• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Tony Ferguson Releases Statement “Far From Retired”

He needs to retire. He won’t ever win a top 5 fight again on top of his mental health/drug problems.

that digging the computer chip out of leg that was secretly implanted/his wife being a witch and him being a Jesus Christ reincarnate on top of the last few beatings he’s taken/being 40. Dudes a punching bag now. On top of severely damaged mental health. This guy needs to hang it up

If anyone can bounce back from back to back thrashings mentally, it's Tony. It's not the mental toughness and resolve I'm worried about though, it's the injuries and damage.

Why are you even doubting? How the hell can he bounce back???? Its downhill from here
You act as if Tony got school by an opponent that's barely top 20. Oliveria is a guy we were told to keep an eye on before Tony came into the UFC. Kids finally hitting his stride. Gaethje walked through him through him to, but unless Tony starts getting smashed by lesser fighters there's nothing to worry about.

Give him someone on the lower level of the top 10 or dare I say, bottom of top 15, he needs a win, badly.

Tony is full of shit. But as the other guy said about Tony saying no excuses and then lists a bunch of excuses. lol

If he keeps training by himself without proper instructions he'll get beat by top competition. we'll see what happens later on with his next opponent.

He’s delusional...

Not hating... I’m seriously concerned about his health, both mental and physical.

He’s almost 40, he needs to retire and enjoy life. More beatdowns like this in the future will only cause more permanent damage.

Salute Tony, you’re a warrior but now might be the best time to hang it up and focus on your family, health and life.

knowing tony he'll probaby keep fighting. he's really stubborn on how he trains, but at the same time i think that's how he feels comfortable for his peace of mind.

no sweat. pull it back a bit and take a top 6-10 fight, see how that goes.

his movement was always stiff and off balance, but he was able to come forward and deal out damage. he looks like he's slowed down and the movement and balance have gotten worse, and more exposable. He's also fighting bad athletic dudes at the top of their primes in Gaethje and Oliveira. The concern is if he takes another lop-sided beating like this, it may be becoming a matter of him being too tough for his own good and he needs to pause.

You act as if Tony got school by an opponent that's barely top 20. Oliveria is a guy we were told to keep an eye on before Tony came into the UFC. Kids finally hitting his stride. Gaethje walked through him through him to, but unless Tony starts getting smashed by lesser fighters there's nothing to worry about.

You are missing the point. Tony will never be top 5 again. The best case scenario is staying in the top 10 the next 3 fights. Thats the bést case scenario. Why cant you accept this?

Book him vs Felder in Feb/March.

You are missing the point. Tony will never be top 5 again. The best case scenario is staying in the top 10 the next 3 fights. Thats the bést case scenario. Why cant you accept this?

You act as if top 10 in the deepest division is a negative. Yeah, he'll likely never get that elusive title shot now, but stating its "downhill from here" is implying much worse than top 10 status.

Lost 8 rounds in a row.. Theres no coming back.

That's still 7 less than Tyron Woodley though

Edit: actually he won round 2 against Gaethje so he's lost 6 in a row not 8

Last edited:
"No Excuses... but here are a bunch of excuses"

Just simply cannot take responsibility. No humility at all.

I never realized that Tony was so egotistical...
but again, I understand the wound is fresh, he's hurt... he just got utterly destroyed in there.

Denial isn't going to help improve anything though. Dude needs to get back to the gym and start doing things differently, otherwise he's not going to get different results.

He climbed the mountain but missed the peak by an inch. Now he's in the stage of his career where he's descending the mountain. As a Tony fan this won't be fun to watch. I see a few more horrific beatings in his future before he rightly hangs up the gloves.

Back