Tony had the chance to fight Khabib SIX times. We all know Tony doesn't want that fight.

That's how shit works. The interim title holder gets stripped if they can't fight. Tony pulling out of fights costs the UFC tens of thousands, if not hundreds of dollars lost in revenue. You know that they are losing so much money when an event is cancelled right?

Tony should of beat up Max and then fought Khabib. But he didn't, he waited 2 weeks after he declined and then called out the winner of Dustin vs Max. He doesn't want that fight and everyone should just accept it.
so you're position here is that the 4 times he was signed to fight khabib he didn't want to fight khabib..........

That's how shit works. The interim title holder gets stripped if they can't fight. Tony pulling out of fights costs the UFC tens of thousands, if not hundreds of dollars lost in revenue. You know that they are losing so much money when an event is cancelled right?

Tony should of beat up Max and then fought Khabib. But he didn't, he waited 2 weeks after he declined and then called out the winner of Dustin vs Max. He doesn't want that fight and everyone should just accept it.

Dustin even said he wasn't guaranteed the title shot EVEN if he won the interim belt. The UFC can put whoever they want in there.

It's comical that you'd take this stance when Tony is calling for Khabib in 3 months. Weird strategy to avoid a fight with him.

Not sure why I'm feeding you, troll, but you're welcome ha ha.

Yeah, but that made total sense for Ferguson to turn down the Holloway fight because he took a much more important fight with way more upside and probably made more money 2 months later. I don't blame him at all. Great outside the octagon IQ.

I don't blame Tony for turning down another interim title match.

He already won one of those, and they stripped him.

Fool me once...

And yet he still framed the thread the way he did.

Are we to assume then that neither wants to fight each other LMAO?

This fucking place sometimes...

No, don't assume. Making assumptions is stupid.

I don't agree with the way he framed the thread either but I feel like you assumed I agree with him.

They were scheduled to fight at:

2015 Ultimate Fighter season 22 finale - Khabib pulled out because of an injury

UFC on FOX 19 in 2016 - Tony pulled out because of some illness about blood going into his lungs.

2017 UFC 209 - Khabib has a weight cut that went badly

2017 UFC 219 - Tony refused to accept when he was given an offer https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...on-was-offered-for-ufc-219-hasnt-accepted-mma

2018 UFC 223 - Tony tripped over a wire

2019 UFC 236 - Tony just flat out refuses to fight Max for the interim title. We would have already gotten Khabib vs Tony last week if he had accepted the fight.

Stop making excuses for this guy Tony. We all know he doesn't want that fight.
Tony was ALSO asked to be the back up fighter last week in case something happened to Khabib or Poirier and he AGAIN DECLINED.

Dustin even said he wasn't guaranteed the title shot EVEN if he won the interim belt. The UFC can put whoever they want in there.

It's comical that you'd take this stance when Tony is calling for Khabib in 3 months. Weird strategy to avoid a fight with him.

Not sure why I'm feeding you, troll, but you're welcome ha ha.
Of course Tony wants Khabib 3 months after he fights, he would rather have him 3 weeks after but he definitely doesn’t want him when he has had 6 months like Tony will have.

I don't blame Tony for turning down another interim title match.

He already won one of those, and they stripped him.

Fool me once...

Yeah, and as I said, taking the much more meaningful fight for more money 2 months later made even more sense than taking a 2nd fight for the interim belt and guaranteed matchup with nurmagomedov. Genius move.

Tony acts tough on twitter. he like Masvidal and Nate dont wanna fight for the belt cause he knows he would lose.

he called out conor at ufc 229 instead of Khabib. he dont want that belt trust me on that.

he belong with the BMF bullshit belt guys.
here comes mr know it all again

No, don't assume. Making assumptions is stupid.

I don't agree with the way he framed the thread either but I feel like you assumed I agree with him.

No not you. Your response was kinda odd due to the way he titled the thread and then half the stuff posted was Khabib pulling out though. I didn't assume that you agreed with TS in terms of Tony not wanting the fight, but your reply to the other guy seemed weird since the content of the OP didn't sync much with the context TS tried to frame it with.

No not you. Your response was kinda odd due to the way he titled the thread and then half the stuff posted was Khabib pulling out though. I didn't assume that you agreed with TS in terms of Tony not wanting the fight, but your reply to the other guy seemed weird since the content of the OP didn't sync much with the context TS tried to frame it with.

You might want to re-read the posts then. The person I replied to said that Khabib pulled out twice as if TS didn't already say it. I don't like when people complain about things they think the TS didn't say simply cause they are too lazy to read passed a thread title.

Of course Tony wants Khabib 3 months after he fights, he would rather have him 3 weeks after but he definitely doesn’t want him when he has had 6 months like Tony will have.

Well I'm sure he'd also like to get his paycheck sooner. And Khabib himself said he was looking at December to fight again, right?

Khabib got clipped once by Dustin but otherwise didn't take any damage. If he wants to fight in Dec, not sure what the issue is with Tony saying "Yeah December let's do it".

You might want to re-read the posts then. The person I replied to said that Khabib pulled out twice as if TS didn't already say it. I don't like when people complain about things they think the TS didn't say simply cause they are too lazy to read passed a thread title.

No I did read all that. My point is that when that's posted by TS and then he STILL frames it the way he did, pointing out something he himself said (in this case Khabib pulling out twice) can still be appropriate.

Maybe the guy you replied to could have clarified a bit better but I read the entire OP and my instinct was to say "Umm hey jackass, you titled your thread this way and then pointed out Khabib being responsible for the fight being called off twice...what the hell?"

I bet if someone were to say some shit like "Khabib jumped the cage to get suspended and not have to fight Tony" all the crotch munchers here would get triggered and try to make it sound like something honorable

El Cucuy is scared of Khabib but not scared to ankle pick Werdum?

Go back under the bridge, troll.

They were scheduled to fight at:

2015 Ultimate Fighter season 22 finale - Khabib pulled out because of an injury

UFC on FOX 19 in 2016 - Tony pulled out because of some illness about blood going into his lungs.

2017 UFC 209 - Khabib has a weight cut that went badly

2017 UFC 219 - Tony refused to accept when he was given an offer https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...on-was-offered-for-ufc-219-hasnt-accepted-mma

2018 UFC 223 - Tony tripped over a wire

2019 UFC 236 - Tony just flat out refuses to fight Max for the interim title. We would have already gotten Khabib vs Tony last week if he had accepted the fight.

Stop making excuses for this guy Tony. We all know he doesn't want that fight.

Tony acts tough on twitter. he like Masvidal and Nate dont wanna fight for the belt cause he knows he would lose.

he called out conor at ufc 229 instead of Khabib. he dont want that belt trust me on that.

he belong with the BMF bullshit belt guys.

Are 2019 users the P4P worst users yet??
fucking bush league threads and opinions

No I did read all that. My point is that when that's posted by TS and then he STILL frames it the way he did, pointing out something he himself said (in this case Khabib pulling out twice) can still be appropriate.

Maybe the guy you replied to could have clarified a bit better but I read the entire OP and my instinct was to say "Umm hey jackass, you titled your thread this way and then pointed out Khabib being responsible for the fight being called off twice...what the hell?"

The person I replied to wasn't talking about how the thread was framed like you are, he simply didn't read what the TS posted.

I understand what your point is but the person I replied to didn't have that point, they just didn't read.

Well I'm sure he'd also like to get his paycheck sooner. And Khabib himself said he was looking at December to fight again, right?

Khabib got clipped once by Dustin but otherwise didn't take any damage. If he wants to fight in Dec, not sure what the issue is with Tony saying "Yeah December let's do it".

The only problem with December is that the event is scheduled for las Vegas

Back