Top 10 Happiest Countries in the World - 2014

This list is shit. My boy got the hiv in Cosra Rica.

I doubt that was the only positive of his trip though. Got laid. Probably saw some decent scenery. Look on the bright side bro

I doubt that was the only positive of his trip though. Got laid. Probably saw some decent scenery. Look on the bright side bro

I know hiv is the new herpes but his bright side looks pretty dim.

LOL. Most of you guys live in the suburbs of Pleasantville, USA. I would shoot myself if I lived such a ham on white bread existence.

You ain't happy unless you are a millionaire.
You ain't worth shit unless you are a billionaire.

The Sherdog way of life, bitches.

Happiness and indeed nearly all positive and negative aspects of life track relative levels of equality.

Equality or lack thereof is the basis of all our problems.

This is a pretty suspect list. There's a lot of those on Sherdog. Anyways, Iraq is listed as having a better happiness level than the US and every country in Europe. I just don't buy it. Afghanistan is listed as having higher happiness than the US, and equal happiness to most of Europe. The rest of Europe is less happy than Afghanistan. I'm not sure on exactly what data is being plugged into this formula, but it's seriously flawed.

I will be the first to admit that Americans are generally unhappy. We've really invested ourselves into the "rat race." We do a lot of things better than almost anywhere else that lead to us being more free or having more options, but we have some real cultural issues that we need to address.

what a complete pile of crap.

Hang yourself

This is a pretty suspect list. There's a lot of those on Sherdog. Anyways, Iraq is listed as having a better happiness level than the US and every country in Europe. I just don't buy it. Afghanistan is listed as having higher happiness than the US, and equal happiness to most of Europe. The rest of Europe is less happy than Afghanistan. I'm not sure on exactly what data is being plugged into this formula, but it's seriously flawed.

Iraq and Afghanistan are still high off the recent introduction of freedom

Last edited:
I think this is probably hard to digest for Americans because we're constantly taught by the media that the world outside the glorious USA is a poverty and crime infested ghetto. Places with good weather, jobs to support a family, beautiful women (probably key to South America), will I think naturally score higher than, say, NY where everyone's in a constant rat race with stressful jobs, dealing with ever-increasing property taxes that erode on people abilities to drive the BMWs and Mercedes that they see as a bare necessity.

These countries all have nice weather, and they provide a low stress way of life. It's pretty obvious that they would be happier that European countries, which are happier than the U.S lol

Shit list.

It's a known fact that the Scandinavian countries are the happiest countries, they have been for like 40 years.

They take pride in it too. I've been living in Copenhagen and they have huge signs all over the airport that say "Happiest place on Earth".

THEN they divide it with the ecological footprint. AFAIK the ecological footprint is a measure of how much is consumed in the country. So if you drive cars and use a lot of energy you get a high ecological footprint. Obviously this means that countries like the US gets a shitty rating, because they have a big ecological footprint.

Thank you says one engineer to the other. I point this fact out earlier. Most posters here have glossed over this major important factor.

I can admit I'm confused about the criteria utilized for this list. El Salvador, from what I gather, is an extremely undeveloped, wartorn, very dangerous country.

Still, too many assholes in this topic. It really seems some people are angry because their country is not on the list, or something. No matter how kneejerk this thought is.

Iraq and Afghanistan are still high off the recent introduction of freedom

Iraq is currently the most violent that it's been since the Surge. Sad to say that I doubt Iraqis will be happy or free for some time to come.

i believe it. I work with a lot of mexican guys and one time one of them asked me "why are americans all depressed?" i didnt know what to tell him

Back