Too bad DC didn't KO Jones when he raised his arms in victory

Lovetap

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I figured Jones would win but at the end of the 5th it would have been great if DC KO'd Jones when he raised his arms in victory.

Sherdog would crash for sure and I think it would be proof of a god up there not liking arrogance after what happened to Anderson Silva. :)

Made Jones look bad. He raises his hands so DC stops and then Jones wants to fight again. Douchy move by Jones. Like crashing the line on a kneel down or driving for a dunk when the other team concedes to let you run out the clock.

Jon is a great fighter, maybe the greatest, but there are some things he may never quite get.

Made Jones look bad. He raises his hands so DC stops and then Jones wants to fight again. Douchy move by Jones. Like crashing the line on a kneel down or driving for a dunk when the other team concedes to let you run out the clock.

Jon is a great fighter, maybe the greatest, but there are some things he may never quite get.

It was epic. Stop hating.

That moment was not epic and I'm not hating. There are times in sport where you are allowed to do things that you just shouldn't. Jon needs to learn that a bit for his legacy.

I call the guy maybe the greatest ever and you accuse me of "hating".

He will get it in time. He is young, and whereas he is not wholly immature, he still has some ways to go til he's a fully matured person and profeasional.

DC got into his head and pissed him off. He is still human. If anything though, it certainly was the perfect moment for a DC sucker punch, and he didnt take advantage.

Had DC KO'd him right there, would you discredit him for poor spprtsmanship or praise him for being crafty and winning?

Anderson,Fedor, and GSP would never throw the cheap shot Jones threw....but Floyd Mayweather would

He will get it in time. He is young, and whereas he is not wholly immature, he still has some ways to go til he's a fully matured person and profeasional.

DC got into his head and pissed him off. He is still human. If anything though, it certainly was the perfect moment for a DC sucker punch, and he didnt take advantage.

Had DC KO'd him right there, would you discredit him for poor spprtsmanship or praise him for being crafty and winning?
Good question JayPrimo. I imagine I would have blamed Jones for stopping in a fight he was winning before it was over. (of course after I cleaned the shit out of my pants)

I know that's hypocritical to a degree, but Jones letting down doesn't mean the losing competitor should stop, but in this case, both men stopped, so the restart with second left is low to me.

I do think Jon will eventually get it.

Anderson would clown guys for rounds at a time, showing zero respect throughout the course of a fight. Hell, its what got him KO'd even. Nobody is perfect. Its a full contact sport, tempers will flare

I guess .....if you like cheap shots

I dont even like Jones but that wasn't a cheap shot At all. It's DC's fault for thinking the fight had stopped when it obviously hasn't. You fight until the Bell sounds.

DC quit. He stopped fighting Right away when he Thought the fight was over due to Jones raising his hands. Not even hearing the signal. Jones beat him Bad sadly.

Jones was suprised DC was stupid enough to relax and stop fighting. So he tried to capatalize on it. Which he should.

the butthurt still flows this morning. Great!

Doughboy couldn't get the KO for 5 rounds, so I doubt he could put JBJ away even if he got a cheapshot in.

and still champ

I dont even like Jones but that wasn't a cheap shot At all. It's DC's fault for thinking the fight had stopped when it obviously hasn't. You fight until the Bell sounds.

DC quit. He stopped fighting Right away when he Thought the fight was over due to Jones raising his hands. Not even hearing the signal. Jones beat him Bad sadly.

Dumb

People are funny at times.

I wonder why there are 5 minute rounds which each fighter are supposed supposed to fight since its suddenly "cheap" to fight those 5 minutes and the fight Should stop whenever someone raises their arms lol.

He is 27 years old. Age excuse doesnt fit anymore

The only 30 year old kid we know is Erick Silva

I thought it was a douche bag move and I would have loved to see him get knocked out. The thing is, it would have looked pretty fucked up on DC's part if he did it.

Back