Social Toy Collectors Thread

Childhood friend is a toymaker in Japan. He has made a good life for himself, can't hate.

I can appreciate toys and like looking at them, but as a minimalist, im glad I don't own any.

Use to play with wrestling figures a lot as a kid. Have a lot of fun with them.

Childhood friend is a toymaker in Japan. He has made a good life for himself, can't hate.
I wish I could work in a Gunpla factory where all the employees dress in Federation uniforms.

I can appreciate toys and like looking at them, but as a minimalist, im glad I don't own any.

Use to play with wrestling figures a lot as a kid. Have a lot of fun with them.
Sometimes it's good to just look at them and it brightens your day a bit. I watched a youtube vid of the original Kenner Boba Fett action figure and it brought back some feelings of coolness when I had that as a kid.

I finally possess a 1/64 scale Hot Wheels size car of my real life car. I also have a Hot Wheels car of one of the cars my dad drove when I was a kid, but different color.

I kinda want to assemble more cars of people I know and make like a parking lot diorama... or maybe pretend my car is part of the Fast & Furious crew.

I recently learned Hasbro is using something called Photo Real to make these Marvel and Star Wars action figures look closer to the actual actors and actresses. Not exactly sure what that is but I think they get computer artists to study production photos and maybe make new molds of the faces and do some sort of detailed precision paint application.

I also saw that some collectors are able to easily swap a Star Wars figure head with one from a different Star Wars release like they are basically standardized connections.

I might have to buy the modern Star Wars action figures of the characters I had as a kid. Those original figures looked quite shitty. Barely any effort made on likeness or articulation.

I just got back into buying some Marvel Legends figures. If I really wanted to geek out I'd remove them from the box & pose them like the cover from my AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #101. But, I won't go that far.
View attachment 585241
View attachment 585243
I saw that Spidey in the store and the colors and molding looked well done. If I saw a regular Spidey like that, I'd probably buy... then have to buy something else in that same scale for Spidey to fight.

I ended up buying a Star Wars Galaxy of Adventure 3.75" Boba Fett and Darth Maul both without elbows and knees. I read these were repackaged old stuff. Also bought a really nice 3.75" Star Wars Vintage Collection Han Solo Stormtrooper with elbows & knees. Way better than the original 1970s Star Wars.

Not a collector myself, but my dad has a huge train collection, I don't know the exact amount of trains he has but its well over 100. All types of trains from all parts of the world.

I ordered a mystery box lightsaber from Ultrasabers

I have lightsabers and a ton of Star Wars stuff at my office, pics of some of my patients with the props

Damn! It really looks sick though!

I can't say I collect toys, but I bought these Mezco Mortal Kombat figures a little while ago.

MKX_KotalKahn7.jpg

And the bloody version because it was on sale.

mortal-kombat-x-kotal-kahn-blood-god-RFTn2mh3qg9OMA.jpg

Mezco-Raiden-02.jpg

They really weren't that expensive and they are very detailed , accurate and anatomically correct and I needed something to satisfy my MK craving in the lead up to the new game's release. Also got this funko pop.

59df29a1a29cd959552800.jpg

Also bought some model toy cars a few years ago. They were pretty cheap too and looked really nice and were also really true to the real cars. My 2 year old nephew was here for my bday and I didn't really have any toys for him till I remembered those cars. He almost had his first orgasm when he saw them, LMAO. He was jumping up and down before he even touched them. Not all cars survived the onslaught of his enthusiastic play style, but it was well worth it just to see him having so much fun.
Now I bought him even nicer toy cars for his next bday and I kinda hate that I'll have to give them away. I would have murdered someone to get such toys when I was a kid.
Damn these are nice

Which one of you made some nice dioramas?

I saw this video where this Gunpla girl bought this ruined cityscape with various buildings and street and some tiny cars.

Bought my very first 6" Marvel Legends: Spider-Man Far From Home costume. I wanted the classic Spider-Man, but I felt like if I passed on this one, I'd probably regret it and have a hard time finding it again. Who knows when the classic Spidey will be released again.

Passed on Gambit and a nice Beast.

Fixed my Spider-Man FOX Animated Series by replacing the o-ring. (Edit: found the o-ring broke without even doing anything)

These modern action figures look so much better than the crude stuff when I was a kid. You couldn't even find Marvel in stores, but only see ads for them in the comics.

Last edited:
I bought my wife, who is a huge fan of Tom Hiddleston, a Hot Toys Loki from Ragnarok. Badass figure. We will buy more of such in the future, I want an Iron Man.
3a1361daae07de63f2959e88ff4c071b.jpg

After some research, I've decided the best 6" Spider-Man to pursue is the Hobgoblin BAF Pizza Spider-Man for sculp, classic colors, and multiple hand and head options. I just need to find a re-release that includes at least alternate hands for fist and open hand.

I ended up buying Gambit after previously passing. I guess I will have to buy all the core X-Men now. No choice.

Acquired a 3.75" scale Star Wars Vintage Collection Darth Vader. Much better than original 70s Darth. Removable helmet exposing the bald scarred head. Has a trigger finger left hand, but I don't recall Darth ever using a laser blaster gun. Elbows & knees, cloth cape.

Also bought a Han Solo Stormtrooper & First Order Stormtrooper.

Back