Training in different locations?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by arious, Apr 8, 2008.

1. arious

arious White Belt

Hey, I have an interesting question for you guys. I might accept a job offer that would have me on the road 4-5 days a week, which would be fine. The only reason I might not accept is because I think it will minimize training. So my question is on the leniancy of most bjj schools. Obviously I cant afford to pay a membership to every gym in America, but the one I go to has a one day free trial. Is this common with most gyms? I know that this would be a very wierd training regimen, but its better than nothing right?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

2. Kakkarot

Kakkarot White Belt

no plm imo ...get it any way u can... i wouid contact the clubs ask for prices...most will have a free trial class or a low cost if any :)

3. circuitbreaker

circuitbreaker White Belt

I think this is something you'd need to take up with each gym/dojo specifically. In my experience, most gyms won't allow you to just drop-in and roll right away. You'd need to sign a waiver and in some cases get a membership (monthly, yearly, 6-class-pass, etc). I'd suggest going to each place and simply explaining the situation and seeing if there's any sort of solution or compromise.

4. MonkeyNuts!

MonkeyNuts! Rear Naked Poker

call ahead, most schools have a mat fee