TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

Well, Hays and West followed that guy that whole way and he didn't notice until the pulled him over. I doubt someone like that would be an amateur

I’m sure he noticed a car right behind him. He just didn’t realize they were cops until they pulled him over. And they pulled him over in the middle of nowhere at night. Then they drove him even further into the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. They would have noticed another car is my point.

Just checkin in to say episode 7 was fuckin incredible

My face when the reporter brought up Rust & Marty

<{danawhoah}>

Also just one note, the fat neighbor lady has had an asterisk in my notes since episode 1, so when Amelia visited her this episode, and I saw that she was working on a wreath made of tree branches... a similar craft to the stick figures of season 1

<Dana05>

aight i binged the series over the weekend to get up to date for the finale.

its pretty good. much like the first season which was amazeballs.

somethings that annoyed me..

hoyt killed the dad when he found the pink room. then ali and dorf killed hoyt. they still can be, but for somereason i wanted the kids in the beetle to be involved somehow (having kids involved will make it that much more creepy). it was lame how the native indian had a lynch mob out on him but he went out in such fucking style. that was awesome. dorfs character is cool, im a big fan of stephen dorf in general since he was deacon frost in blade. i also wanted the english teacher to be involved with the kids going missing but thats a far stretch. when mahershala ali forgets things, i feel i forget bits of the show lol.

Just with this season compared to the first, I feel that there were way more cliff hangers at the end of the episodes that just had me gripped. This season was lacking that a bit and seems to be a slow burner than as frantic as the first season.

I have only one expectation for tonight’s finale: there is a great piece of haunting original score, that they have only used exactly once per season.

They first used it in this scene, in season 1:

And then it came back again in season 2, just in this one scene (major spoiler, so don’t click if you ain’t seen season 2):

So far, it hasn’t been used in season 3 yet. Hoping to hear it in the finale, just to keep the tradition going...

Alright I’m not reading any posts and please consider this post SPOILER worthy but I’ve got a feeling our boys might be in on this at this point and are playing coy to support Hoyt in a blackmail/cover up scenario due to their corrupt police tactics. Roland talks about wanting to look out for Purple but it’s not for his health. It’s for him getting busted or avoid getting whacked for blowing the cover on what he already knows. Heartbreak looms as our boys gonna be dirty. The police executives have been willfully blind throughout investigations in 1980 and 1990 so I think they are in on the larger conspiracy. Also, the reporter referenced cases in Louisiana and Nebraska. What the hell happened in Nebraska? Foreshadowing for season 4?

I thought Episode 7 was the weakest of the bunch

Almost killed my hype for Episode 8

Last edited:
Alright I’m not reading any posts and please consider this post SPOILER worthy but I’ve got a feeling our boys might be in on this at this point and are playing coy to support Hoyt in a blackmail/cover up scenario due to their corrupt police tactics. Roland talks about wanting to look out for Purple but it’s not for his health. It’s for him getting busted or avoid getting whacked for blowing the cover on what he already knows. Heartbreak looms as our boys gonna be dirty. The police executives have been willfully blind throughout investigations in 1980 and 1990 so I think they are in on the larger conspiracy. Also, the reporter referenced cases in Louisiana and Nebraska. What the hell happened in Nebraska? Foreshadowing for season 4?

Bro! Nebraska is real life! It’s a conspiracy, but it’s not really. It’s real as hell. Look into it. Dark dark dark shit in Omaha in the 80s. The investigator said he had enough to blow the case wide open and prosecute, and in 24 hours he was dead.

I’m rolling with Will dying accidentally.
Bro! Nebraska is real life! It’s a conspiracy, but it’s not really. It’s real as hell. Look into it. Dark dark dark shit in Omaha in the 80s. The investigator said he had enough to blow the case wide open and prosecute, and in 24 hours he was dead.
whoa. Huge if true. Will look into it.

I wish I could watch this live. Who even has HBO in Canada?

I wish I could watch this live. Who even has HBO in Canada?

giphy.gif

Meh

Edit: dont think I would watch another season after this season. I dont mind a slow story if it pays off, but this seems like lazy way to end it

Last edited:
lol, fuck that finale. It's like having good sex for 7 episodes, and then stopping before you climax because something distracted you and now you're just staring at the wall with blue balls and a limp crank.

Meh

Edit: dont think I would watch another season after this season. I dont mind a slow story if it pays off, but this seems like lazy way to end it

lol

Perfect comment. Acting was solid at least.. and holy shit that ‘love story’ they tried to shoe horn in with Hayes and the teacher is just awful. Dialogue doesn’t get much worse than their interactions with one another.

Ending was nothing special, lol @ the ‘no closure’ line worked in. Pretty much sums it up for much of the audience imo. Just not a satisfying ending at all.

Back