Tony Ferguson over rated?

I'm a huge khabib fan but think he is a bit overrated and Tony will probably handily smash his brains in.

Big khabib fan though........

I got a laugh out of your comment here, but I must ask, isn't it possible to be a fan and still see weaknesses? I'm a Cleveland Browns fan, and I'm well aware that they've sucked for years.

He seems like a guy who dosen't mind being in a bad spot and never panics. He believes he can hurt you from any position you put him in and you're going to have to put his lights out to stop him.

This guy didnt put his lights out

Overrated ? Fuck no. 11 fight win steak of absolute violence, arguably the most exciting fighter in the UFC atm..
However, Khabib will beat him pretty handily..

I got a laugh out of your comment here, but I must ask, isn't it possible to be a fan and still see weaknesses? I'm a Cleveland Browns fan, and I'm well aware that they've sucked for years.
It is but there are multiple subtle comments in the OP that flat out show he is no tony fan...

He said Tony was saved by the bell when that is 100% false. No fan would make an outrageous lie that was against someone they're a fan of.

I'm a Toronto sports fan. I'm used to cheering for shitty teams.

Happy that the Leafs have FINALLY decided to be serious about having a legit team. Raptors are doing great.

Now if only the jays could stop being terrible. I am confident they will start making noise in a couple of years. They finally got rid of some of their garbage in Tulo and Martin which makes me very happy.

I ask this as a fan of Tony Ferguson, I think he is a top contender in the division but I’ve just watched his fight v Kevin Lee and his fight v Pettis

Kevin Lee ended up in full mount towards end of round 1 and landing shots freely, Ferguson was saved by the bell. Kevin goes on to take Tony down several times in the rest of the fight.

Anthony Pettis drops Tony in their fight, and then jumps into Tony’s guard giving him time to recover.

Credit to Tony he went in to win both of these fights. However, if he’s getting dropped by Pettis (who’s better days are arguably behind him) and out wrestled by Kevin Lee - is he a serious title contender?

I can’t see Ferguson beating Khabib and Conor would likely land something early before Ferguson could get it to the ground.

I think he's fairly rated. Everyone knows he gets either dropped pretty often. But the guy is resilient as hell and finds a way to win. That's what matters most. He's dangerous everywhere and he's hard to put away. I can see him being a problem for Khabib. Not likely, but possible. I think his chances are better than Conor's.

How can he be over rated... The guy wins every fight... I never gave him a chance vs khabib because i just see him getting grapple fucked and chain wrestled..

I wouldn't say overrated at all, he's certainly near the top of the food chain. He probably has a better chance against Conor than he does against Khabib, everyone has seen the key to defeating Conor is get him to the ground and drain his tank.

Ah. . The classic "i am a fan but..."

<Deported1>

You cant be overrated with a winning streak like that.

Not sure but I’d say he’s has a lot of dumb luck. He has a big win streak and then his opponents just throw it away if they have him rocked or taken down into a bad position. His luck will run out once he faces somebody who won’t make a dumbass fuck up mistake once they get the upper hand.

Last edited:
He wins fights, that's all that matters.

Yeah I’d say although he is a very skilled fighter, much of his gameplan relies on swimming better in deep waters. Ferguson is getting up there in age, I don’t expect him to be successful with this approach sooner rather than later.

he will be overrated, but first he has to lose, it will happen sooner or later.

11 win streak in the best division of the ufc for many years. Super overrated guy.

Not at all. He is rated appropriately IMO. It's obvious to almost everyone that he has some glaring weaknesses, yet still has beaten almost everyone he has faced.

Back