True Alpha Sherdoggers get in here!! COVID-19 quarantine excercise plan! //OP Edit: Gym already set!

Home gym and walking the dog are the 2 things I've been most thankful for during isolation.
6 mornings a week the routine is gym and a war program after our early walk. I finished the Pacific so have gone back to Band of Brothers this week.
Doing a 6 day Pull/Push/Legs routine.

Nothing at home.

1.2k run along the river to the park, a few sprints at a football pitch, 100 squats in sets of 20, some press ups and then some commando pull ups on a tree branch.

Another one of my favourites to strengthen my hands and grip:

All you really need is a heavy kettlebell and a pullup bar, and some discipline...

300 heavy (40-50% bodyweight) kettlebell swings per day, and 5-10 sets of pull-ups (or weighted pull-ups). Do this everyday and you will feel fucking great.

Keep It Simple

The ideal home gym set is

Deadlift area
Bench press
Dumbbells and bench
Row machine or treadmill or both
Squat rack
Leg press
Pull up bar and dip bar

Calves can be hit with a barbell or dumbbell or on leg press. Etc. And honestly id skip the squat rack as I dont like heavy squatting

Jew guys see that news story about the britisher who ran a marathon in his back yard? I seriously cannot dream up anything more monotonous. I wanted to scrape my own eyeballs out watching it.
My neighbor goes around the parking lot jogging. I can see her from the window. 30/45 mins.

I have a rebounder, a jump rope

2 5 gallon water jugs which are about 50 pounds each

Been doing tons of air squat sets which are surprisingly effective. Getting sore AF off them
BW squats are awesome and super underrated. With some mind-muscle connection you can do some serious work with them.
And rope jumping is really good cardio.. specially for small places.

Home gym and walking the dog are the 2 things I've been most thankful for during isolation.
6 mornings a week the routine is gym and a war program after our early walk. I finished the Pacific so have gone back to Band of Brothers this week.
Doing a 6 day Pull/Push/Legs routine.
Great man. I'm starting my day with a coffee and some pages of a book I'm reading. After that straight into training while making lunch.

All you really need is a heavy kettlebell and a pullup bar, and some discipline...

300 heavy (40-50% bodyweight) kettlebell swings per day, and 5-10 sets of pull-ups (or weighted pull-ups). Do this everyday and you will feel fucking great.

Keep It Simple
Simple is the best. You also could get away with a pullup bar only and doing BW excercises.

Doing something is always better than doing nothing. No excuses.

Partial quarantine here but I'm putting myself into it for 2 weeks because:
A) I quit my job
B) Just came from vacations and have been with a bunch of european tourists. There were chinese all around too.
C) I want to visit family and want to reduce the risk of bringing this shit to the mountains

I came back a little bit soft and out of shape for my standards so I'm taking this chance to put myself in A+ shape again. Too much coffee with milk and too much toasts with butter in hotels. No Mas!
I'm not going to the gym to do kickboxing because well.. I'm not an asshole either.

Today I started doing some pushups, pull ups, sit ups and bodyweight squats. Nothing with weight, just to move a little bit and not be sore tomorrow.
Luckly I have a bar, barbells, racks and disks in my 30 square meters apartment so I will start lifting heavy shit next week.

Tomorrow I'm buying a few packages of brown rice and beans (there you go @Cole train ) and eggs, bunch of eggs.

Monday and thuesday I need to do some things outside my house but after that I will only leave my house to do groceries. Maaaybe I will drink a coffee someday in a local coffee shop when is empty.

What do you say guys? Should we take this opportunity to re establish our Alpha Sherdoggers position in society? Who is with me?

EDIT: Small home gym is already set.

View attachment 750365

what kind of bitchmade home gym is that budster

Awesome man!!! You have everything you need.

We have to come out on the other side of this corona mess better than before.

Thanks, dude.

Definitely.

I've got a few things I'm working on during the whole Corona mess, and getting in my best shape is at the top of the list.

One positive is that this whole mess has forced me to get creative.

Two weeks ago I would've never thought about doing stairs, sprints, and all my cardio outdoors.

And also revisiting/finishing up my garage gym.

Got too used to the gym, so I see this as a small silver lining.

Luzon/Manila quarantine extended till the April 30; originally supposed to end Sunday April 13th.

Support the move, but pretty stressed as I gotta extend payroll to employees a bit longer.

Miss going to 2 gyms I use and their social scenery; Other than work was primary socialization; Miss gym much more than going out at night.
Private Condo gym is shut down as well.
Main gym
081-A768-D-7-CA7-43-E4-BCDC-7-B223-BA28-B6-C.jpg

ED9-DA710-203-D-4-E25-8601-9-BC7365-D635-F.jpg

Currently running bout 3.5 to 4 miles in morning along with pushups, pull-ups and body squats till May 1. Been key in keeping spirits up and stress at bay.

Last edited:
Luzon/Manila quarantine extended till the April 30; originally supposed to end Sunday April 13th.

Support the move, but pretty stressed as I gotta extend payroll to employees a bit longer.

Miss going to 2 gyms I use and their social scenery; Other than work was primary socialization; Miss gym much more than going out at night.
Main gym

Currently running bout 3.5 to 4 miles in morning along with pushups, pull-ups and body squats till May 1. Been key in keeping spirits up and stress at bay.
Found some Bas Rutten training on spotify. You should check those out.

I’ll give it a whirl. Thanks L.
For reference, defense means sprawl. If Bas says left or right after defense that means sitouts. You should try the 28 min non-stop all round workout session.

Today I started doing some pushups, pull ups, sit ups and bodyweight squats. Nothing with weight, just to move a little bit and not be sore tomorrow.
Luckly I have a bar, barbells, racks and disks in my 30 square meters apartment so I will start lifting heavy shit next week.

EDIT: Small home gym is already set.

View attachment 750365

tenor.gif

I have a shitty barbell and a dumbbell with 35kg of plates. Got some bands too. Weirdly I’ve had some of the best workouts in a long time doing some high reps, slow reps and pause reps rather than just loading the bar.

Bands are pretty awesome too. In the past I only used them for warming up but they can be pretty tasking as a finisher or super sets.

8 to 5 .
5 tons of materials moved by hand.
5 days a week.
No quarantine here.
Only poor man workout.

Main gym

Good to see you have found a way to keep yourself active. You have a simple but super solid workout. You don't need much more.

I agree that excercising is super important to keep yourself together. Unluckly due to quarantine we are not allowed to run outside here. I would love to do that specially now that the climate here is sunny but fresh. It's beautiful outside.

I called your momma but she could not get out of the house.

J/K. I weight 140lbs in shape (abs and all that). Everything is heavy in comparison.

I have a shitty barbell and a dumbbell with 35kg of plates. Got some bands too. Weirdly I’ve had some of the best workouts in a long time doing some high reps, slow reps and pause reps rather than just loading the bar.

Bands are pretty awesome too. In the past I only used them for warming up but they can be pretty tasking as a finisher or super sets.
Hell yeah! I think a lot of times we end up being too concerned about lifting too much weight and forget muscle-mind connection and technique.
Unless one is into powerlifting I don't see the benefit of just chasing numbers. You can get a great pump with way less weight. Also your joints will be grateful.

Jesus...

Are you still purple? You were purple belt like 5 years ago.

No sir, that Purple Belt permanently lives on that kettle bell for my rope climbers!
My coach was planning to come and promote me to black at my new gym I just opened...then COVID 19 hit, lol.

Back