Tony had the chance to fight Khabib SIX times. We all know Tony doesn't want that fight.

2019 UFC 236 - Tony just flat out refuses to fight Max for the interim title. We would have already gotten Khabib vs Tony last week if he had accepted the fight.

Tony was the interim champ and he never lost a fight after this. Why going to win another Interim belt? Because Khabib is stupid enough to dive into the crowd and get punched by Danis? We all know why he jumped to Dillon... because he was shocked what Tony did to Pettis. And that was only a couple of months after his surgery. Not to mention how good Tony is right now properly healed. Khabib is shocked and is crawling for Tiramisu to fuck up the next weight cut.

Ps: stupid thread, stupid answer. <{hughesimpress}>

This is what I don't understand for people complaining about Tony refusing it. In April of 2018, Tony Ferguson was still in interim champion. Al vs Khabib happened and he was stripped. He never lost the belt, then they made Conor vs Khabib in October. Tony did something big for the company by taking the Pettis fight on the co main spot.

Should stepping up when he wasn't even 100% healthy not be rewarded? Should he really have to take a fight in the meantime? Plus it was an interim belt, something that he's already had.

And are we forgetting that Khabib could have fought Tony at UFC 216, but he wasn't ready for October apparently? He wanted to return in November instead.

Thank you, well spoken and the truth.

Khabib pulls out on fight week, Tony gets his pay cut & offered a non-title fight vs MJ.

Tony pulls out on fight week, Khabib gets a title fight vs Yaquinta w/ championship pay.

Weird.

The person I replied to wasn't talking about how the thread was framed like you are, he simply didn't read what the TS posted.

I understand what your point is but the person I replied to didn't have that point, they just didn't read.

Fair enough.

The only problem with December is that the event is scheduled for las Vegas

Yeah I guess. If they offer Tony the Super Bowl weekend card I'm pretty sure he'd take it and be fine with it as long as he's next. That's the first weekend in Feb.

They were scheduled to fight at:

2015 Ultimate Fighter season 22 finale - Khabib pulled out because of an injury

UFC on FOX 19 in 2016 - Tony pulled out because of some illness about blood going into his lungs.

2017 UFC 209 - Khabib has a weight cut that went badly

2017 UFC 219 - Tony refused to accept when he was given an offer https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...on-was-offered-for-ufc-219-hasnt-accepted-mma

2018 UFC 223 - Tony tripped over a wire

2019 UFC 236 - Tony just flat out refuses to fight Max for the interim title. We would have already gotten Khabib vs Tony last week if he had accepted the fight.

Stop making excuses for this guy Tony. We all know he doesn't want that fight.
Khabib pulled out a couple of times too!

Khabib d*ck rider confirmed

I bet if someone were to say some shit like "Khabib jumped the cage to get suspended and not have to fight Tony" all the crotch munchers here would get triggered and try to make it sound like something honorable

A pretty ingenious way to duck isn't it. The Champ gets to go on vacation, while the UFC tries to force the rightful #1 contender to fight in order to "keep the division moving"

A healthy champ sitting idly by while an interim is fought for in his division. One of the dumbest things the UFC has done.

It is annoying that you can not tell if someone is a troll or just dumb. Especially on sherdog. I have read so much shite in the short time that I am a member. It might be a world record

Watch your tone when you speak about the people’s champ.

Khabib pulls out on fight week, Tony gets his pay cut & offered a non-title fight vs MJ.

Tony pulls out on fight week, Khabib gets a title fight vs Yaquinta w/ championship pay.

Weird.
1 day Al who was training for a 3 round fight vs a striker.

It does seem like UFC politics played a large role in how it played out.

Yet another “MMA fighter is a coward” thread.

Tony was ALSO asked to be the back up fighter last week in case something happened to Khabib or Poirier and he AGAIN DECLINED.
I don't recall that..but if he was, why he wold decline i can't understand.

Yes, because people who don't want to fight repeatedly sign to fight. All Tony wants to do is pretend to fight and pull out just to make Sherdoggers mad. He's probably looking at this thread and laughing right now.

They were scheduled to fight at:

2015 Ultimate Fighter season 22 finale - Khabib pulled out because of an injury

UFC on FOX 19 in 2016 - Tony pulled out because of some illness about blood going into his lungs.

2017 UFC 209 - Khabib has a weight cut that went badly

2017 UFC 219 - Tony refused to accept when he was given an offer https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...on-was-offered-for-ufc-219-hasnt-accepted-mma

2018 UFC 223 - Tony tripped over a wire

Stop making excuses for this guy Tony. We all know he doesn't want that fight.

You could say the same about Khabib. They both are at fault for not getting to the fight.

I don't blame nonelite wrestlers not wantng to fight khabib

Back