Trip to Brazil...

Anyone visiting Brazil should seriously consider Felipe Costas camp in Buzios 180 kms aways from Rio. If you wanna roll with 5 blackbelts everyday. In a house 10 steps away from the beach . for more info you should check my website

hey danin, one of my assistant instructors lived in Rio for about 6 months and he told me that the bulk of girls you meet will be some sort of hooker. experience any of this there?

Its like anywhere else in the world,if you are looking for hookers,its not difficult to find them.Nothing compared to Vegas,or New york,but there are a lots of sex clubs.

i just got the feeling, from my instructor, that it was hard to meet a "normal" girl down there?

I'd love to go to Brasil in the future... like seasoned purple belt future. but I'm not sure how the guys there would react to training with an american female. I guess I'd just have to let my skill speak for itself and have a good time no matter what the outcome.

i just got the feeling, from my instructor, that it was hard to meet a "normal" girl down there?

I just got the feeling,that your instructor needs to learn how to socialize a lil bit better.

I'd love to go to Brasil in the future... like seasoned purple belt future. but I'm not sure how the guys there would react to training with an american female. I guess I'd just have to let my skill speak for itself and have a good time no matter what the outcome.

You give respect,you gonna get respect,dont worry.Besides,there are plenty of female blackbelts to roll with,until you feel confortable to roll with some guys.

At Vila Mimosa you can get some for 10 reais. So I heard.

anyone ever been to Florianopolis? i hear it's really nice there

anyone ever been to Florianopolis? i hear it's really nice there

Two of my best friends visited Florianopolis earlier this year. They said it was absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful women, beautiful beaches, very safe. The people in Santa Catarina (and much of southern Brazil) tend to be of European descent, so if you want to be around white people, go there.

Two of my best friends visited Florianopolis earlier this year. They said it was absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful women, beautiful beaches, very safe. The people in Santa Catarina (and much of southern Brazil) tend to be of European descent, so if you want to be around white people, go there.

i would really like to visit there when i go

Dont forget the 42 beaches.21 to surf,21 to dive.Fuckin'paradise/

Anyone visiting Brazil should seriously consider Felipe Costas camp in Buzios 180 kms aways from Rio. If you wanna roll with 5 blackbelts everyday. In a house 10 steps away from the beach . for more info you should check my website

I got to looking into that because he offers a 10 day camp down there. I wrote him up and asked if I wanted to do something longer, like a month if he could work with me. He said he sure could. I'm hoping in a couple years I might rent a place for a month and join his gym for a month. Something tells me that if I did that, I could probably get by cheaper than the $110 per day the regular camp is. :redface:

I didn't think his place was in Buzios though, it looks right there in Rio. It would be sweet if someone at the gym had a room to rent. Or if not, maybe if I ran a couple places I found on Craigslist by him he'd say yay or nay. But I also have a couple good friends who have spent a fair amount of time down there...I'm sure they'd help me make sure I get into a place that's gringo friendly. :icon_chee

Definitely wanna rent a place for at least a month and train though. Hopefully next summer or two years from now. You offering yourself to help out those interested? :redface:

I got to looking into that because he offers a 10 day camp down there. I wrote him up and asked if I wanted to do something longer, like a month if he could work with me. He said he sure could. I'm hoping in a couple years I might rent a place for a month and join his gym for a month. Something tells me that if I did that, I could probably get by cheaper than the $110 per day the regular camp is. :redface:

I didn't think his place was in Buzios though, it looks right there in Rio. It would be sweet if someone at the gym had a room to rent. Or if not, maybe if I ran a couple places I found on Craigslist by him he'd say yay or nay. But I also have a couple good friends who have spent a fair amount of time down there...I'm sure they'd help me make sure I get into a place that's gringo friendly. :icon_chee

Definitely wanna rent a place for at least a month and train though. Hopefully next summer or two years from now. You offering yourself to help out those interested? :redface:

this is a good website advertising spare rooms- You can save yourself some serious money on accomodation-- people advertising rooms for 1 month rent at around $200-250 ---depends which area you go

Quarto para alugar vagas , quartos em pensionatos

you can change the language from portuguese to english near the top of the page

Hey friends I have added a new blog about some butterfly guard and x guard stuff they showed me today. Also I am competing this Sunday in the Copa Maromba in Sao Paulo and very excited as it is my first competition in Brazil. I will keep you posted!

As far as other schools...I am sure there are quite a few that you would enjoy. The owners of this school expressed some interest in having good American fighters come over to train for a few weeks and they would assist with facilitating that opportunity. As soon as I get some specific details on it I will gladly pass on what I know.

I think it is entirely possible to gain a great amount of experience even as a white belt. It is interesting in that I didn

I'll be back in Brasil in January for a few weeks. I already have a place that I like to train @ in Goiania but I will be in the South for a bit as well. I know some Portugues but can anyone recommend a good place for a gringo to train in Rio for a few weeks? Barra?

Back