True or false no one in LW today would beat the bj penn at ufc 84?

Would be an interesting match up between him and Pettis..

I pick Pettis because he will probably chop BJ's legs, hurt BJ with a liver kick, and BJ will probably avoid all that by trying to take Pettis down but will only gas himself out in the later rounds.

I think Cerrone would pose a bigger problem to BJ, just because of his aggressiveness. BJ loses to Bendo by UD, because BJ won't last in the cardio game.

BJ loses to Dos Anjos though it could probably go both ways. I think Dos Anjos has evolved into an elite striker with his technical Muay Thai.

If BJ comes in shape, I see him getting the W if he fought Khabib, just because Khabib is sloppy his wild swings.

Remember BJ arguably beat GSP in his prime, theres very few guys you'd have as a favourite over him. I don't think Pettis can keep it standing/has good enough bjj to do anything with Penn. Ben could take him down, but with Bjs BJJ and superior striking you feel hes always in the fight.
The only 2 guys I'd pick to beat him are FWs; Edgar and Aldo

Just rewatched penn vs sherk. His boxing looked unreal. Still think Pettis would give him problems though.

Discuss

Edit: i meant 84 lol

What is the best strategy to counter boxing? Kicks.

Anybody saying Cowboy would beat prime BJ is out of their fucking mind.

Pettis and Gil would've been hard to call, the rest would be dogs.

Prime Penn might not be top 10 now. He a true 45er or 35er. Maybe Prime Penn beats Dillashaw but not Aldo.

Remember BJ arguably beat GSP in his prime, theres very few guys you'd have as a favourite over him. I don't think Pettis can keep it standing/has good enough bjj to do anything with Penn. Ben could take him down, but with Bjs BJJ and superior striking you feel hes always in the fight.
The only 2 guys I'd pick to beat him are FWs; Edgar and Aldo

he arguably beat noob GSP. How'd the rematch go?

True. BJ at his best is the most gifted fighter ever.

Incredibly false. BJ is legend status, but even the best version of him would struggle with today's top LWs.

Why can't people admit that the same would apply to Fedor at Hw?

The game has changed.

Now, if you took an 18-20 year old Penn and had him train at a top camp today, who knows. The man had a great chin, speed and unbelievable dexterity in his legs.

Just rewatched penn vs sherk. His boxing looked unreal. Still think Pettis would give him problems though.

Discuss

Edit: i meant 84 lol

Sherk does not have great boxing skills; Penn outboxing him doesn't mean he can do the same to Edgar.

Pettis and Edgar would beat Penn. Josh Thompson could probably beat Penn, too.

Current Pettis and Frankie kill BJ. Khabib smothers him. RDA and Bendo is close.
People who say Cowboy beats Penn dont know what they are talking about though.

Anybody saying Cowboy would beat prime BJ is out of their fucking mind.

Pettis and Gil would've been hard to call, the rest would be dogs.
Thank you. But nah. Melendez definitely doesnt beat Penn. Not at all

Between 84 and 184 he got like a 100 times better. I predict a new kind of striking from the shoulder at 184

The only person i would give a chance to is Pettis.

Pettis, Bendo, Cerrone, and Khabib all would have beaten him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back