Training When You're Sick

During the second deadlift of my first meet, I tore ass the whole way up, and thought I may have hersheyed my drawers. I made the lift easily, and as I walked back to my budies I said "jesus, I almost just fucking shit myself". I heard a giggle, and realized I was at about 11 o clock on this womans home video camera. Damn. That's immortalized somewhere.

Not in the Raw division. If you are using equipment (suit, knee wraps, shirt, belt, diapers) then yes it does count. Hope that helps.

Another good blooper on tape somewhere is the infamous Lonni Fortin Battering Ram to the Nards.

Lonni is a competitive PLer, and so is her husband Dante (pretty big dude). Anyway, Dante was handing off to her and she had ahold of the bar and was swinging heself back and forth to try to get her arch set up right. On one her swings she swung way to far back and her head just crashed into Dante's nads like a battering ram. He recovered surprisingly fast.

And yes, this is the same meet where I got slapped too hard and tripped over the rug and fell onto the platform too.

Has there ever been a powerlifting documentary or film? The personalities in thsi sport jsut seem off the charts...

As for being sick...get out there and spread the disease...how you going develop an immune system capable of withstanding the bird flu if you live in a bubble? No antibiotics either...unless its really bad...

CarnalSalvation said:
Could I wear a headband, and some of those gelatin filled wrist weights while I took a walk?
Come on, Carnal, you don't want to over do it! The headband is ok, but don't strain yourself with the wrist weights!

Also, glad to see you back.

CarnalSalvation said:
Another good blooper on tape somewhere is the infamous Lonni Fortin Battering Ram to the Nards.

Lonni is a competitive PLer, and so is her husband Dante (pretty big dude). Anyway, Dante was handing off to her and she had ahold of the bar and was swinging heself back and forth to try to get her arch set up right. On one her swings she swung way to far back and her head just crashed into Dante's nads like a battering ram. He recovered surprisingly fast.

And yes, this is the same meet where I got slapped too hard and tripped over the rug and fell onto the platform too.
The headbutt to the nards must have felt great. She probably did it on purpose. That must have been funny as hell, your enterance to the platform that is.

Back