Trip to Brazil...

Hi friends! I have posted yet another blog kind of summarizing the teaching style and hopefully giving you a bit of background on the teachers here. If by chance you find yourself looking for a school here I hope this will help you know a little bit about the teachers. I am competing this Sunday at the Copa Maromba in Sao Paulo. I am excited! I have also provided a bit of background about my instructor in the States. He is no slouch either!

All the best and Happy 4th!
Dan

man, i cannot wait until my first trip to Brazil. everyone says it does wonders for your game.

It really has helped a lot...but also I have made some great friends here and this has been a wonderful way to spend a two-week vacation.

Hi friends! Back from Brazil. Wonderful experience although getting back to the states was kind of crazy.
I will post some pictures on my blog in the next few days and also some information about how you can get in touch with them. The Gracie Barra folks expressed some interest in having Americans come down to train there...so I will be gathering those details soon as well.

All the best and keep checking the blog if you like. It will continue to evolve into a training blog and a summary of experiences from abroad. I hope to go back in December as well!

Take care,
Dan

Hi friends! Back from Brazil. Wonderful experience although getting back to the states was kind of crazy.
I will post some pictures on my blog in the next few days and also some information about how you can get in touch with them. The Gracie Barra folks expressed some interest in having Americans come down to train there...so I will be gathering those details soon as well.

All the best and keep checking the blog if you like. It will continue to evolve into a training blog and a summary of experiences from abroad. I hope to go back in December as well!

Take care,
Dan

Welcome back Dan,

Thanks for posting this thread and the blog. I've read everything you've written because I was recently invited by a friend to come stay in Campinas and train with him at Gracie Barra. I think there are two locations there, right?

I have a vacation I need to take next month so I am heavily considering it but have a couple hesitations. First, I am an absolute beginner white belt. I just began training bjj a couple of weeks ago although I have been a fan of it for quite some time. Also, I think if I was going to make the trip to Brazil, there are other places in the country I'd rather see than Campinas. After all, I only have a week to spend there. We'll see. Either way, thanks for your insight as I didn't think I would find anything from anybody on the topic!

I'm excited.. It's "that time of year again" for me to head down to Brasil for a month. I guess I'll start my own thread? Last year I trained in Goiania with Megaforece / Iuri Cardoso but I think i'm going to check out some other schools also in Brasilia and RJ.

Call me crazy, but I wish make the opposite, go training in the States! :D

Sorry for the english...

any chance anyone here knows of a good school in Recife? im gonna be living there or a year.

Where in Campinas did you train? any good tips? im going there for 3 weeks in february and want to get some training done :)

I'm in Vitoria Espirito Santos for a few days on business. I should have brought my Gi.. Ah well, i'll be back in Goiania tomorrow so at least I'll get to roll then :)

Back