Social Toy Collectors Thread

i've have a collection of marvel legend BaFs; mostly from the mid 2000s and some of the unique, non-avengers sets. i also have a galactus figure with a mini silver-surfer and a sentinel. i also have transformers from the movie and prime series, and gundam figurines

no Hot Toys though; those are out of my league

i've have a collection of marvel legend BaFs; mostly from the mid 2000s and some of the unique, non-avengers sets. i also have a galactus figure with a mini silver-surfer and a sentinel. i also have transformers from the movie and prime series, and gundam figurines

no Hot Toys though; those are out of my league
Pics or you know what to do...

Trying to decide whether to pursue a Disney Exclusive "always erect" lightsaber with better light up glow or a Bladebuilder retractable lightsaber with less bright glow. Not intending to whack anything with it.

I had/have some pretty cool chainsaws. Stihl 045, mac 740, husky 142, poulan pro 475

I bought the Bladebuilders Darth Vader light up lightsaber and now if I cross paths with the "always erect" Disney exclusive better light up version, I will probably be unable to resist buying it.

I fear I may end up buying the FX ones on Amazon for $150+.

I used to have the original plastic flashlight one that had an inflatable blade that attached to the flashlight.

I have an eclectic action figure collection. The vast majority of which is packed away in my storage closet at the moment, unfortunately. I have some Marvel Legends from the early 2000s, A bunch of UFC figures, All the figures of real boxers from the ROCKY series, about half of McFarlane's horror film Movie Maniacs figures from the late '90s & a plethora of Spider-man figures from the comics & the first film. Plus a few other odds & ends.
These days the only figures I've been actively collecting are the Funko Pop series of pop culture figures. I've got a little over fifty of those so far.
IMG_20180728_201510.jpg
IMG_20180728_203329.jpg

I've got a 4yr old son now so I'm getting transformers that I couldn't have as a kid. He chose a warrior class Barricade as his first and I got a studio series Optimus Prime to share as he really enjoyed the first film.

My deal is obviously the G1 stuff, that's going to be where I'm going with all this.

I'm not really down with toys for adults. It looks nasty on shelves gathering dust and smacks of not growing up.

I appreciate the double standard and am glad I can do it now without being a total weirdo.

I have around 150 of the 90's PoTF star wars figures, most were unboxed and displayed, but probably 20-30 still on the card.

I have tons of misc star wars toys/collectibles.

I used to collect baseball cards when I was a kid. I sold them all for weed in my teens.

Yeah Hot toys make some of the best figure you can find.

joker4.jpg

"Figurines"...Saying it out loud sounds funny.

I have a grandson now, he's two. Any suggestions on toys I can get him?

I bought the Bladebuilders Darth Vader light up lightsaber and now if I cross paths with the "always erect" Disney exclusive better light up version, I will probably be unable to resist buying it.

I fear I may end up buying the FX ones on Amazon for $150+.

I used to have the original plastic flashlight one that had an inflatable blade that attached to the flashlight.
I have about 6 of the Disney ones and they’re pretty good, especially for the price.

I’ve recently got into the more heavy duty builds, the hilts are more realistic ie. screen accurate.

The Disney ones are good for Vader, Luke(ANH/TESB version ie the graflex) and Yoda, but if you’re looking at the Obi-Wan or Luke (ROTJ) then the hilts are a little chunkier

The custom build are awesome with their brightness, and they have different soundboards that you can customize. It’s called a proffie sound board and comes with a neo-pixel blade. But they’re damn expensive

If you check Shameen on YT, he's an absolute saber nerd, and does custom builds. He has vids on the Disney ones too, and gives them his stamp of approval. So for the price, go with Disney. If you don't mind spending 600-1000 then the custom ones are pretty cool

Here's a vid, time stamped to where he starts up a Qui-Gon saber with the proffie soundboard

And then he has a Darth Malak saber, which gives off the flame/fire effect of the blade, time stamped to where he starts it up and goes through different colours

Just so you can see the brightness and effects that come with these blades.

@GSP_37 Here’s what I mean about the Obi Wan and Luke(ROTJ) hilts from Disney Force FX being chunky

I took a pic of the Disney sabers and of the hilts from the custom builds. The custom builds are more screen accurate

AFB776FB-C1B4-4392-BE15-834D89BC845D.jpeg

The blades on the Disney ones are not removable, whereas the custom ones you can remove them

Anyway, thats only if you’re being really picky

My kids have 10,000 worth of action figures..

If in box.

Not in box.

Missing arms and legs.

Would be an incredible collection.

They've had fun with them.

I owned the G.I. Joe aircraft carrier. Had a whole room dedicated to it as a kid. Threw away.

Back