• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Tony Ferguson Releases Statement “Far From Retired”

He was given a much lower ranked opponent. Charles was only scraping into the top ten from beating Lee, who was a contentious guy to be in the top 10 at LW anyway by that point.

I said it a million times prior to the Giathje fight, but Tony's style isn't sustainable in longevity terms. He's brazenly goes into hot water on the feet and on the ground, and we've all seen his training videos. At 36, it can't be expected that he can maintain that sort of training regime and fight IQ without getting out-worked as he gets older.

It might sound pessimistic, but I don't think Tony handles top 5 guys again from here. He'll still break guys hovering in the top 10, but his balls-to-the-wall style was bound to get figured out, and it has been twice in a row.
charles won like 8 fights in a row. Thats not a fringe top 10 guy.. Yeah hes getting blown out of the water and it looks bad but still Olivera might be the best LW around right now

“No excuses, it was my fault 100%.. but in case anyone was wondering here is a laundry list of “reasons” why I lost the fight.”

Good on ya Tone for keeping a positive attitude but though you're indeed far from retired, you also appear to be far from contention at this point.
And what's up with "not making excuses" and then proceeding to cite "condensed time", among others?
Anyways, good to know Oli didn't break that arm, (interim) champ!

I said to my friends before the fight started that Tony is too proud to tap
I’m glad for his sake the round ended

Just imagine how better Tony would be if the people training him taught him to walk people down with head movement and defense.

He's gonna be 45 and muttering El Cansado........

Is this your first time watching a successful fighter lose or something? Get off it mate. He’s obviously declined, but he’s also a very capable fighter and a bounce back with some lower ranked guys isn’t unrealistic

He wil never be champ and a top 5 contender.

1. Already 37
2. Got too much damage
3. Two fights alreay proven he will never bounce back to the top

Is this your first time following MMA?

I think Tony is still a top fighter, I don't think he is the same guy from 2017, but I don't think he's fallen off too much. He just had two very tough style match ups for him.

He wil never be champ and a top 5 contender.

1. Already 37
2. Got too much damage
3. Two fights alreay proven he will never bounce back to the top

Is this your first time following MMA?

1.He's 36 Mystic Mac..

2.Ever heard of Michael Bisping?

3. Doesn't make any sense.

Yeah fair dooze.

I wasn't suggesting you called him an asshole, but if he was full of excuses like you did suggest then that'd be pretty ass holey behaviour, from a dude who is known for some pretty shitty arrogant comments from time to time, this I don't think is one of them...

He explicitly says multiple times "not an excuse", "that's on me", quest for "greatness"(suggesting he's not great yet) .. Du Bronx was "slick", enjoyed his style etc... I just don't see this as anything but a warm post, with a generous amount of self belief, which he'd be crazy not to have as an MMA fighter, never mind the fact this is Tony we are talking about here.

You want an example of excuses go see Suga Sean.

You're taking the whole thing way more seriously than I am. I was talking about the first paragraph of that statement. Look at my posts. I didn't shit on the guy. But when you start a tweet by literally saying no excuses. And then you roll out something that is a total excuse. What are people supposed to say?

He should have omitted the first paragraph.

They need to give him some serious lower ranked opponents. It is possible he can regain his confidence but the UFC has to rebuild him with matchmaking
He just fought the ghosts of Pettis and Cowboy 4 and 3 fights ago. How much lower do you want him to go? Islam? Dober? Ryan Hall?

You're taking the whole thing way more seriously than I am. I was talking about the first paragraph of that statement. Look at my posts. I didn't shit on the guy. But when you start a tweet by literally saying no excuses. And then you roll out something that is a total excuse. What are people supposed to say?

He should have omitted the first paragraph.
I'm just calling it how I see it, i'm not trying to be a dick, there are plenty of people who have called it the same way as you, maybe i'm wrong, by no means am I having a go, just trying to explain why I think "excuses" is not what this is.. I can see how that is perceived though.

I don't see why he shouldn't mention the backstage warm up as being different if it is, UFC is different since Covid, and he wasn't aggressive enough, it's hardly an excuse with the rest of the post's context.. None of that is wrong, or discredits Du Bronx's win over him imo.

Thats a much heavier weight division

So you still think he can beat Oliviera, Gaetjhe, Conor, Poirier? This is what we call delusion
So?

I don't know, i'm not a Mystic Mac like you seem to be.

Back