• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Too many deluded BJ Penn fans

I think Rory will win, but I put some Vcash on Penn because the odds were good. Penn's gas tank is always suspect, but I think his boxing and takedown defense could win him the fight if he's in shape.

Lol what's so butt hurt about my post? There is like 10 threads on the topic, I just want substance not he's the new breed, Penn has no tank, Rory is the next GSP.

I like both fighters, but what would give anyone the impression that he would man handle BJ? Maybe you could elaborate??

Have you seen Penn look good at WW in the last few years? Aside from ko'ing 50 year old Hughes? Rory tossed around Diaz like a crash test dummy and was 7 seconds away from upsetting Condit (whom I love as a fighter). Penn's comments and antics over the last week are nothing new. He's acted the same way against both Fitch and Diaz and didn't come away with a win. You want substance from people, but we can't see into the future and tell you for sure how it's going to play out. Just look at the track record of Penn over the last few years at WW and it's not good. I think tomorrow you'll see Rory bust up Penn for a solid two rounds (2 and 3). Penn's game enough to hang in there for a unanimous decision loss. I just wish he hadn't been lazy and made the cut to 155 where he'd excell. He's going to regret it...

Some of you guys are underestimating BJ BIG TIME. Although Rory does have potential, he hasn't fought some who was as skilled and innovative, as Bj. The Prodijiy was the prototype of a complete mma fighter. His accumen to detail in fights can be just as sweet as boxing science.....

I got BJ taking out Rory in round 2, just because he hadn't had his "moitvation" in a long time. I think we're going to see another scary BJ PENN..... jmo

Last edited:
The longer the fight goes, the more it favours Rory. I'm on the fence, either BJ finishes Rory in the first Round, or Rory tires BJ and gets a UD.

i agree bj is going to get smashed and people will still discredit the win for rory.

people cant get it into their heads that bj is just NOT a WW. doesn't matter if he managed to get fitch down a few times or took a round from nick. the same thing always happens at WW. he gasses and gets beat up in the klater rounds. he hasn't won a meaningful fight at WW in a long time. he also hasn't fought in over a year so ring rust will play a factor.

The ones who are deluded are those who don't respect bj penn and his accomplishments simply because he has "fans"

This will not even be that competitive, The present vs the past, he's too big, too strong and too fit for BJ to keep up and I expect BJ to run out of gas early second round and get manhandled here.

I am 95% sure this is exactly what will happen tonight..

The ones who are deluded are those who don't respect bj penn and his accomplishments simply because he has "fans"

BJ is still a great LW.. He shoud have got in sick shape and went back to LW and seen if he could fight his way back up..

respecting his accomplishments is one thing, cause we all know bj is a legend but some people need to let go of the past. BJ's time has passed especially at WW. He's not fighting a past his prime matt hughes here, he's going up againts a much bigger, stronger, faster fighter who is hungrier and still improving.

OP, I'am not arguing with the possibility of Rory wining the fight, but to say he's going to manhandle BJ is ludicrous. What exactly makes u think that?
Rory's fight with Che Mills?

would have been much better if he made his return at lw

Psychojoe86 said:

Meh. Penn haters have been calling people who pick him to win a fight "deluded fans" ever since he was signed to fight Joe Stevenson. Posts like this are par for the course for Penn haters.

Penn fans are fine. His haters, however, rank among the most delusional posters on Sherdog.

I just want him to win for old times sake. I'm not a crazed fan like some posters on here. Rory seems to need a humbling so why not let BJ be the one to do it?

I just want him to lose because I know out there somewhere PositiveBalance will be crying like a b*tch

Back