True or false no one in LW today would beat the bj penn at ufc 84?

If BJ's fans believe in him hard enough he can beat anyone if he's motivated.

True.

That was BJ at his absolute apex; I can't see Pettis/Bendo/Gomi/Aoki or anyone beating him that night.

Best version of BJ fought Edgar twice and lost....not so convinced he was that good. I can see several LW's today beating him

Does nobody take pride in trolling anymore? This is much too obvious. Shameful, sir, shameful.

False. Pettis would destroy him. Penn might be able to win like 1-2 rounds via takedowns, but Pettis would eventually wreck him standing.

I think RDA, Benson, and probably Cerrone beat him too. Cardio and leg kicks all day, as BJ rarely checked them.

He's a terrible match up for Khabib and probably beats him via TDD & striking. Melendez is super overrated and probably shouldn't be in the top 5 and I think BJ prob beats him.

yeah, i agree with these comments. bj didn't evolve much and didn't game plan. he's old school that way. and he was always the best guy in the gym--he never surrounded himself with a room full of talent the way other fighters do.

Loses to multiple featherweights.

155 and 145 Frankie beat any version of BJ.

It's just a fact

any version of frankie destroys any version of penn, so false.

If Frankie moves up to LW then false. BJ is extremely talented and truly a legend, but not only did father time catch up with him, being talented and lazy simply doesn't cut it any longer. BJ could dominate the LW division due to his natural talent and inferior competition, but I think he'd struggle with today's LWs. Also, BJ would probably also be a bit too small for LW today. It's kind of a running joke but a motivated BJ is definitely a world beater and it's sad we rarely got to see that version of him.

would lose to Pettis, Edgar, Bendo, Cerrone

False. There are a couple guys that could beat him.

I don't know why it keeps coming up because I'm not even a fan of the dude but Benson would smash BJ to pieces.

no. bj was super quick. he would have cought ben faster than pettis did.

False. Pettis, Bendo, Edgar, Cowboy, Melendez all beat him.

False because Penn's opponents were relatively one dimensional(compared to today's LWs) during his reign.

Whats up with all the posts saying cerrone would take him? Cowboy has a big problem against good punchers. BJ was/is a pretty damn good puncher.

Guillard dropped him, diaz outboxed him, Alvarez outboxed him in the first round, RDA dropped him and Pettis landed alot of punches before the KO.

But prime BJ would get dominated by Cowboy? Cmom now.

False... Absolute!

Back