Trip to Brazil...

daninnashville

Orange Belt
Reaction score
After much planning and anticipation...I'll be traveling to Brazil next week for 18 days. I'm going to be alternating between Campinas and Sao Paulo. I'm going to be there visiting my friends and doing some work related things but I've found a couple of schools that will allow me to train extensively. I'll post some pictures and comments once I get there.

I can't wait!

Dan

If my schedule allows absolutely. I'm going to be less than a mile away from a great Gracie Barra facility as well...I anticipate the majority of my training will be there. Still...I'm hoping to get as much in while in Sao Paulo as possible. :)

Dan

T minus 24 hours and I'll be in Brazil! I'll post some pictures and a blog of my training once I get settled. :)

Dan

Right on! Have a good trip. I will be back there in December -- and i'm basically counting days already.

tozzi has a great team in campinas many champions train there. Bruno fazoratto (was with tozzi now with brasa) also has a gym in campinas.

leo vieira (brasa head office in SP) would be my bet, specially the night schedule, you might see quite a few power houses there :) demian maia also is in sao paulo, and i think he goes there for some of his training

Thanks guys. I am sitting here in the Sao Paulo airport waiting for my flight to Campinas. In retrospect I probably should have taken a bus!

Anyway you can find my blog about this trip at dwinbrazil.blogspot.com

I will keep you updated!

i am very jealous of you right now. and you can rub raw garlic on your skin if you develop any skin issues from rolling with strangers.

Thanks guys. I am sitting here in the Sao Paulo airport waiting for my flight to Campinas. In retrospect I probably should have taken a bus!

Anyway you can find my blog about this trip at dwinbrazil.blogspot.com

I will keep you updated!

watch the movie "Touristas" and you will see that you should never ride a Brasilian bus :icon_twis

Dan does your company set up all your hotels and stuff or did you do all that? Just curious how to go about setting up a place to stay and how to find trainers that speak at least some English.

watch the movie "Touristas" and you will see that you should never ride a Brasilian bus :icon_twis

If anything, it shows you can't visit isolated beaches in the middle of the jungle (something that is far more rare then the movies show) and keep away from lunatic self-righteous pseudo-heroic surgeons.

Anyway, funny how you guys get excited to visit the "Holy Land of BJJ" when there's a school a mile away from my house and I don't even bother trying BJJ. Different perspectives, I guess.

Yeah, isn't a weird that people on a grappling forum get excited about grappling?!? Man, my mind is fucking blown right now!

Anyway, funny how you guys get excited to visit the "Holy Land of BJJ" when there's a school a mile away from my house and I don't even bother trying BJJ. Different perspectives, I guess.

So hit you up if I want to come down there and you'll put me up? :redface:

The only excuse you are allowed to have is that you're too busy dating the beautiful women of Porto Alegre.

Back