal immigration the reason why the wall is so important is because they feel it is a huge step towards legitimizing right wing identity politics. Something that has been a point of major ridicule for 50 plus years.

I think criticizing Trump for not having Mexico pay is stupid because for 1 I don't think most of his constituents believed Mexico would pay and 2 because the people qho did believe this really didn't care. They just want the wall.

By rammed through do you mean voted into law after over a year of debate and restructuring of the bill between democratic and republican leadership in the house and senate?

Actually it is, Trump got us a better trade deal so Mexico is indirectly STILL PAYING FOR THE WALL!
False. Not how it works.

The general revenue coffers are a singular bucket. Money goes in from all sources. Anything and everything that generates more revenue is paying for the wall by your rational including the Canada deal. It means every single policy that is netting money into the public coffers is paying for the wall.

If that was the case that he was saying just general revenues will be taken then there is no purpose or reason to say Mexico is paying. Just say my general Presidency is generating so much money that I will have extra money to pay for the wall.

But then try not to notice he is racking up massive deficits and debts and therefore there is no money in that pot from Mexico or anywhere else. The pot is beyond empty and in negative territory.

By rammed through do you mean voted into law after over a year of debate and restructuring of the bill between democratic and republican leadership in the house and senate?
And changing it to a tax to make it work.

And he said we'd lock her up.
And that he wouldn't have time to golf.
And that healthcare was so easy, we would have the best replacement for ACA.
And he said he'd be tough on the Saudis.

Its almost like he just says dumb shit to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

False. Not how it works.

The general revenue coffers are a singular bucket. Money goes in from all sources. Anything and everything that generates more revenue is paying for the wall by your rational including the Canada deal. It means every single policy that is netting money into the public coffers is paying for the wall.

If that was the case that he was saying just general revenues will be taken then there is no purpose or reason to say Mexico is paying. Just say my general Presidency is generating so much money that I will have extra money to pay for the wall.

But then try not to notice he is racking up massive deficits and debts and therefore there is no money in that pot from Mexico or anywhere else. The pot is beyond empty and in negative territory.
Not how it works friend. Trump negotiated this specific trade deal with Mexico funding the border wall in mind. A person/nation does not have to directly "pay" for something in order to "pay for something"

You pay for the public libraries, schools, etc in your community. Are you directly writing a check for $50,000 and "paying for it"?

Of course not, just the mere thought is foolish. Trump NEVER lied, mexico is paying for the border wall. Directly or indirectly they are paying for the wall.

I'm sure we'll get that amazing Republican healthcare plan to replace the ACA any day now.

<{Heymansnicker}>
Who knows? That has nothing to do with Obamacare being a lie and costing the tax payers money, while middle class people like me, get their medical care benefits reduced, simply to assist a few.

Not how it works friend. Trump negotiated this specific trade deal with Mexico funding the border wall in mind. A person/nation does not have to directly "pay" for something in order to "pay for something"

You pay for the public libraries, schools, etc in your community. Are you directly writing a check for $50,000 and "paying for it"?

Of course not, just the mere thought is foolish. Trump NEVER lied, mexico is paying for the border wall. Directly or indirectly they are paying for the wall.
thanks for making my point but not realizing it.

Yes general revenues and not me specifically pay for the Libraries, schools etc. You CANNOT say I (Or Mexico) paid for the school specifically. I can be gone from the country for years (and have been) and pay no tax here and yet the school, libraries etc go forward. Why? BEcause neither I or Mexico pay for it specifically.

So to Trumps point you could just as easily say Canada is paying for his wall. Or name any citizen or all citizens and say they are paying for his wall. And it is the latter that is correct. All Citizens and not MExico, is paying for the wall.

You have to be stupid to buy Trump's argument. As he could today then say he is launching the SPace Force and it will not cost American's anything as Canada is paying for it and by you logic he would just have to say he had the hoped for Canada surpluses in mind when he promised it.

By your logic Bernie Sanders could say his Healthcare plan will cost US citizens nothing, because he plans to get a better deal taxing Big Corporations and before the deal is even signed or done (as Trump's Mexico deal is not) he could declare success and that no citizens are paying for it as the money is being taking out of the public coffers. '

Only the dumbest citizens amongst us buy that.

Back