Elections Trump Campaigned on Mexico Paying for the Wall. Now He Says He 'Obviously' Didn't Mean It.

Rum

Champion of Champions
@Silver
Reaction score
“I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively, I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall,” Trump said in his June 16, 2015 speech at Trump Tower. “Mark my words.”

Yes sir Mr Integrity, consider them marked.

http://time.com/5499391/donald-trum...7nmNVfxtSRKQLS647pE3jf8LwxdaYii3Qu0E6-3P6Q2NQ

I wonder what else the most honest and trustworthy man in the world didn't mean.

LMAO you kids take everything so literally!!

To be fair I don't think anybody at any given point took him seriously on that.

This is when they pretend they did not actually mean it when they were chanting that Mexico would pay for the wall in an attempt to save face.

Anyone who thinks that there weren't a significant number of Trump voters that took him seriously on that claim and believed he'd make Mexico pay for the wall are in an epic state of denial or epically daft. You've got to be kidding me, SMH. There are plenty of stupid and gullible voters on each side, Trump just did a better job of scooping them up.

His problem is all the people who never cared about the wall in particular seeing him as the two faced huckster they always suspected he was.

His supporters are obviously stupid so that wont matter.

A March 2016 memo to Washington Post reporters explained multiple ways to "compel Mexico" to "make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion" to keep the U.S. from cutting off the spigot of money it already sends to Mexico annually.

Kinda insane Trump supporters really believed that Trump would simply out alpha a sovereign nation into paying for useless infrastructure to be built in America

I believe a lot of voters thought he was a business man who would come up with a strategy to get Mexico to pay for it.

I’m all for the barrier, even if we pay for it, but it’s still a bad look to promise it during the campaign, then shrug it off.

This is another example of why I don’t trust a single politician.

I find it very interesting that Republicans are all the sudden perfectly okay with a president that lies about campaign promises and wants tax payers to fund his pet projects...

If Obama had done half of what Trump did you hypocritical thunder cunts would be demanding he be impeached while chanting succession at a rally waving rebel flags.

But the orange rich kid in the red hat...he can do whatever he wants...suddenly it's unpatriotic to question a president again...

Back