True or false no one in LW today would beat the bj penn at ufc 84?

False. Pettis would destroy him. Penn might be able to win like 1-2 rounds via takedowns, but Pettis would eventually wreck him standing.

I think RDA, Benson, and probably Cerrone beat him too. Cardio and leg kicks all day, as BJ rarely checked them.

He's a terrible match up for Khabib and probably beats him via TDD & striking. Melendez is super overrated and probably shouldn't be in the top 5 and I think BJ prob beats him.

184 is his fight weight. He apparently ate Mike Dolce.

prime bj penn would lose to prime nate diaz. not a diaz fan either

i feel he would make short work of smooth, and pettis would give him fits, but that fight could go either way. cowboy vs bj would be the fight to make.

Pettis, and Bendo would both give him problems. Khabib would give him trouble. RDA could give him problems as well

You have a point. People have forgotten how good BJ Penn used to be because of how poor he has looked in the last few years. Prime Penn went for takedowns, used his BJJ, great boxing, he looked nothing like he did towards the end of his career.

Incredibly false. BJ is legend status, but even the best version of him would struggle with today's top LWs.

I don't know why it keeps coming up because I'm not even a fan of the dude but Benson would smash BJ to pieces.

Best version of BJ fought Edgar twice and lost....not so convinced he was that good. I can see several LW's today beating him

I was more impressed in the Diego fight...It looked like he didn't take a single blow and whenever Diego came forward he was getting dropped everytime. UFC 107 Penn would give most LW's the fight of their lives...think Pettis is the only one that gives him real trouble.

Back