training routine

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Jortk, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Jortk

Jortk White Belt

Hello,

my name is Jort a K1 fighter from the netherlands, i am training for my first mma match.

to give you an image, i am a longer/bigger version of chad mendes with my build (1.85/90 kg atm when fighting 81.9)

i have some problems with the strenght that comes with grappling, when i was fighting k1 i was focusing on speed because i allready had ko power and for that reason i stopt doing strenght trainig but i post my training routine here

monday:

7:30 4 km run

20:00 striking

tuesday:

20:30 Grappling'

Wednesday :

7:30 upper body

3x8 pull ups
    3x8 bench press'
    3x8 barbell row
    3x8 milirary press
    100 push ups
    100 dips
    100 hyperextensions

thursday rest

friday

mma training (strinking+ grappling)

saturday:

lower body

3x8 squats
    3x8 deadlift
    3x8 legg press
    100 box jumps
    100 air squats

sundat rest

what do you think of this routine ?

2. Subermensch

Subermensch White Belt

3. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

I'd suggest taking a look at some of the routines from the FAQ, and using those as a starting point. I'll make a few specific comments though.

1. 100 reps of things like dips, back extensions, etc, are going to be more conditioning than strength, so it'd make more sense to incorporate that into a conditioning session.

2. 100 box jumps is far too many. You want to include this kind of explosive work only after developing a strength base, and only in modest volumes. High volumes of explosive work offer little benefit, but an increased risk of injury. Focus on making each jump as perfect and powerful as possible instead.

3. Never mind leg press, do something unilateral, like some kind of lunge.

4. Flash_Monsta

Flash_Monsta Black Belt

Hello, and welcome to the logs.

I'm with Tosa, read the FAQ's in regards to programming for strength. Most of the regular posters here are very knowledgeable, and will be happy to help you if you have any specific questions.

edit. I thought this was in the logs, DM a mod and see about getting this moved to the logs.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015