Rewatch Travis Brown Andre Arlovski fight was 7 years ago today

Just goes to show how bad HW is at the lower levels. They just aren't overcoming the former top guys skill no matter how much they fall off. We're going to have a relevant 50 year old HW one day mark my words. Cro Cop with a normal neck probably does it.

I feel aging in MMA is slow and in other divisions the new talent takes the spots of the old more so than the old becomes washed. In HW this just doesn't happen that much and the old talent can keep winning if they do the Sean O Malley thing and stay away from the truly elite guys.
It's basic science. Men that size typically gear towards other sports. The smaller weight classes can't go off into football, basketball etc so you can have higher level athletes at the smaller weight classes. The best you'll get is a guy who tried out for the NFL and failed or a former Olympian which is good but they can be hit or miss. This results in 6'4 fat dudes being in the top 20 in the UFC. The OGs like Overeem, Andrei and them have a lot of experience where a lot of the HWs don't have much of a background in MMA, they are just big. Mostly the top guys are in relatively good shape but as you get outside the top 10 you can still be near the top and be a fat LHW. Watching Almeida vs Porter pretty much summed it up. Almeida can make LHW yet move up and ragdoll Porter who had success at HW. Looked like an athlete vs someone at a bar.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this yesterday
10 years ago we had Cain, jds, stipe, Frank, overreem, hunt, Lesnar, carwin, bigfoot, nog, ECT
Today, we have aspinall, tai, Lewis and gane
The champion in Francis is never coming back either.
Went to shit.

Edit:
I tried posting this three times. Each time my keyboard disappeared and made me click on a pop-up ad. Get your shit together sherdog
use uBlock origin

Damn.. seriously feels like 3 years. We're gonna be dead soon..

7 years ago already???
3lYi.gif

I hate how fast I'm getting old.

Also, that was a fun fight full of "HOLY SHIT!" moments.

I feel like I'm the oldest I've even been right now.

I was at Hooters for that fight.The place went nuts during that fight,myself included.I think that was Arlovskis last exciting win

Reactions: Uke
He hasn't finished a single opponent since.
Has he knocked anyone down? I really don't remember one. I know there were a few rare takedowns in a few of his fights, but, mostly, it's been one big 7 hour Arlovski sparring session.

Just goes to show how bad HW is at the lower levels. They just aren't overcoming the former top guys skill no matter how much they fall off. We're going to have a relevant 50 year old HW one day mark my words. Cro Cop with a normal neck probably does it.

I feel aging in MMA is slow and in other divisions the new talent takes the spots of the old more so than the old becomes washed. In HW this just doesn't happen that much and the old talent can keep winning if they do the Sean O Malley thing and stay away from the truly elite guys.
Old man Coleman was hanging around with the greats of the last generation when he was the same age Arlovski is now.

I havent gotten to this point yet I guess. Feels like an eternity since that fight happenee

sponsors on shorts, mike goldberg, no annoying anik?

the good ol days

Didn’t know Browne lost to arlovski , god I was expecting much more from Browne back in the days , finally he was just a mid tier HW at best , and yes that pop up with the keyboards while typing on mobile is frustrating

Arlovski just looking Rondas fine ass...
Can’t believe she went from Schaub to Browne , shchaub is maybe an idiot but at least a good looking idiot compared to Browne

This was such a feel good moment. Lot of people expected another routine arlovski loss in this fight. The fact that he won, won the way he did, and against a guy a lot of people didn't like was a big win for the forums.

That fight was crazy exciting for as long as it lasted. Also can't believe its 7 years ago, wow times flies so fast!

Has he knocked anyone down? I really don't remember one. I know there were a few rare takedowns in a few of his fights, but, mostly, it's been one big 7 hour Arlovski sparring session.

At least he semi-dropped Barnett, they both put the other at least to one knee early on in the fight when they were exchanging punches.

Still my favourite "modern day" UFC HW fight on just pure excitement level - kinda sad really, that it was a dinosaur fight even back then in 2016.

Do you even thread bro? Here, let me help:

As fans of Arlovski through the long years, which Andre did you like the best?

1. Angry Pimp Arlovski
aMANk5J.gif

2. New Champ Arlovski
BoilingHealthyCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

3. Gay Muslim Arlovski
giphy.gif

4. Active Dad Arlovksi
JDHpAqw.gif

5. Roadkill Arlovski

Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Andrei-Arlovski-mma-3784499-600-347.jpg
Kick ass!

but you forgot George Michael Arlovski