Too many push ups?

first off i didnt hear it off an infomercial smart ass, it was on a well established buisness show (forget name) where they interviewed him, 2nd i own it and can personally attest to it.

You can personally attest to it? What did it do for you specifically? I assume you have some before/after photos or some increased lifting numbers, etc.? What are your stats now verus before the perfect pushup? Strength, weight, etc.

Also I've seen/heard more than a few infomercials that were filmed/recorded as a fictitious show. Even if it was on another show how does that make it legit??? Because people aren't full of shit on tv interviews?

You can personally attest to it? What did it do for you specifically? I assume you have some before/after photos or some increased lifting numbers, etc.? What are your stats now verus before the perfect pushup? Strength, weight, etc.

Also I've seen/heard more than a few infomercials that were filmed/recorded as a fictitious show. Even if it was on another show how does that make it legit??? Because people aren't full of shit on tv interviews?

ok i cant get a a certified doctors note from every doctor within a 500 mile radius of my house. but i bought it i like it , i think its better and safer, if u dont wwanna listen then dont

Thanks guys for all the tips. I think the basic bjj warm up is not that good for me. I've heard of weight lifting programs to decrease injuries and some people get injured from lifting. I'm one of the strongest guys at my school so I am reluctant to start lifting. My muscle endurance is not that great and my flexibility sucks.

I was hoping rock climbing would help and I do see some results from just a few sessions.

As far as the "perfect push up" goes I have tried it and I don't think it's for me.

One thing that I desperately want is to have tight elbows. So many moves in bjj require your elbows to be tight against your rib cage. Mine seem to flare out which leaves me open to get submitted.

Thanks again.

ok i cant get a a certified doctors note from every doctor within a 500 mile radius of my house. but i bought it i like it , i think its better and safer, if u dont wwanna listen then dont

You thinkit's better and safer, but what in the wide world of sports is that based on? You haven't done research, you don't have any answers to my previous questions, and I seriously doubt you've trained any clients with the perfect pushup. Not a big deal until you start trying to give people advice based on an uneducated opinion.

Gotta love Urban's ~reposts!!

Bry

You thinkit's better and safer, but what in the wide world of sports is that based on? You haven't done research, you don't have any answers to my previous questions, and I seriously doubt you've trained any clients with the perfect pushup. Not a big deal until you start trying to give people advice based on an uneducated opinion.

wtf is ure point? yes i havnt trained x amount of people and meticulously taken down notes on their strength and flexibility. Yes i never publsihed an article in muscle fitness or anything like that, and thats why i am on here, becasue on sherdog FORUMS u post your opinion on certain matters and when someone gives you a question you answer what YOU THINK is right, and thats what i did, my opinion is only my opinion and to you my opinion might be worth shit, and you know what , good for you if you dont listen to me, your probaly more experienced in the matter, but dont tell me i cant state my personal experience and my personal opinion on a forum

wtf is ure point? yes i havnt trained x amount of people and meticulously taken down notes on their strength and flexibility. Yes i never publsihed an article in muscle fitness or anything like that, and thats why i am on here, becasue on sherdog FORUMS u post your opinion on certain matters and when someone gives you a question you answer what YOU THINK is right, and thats what i did, my opinion is only my opinion and to you my opinion might be worth shit, and you know what , good for you if you dont listen to me, your probaly more experienced in the matter, but dont tell me i cant state my personal experience and my personal opinion on a forum

I don't have a problem with you posting your opinion, and you should not have a problem with me clearly stating why said opinion is worthless. I honestly don't know how on Earth we are arguing. You made a comment, I said it was not based on facts, you supported that it was not based on facts, and we should now be done with the whole thing. I use things like "facts" "research", "case studies", and you use things like "opinions". Don't expect to gain much credibility with that approach.

I don't have a problem with you posting your opinion, and you should not have a problem with me clearly stating why said opinion is worthless. I honestly don't know how on Earth we are arguing. You made a comment, I said it was not based on facts, you supported that it was not based on facts, and we should now be done with the whole thing. I use things like "facts" "research", "case studies", and you use things like "opinions". Don't expect to gain much credibility with that approach.

ok, first things first, you haven't backed up your posts with scientifc evidence, you haven't discredited his "opinions".
The thread starter hasn't actually asked for any qualifications in regards to replies
you come across as an arrogant no mark to be honest
and putting things in "quotes" is one of the most "annoying" things "you" can "do".
tool!

ok, first things first, you haven't backed up your posts with scientifc evidence, you haven't discredited his "opinions".
The thread starter hasn't actually asked for any qualifications in regards to replies
you come across as an arrogant no mark to be honest
and putting things in "quotes" is one of the most "annoying" things "you" can "do".
tool!

Blah. Blah blahblah blah blah blahblahblah. Blah, "blah", blahblah blah.

I get the feeling that is all you're going to take from anything I say. In my "opinion" the TS does not need a new way to do pushups, but rather needs to focus more on correcting the imbalance CAUSED by doing too many pushups without enough pulling movements. Besides that, this kid suggested he buy a gimmicky piece of equipment which myself and many others find to be a waste of time and money. All I really did was ask him to explain why it was not a piece of crap. He could not so I didn't even have to explain why it was.

If you're not getting that I don't feel I have to explain my arrogant no markness.

TheAth-ah-lete - You are a complete idiot. I have also purchased one of these and can attest that they do work your muscles better for push-ups and are easier on your joints, being your shoulders and elbows. You on the other hand have never used them and do not have any research or scientific numbers to back up your claims of it not working. Why don't you stop being such a jackass and give advice on shit you actually know about.

P.S. any one that calls themself "The" Athlete already has an issue

If you do push ups, its not going to work against your flexibility unless you are injuring something or building too much size. As you probably know, push ups are a great exercise for working your chest, shoulders and triceps. Its basically the best upper body exercise for all levels of atheletes. Have you tried dips at all? Does it hurt for you to do a chest press?

TheAth-ah-lete - You are a complete idiot. I have also purchased one of these and can attest that they do work your muscles better for push-ups and are easier on your joints, being your shoulders and elbows. You on the other hand have never used them and do not have any research or scientific numbers to back up your claims of it not working. Why don't you stop being such a jackass and give advice on shit you actually know about.

Is that considered fighter bashing.. afterall, there is Jason 'the Athlete' McDonald. :icon_chee

Advice: Don't argue on the internet. State your case and refrain from name calling.

I've stated my opinions in this thread, and anyone is free to agree or disagree. I'm not getting worked up over here.

"No mark"? What's a no mark?

its a scouse (person from liverpool) phrase that means somebody who believes they have all the answers and in fact has very little basis for that belief.

At first I considered the imbalance issue. I have known lifters who benched more than anything else without doing any pulls (pulldowns, rows, deads etc) who ended up with shoulders that rounded forward. Some people who use grippers a lot without doing exercises that open the hand (rubberbands) or wrist rollers in only one direction end up with elbow problems. Flexors and extensors have to be both worked. We all know people with bad lower backs due to weak ab muscles. You have to equal out pushing and pulling exercises, that's just how the body works from what I understand (although I'm not an expert). But I don't know if this is the case for the OP. He isn't complaining of problems in his back or rear delts. he is saying that his shoulder locks up. He also stated that he had a prior injury. The question then arises..."what care did he get for that injury if any at all?" Maybe it is the shoulder and not the exercise. Maybe pushups aren't for him at the moment and the shoulder needs to be checked. There may be something else going on there that the pushups are aggravating. Not too many pushups, maybe just pushups in general or the way the weight and pressure is distributed over the course of so many reps. I think an imbalance would show different symptoms.

I HATE BJJ warm-up and "conditioning" routines. I can do my conditioning on my own. When I go to BJJ, I want to learn and roll. I can do all the push ups and crunches I want in my own time.

And for a hard training athlete, a 15 minute routine of a bunch of push ups, crunches, etc. contributes nothing to the fitness of the individual, yet can interfere with recovery.

Double thumbs down to class warm-up routines.

i agree-- the warm up should be partner / grappling specific--

not P.T specific

impressive, u dont take at least one day off a week?

Nope, it really pays off. after two weeks i had rock hard pecks. Ive been thinking about upping it to 300, but i know that if i get out of the habit.then i will lose the pecks and have giant man boobs. It''s not like lifting weights, you don't have to rest. I got the workout from Stew smith. mans a genius.

Back