Tony Ferguson over rated?

What you just described is someone who is proven in adversity

Lets see Khabib when he is being put in the same.situation

Granted Khabib is the favorite but to downplay Tony's skill is lol

And mandatory " the new Khabib narrative , Tony too easy why fight him "

The "narrative" you pulled out of your ass?

200.gif
Kay boo
sorry I am taken
<Baelish01>

I ask this as a fan of Tony Ferguson, I think he is a top contender in the division but I’ve just watched his fight v Kevin Lee and his fight v Pettis

Kevin Lee ended up in full mount towards end of round 1 and landing shots freely, Ferguson was saved by the bell. Kevin goes on to take Tony down several times in the rest of the fight.

Anthony Pettis drops Tony in their fight, and then jumps into Tony’s guard giving him time to recover.

Credit to Tony he went in to win both of these fights. However, if he’s getting dropped by Pettis (who’s better days are arguably behind him) and out wrestled by Kevin Lee - is he a serious title contender?

I can’t see Ferguson beating Khabib and Conor would likely land something early before Ferguson could get it to the ground.
I love Khabib...but Tony will finish him in the 4th or 5th round... as far as Connor goes...it will be much quicker finish...2nd or 3rd round....But Tony will end up as champion soon.

Gets tagged a lot, if anything he needs better defense, but i wouldnt call him overrated, dude is winning fights left and right for a while.

He's definitely one of the best fighters at LW, but he wins his fights due to overwhelming volume and cardio where he takes over fights after his opponent has faded and become more manageable, not skill, and he very easily could've lost many of these fights and we'd instead be talking about a 6-5 fighter or whatever.

Nobody should be surprised when the streak finally ends. He's not a Jon Jones who's clearly in control of his fights and we're just basically waiting to see how his opponent loses.
Spinning this narrative again I see.

The one Ali says you know his manager
<Arya01>
In other words, not the one Khabib says. Like I've said: the "narrative" you've pulled out of your ass, because Khabib has specifically implied in one of his social media posts not to equate the words of his manager to his own.

Dude has won like 12 fights in a row.. Unless people say he is the LW GOAT I dont think he is overrated at all.

In other words, not the one Khabib says. Like I've said: the "narrative" you've pulled out of your ass, because Khabib has specifically implied in one of his social media posts not to equate the words of his manager to his own.

It's still a "narrative" if it comes from Ali, it's just his narrative and not Khabib's.

But just to be clear:

Do we pay attention to what Ali says because he's the "GOAT MANAGER!" And give his NARRATIVE some due?

Or do we ignore it and laugh because it's totally different than what Khabib is actually thinking?

Is Ali just Khabib's lacky with no actual decent insight into his plans, thoughts, etc? Or is he his brilliant manager that's in his inner circle and that we should pay attention to because he is GOAT manager and has a great feel for the upcoming gameplan with Khabib's career?

Can't be both, has to be one or the other.

All the greats have moments where defeat is close or they show some tough moments. Jon Jones was getting beat by Gus and if it wasn't for his spinning back elbow he would've lost that fight likley, he was nearly subbed by Vitor. GSP had a very close fight with Hendricks and was heavily wobbled by Condits head kick, Fedor took a bomb from Fujita and was on wobbly legs, Anderson was nearly done on the scorecards vs Chael but landed that hail mary sub.

All the great fighter will have tough moments when facing other good fighters. But it's the ability to get through those moments, survive or overcome a tough fight and get the W. That is what makes them goats.

Great post Brother.

Thanks for admitting the narrative exists

<Baelish01>

He seems like a guy who dosen't mind being in a bad spot and never panics. He believes he can hurt you from any position you put him in and you're going to have to put his lights out to stop him.

Kind of like a modern day Frank Shamrock.
Although I think Frank was a better athlete.

Frank was dominated badly by Tito and Jeremy Horn, but ended up making both of them quit.

Yeah.

Him and Khabib have basically become the mascots for the hardcore fans.

To Casuals:What fight would you want to see?

Casuals:Conor v Brock

To Hardcore fans

Hardcore fans:Khabib v Tony or I don't really care

He's good I think he actually has a shot against Khabib most don't think he does but yeah he's overrated.

Thanks for admitting the narrative exists

<Baelish01>
The only place it "exists" is within the confines of your ass. Try not to hurt yourself next time you attempt another retarded asspull.

It's still a "narrative" if it comes from Ali, it's just his narrative and not Khabib's.

But just to be clear:

Do we pay attention to what Ali says because he's the "GOAT MANAGER!" And give his NARRATIVE some due?

Or do we ignore it and laugh because it's totally different than what Khabib is actually thinking?

Is Ali just Khabib's lacky with no actual decent insight into his plans, thoughts, etc? Or is he his brilliant manager that's in his inner circle and that we should pay attention to because he is GOAT manager and has a great feel for the upcoming gameplan with Khabib's career?

Can't be both, has to be one or the other.

Your entire post is nothing but verbal diarrhea. Khabib has specifically said: "My name is Khabib, not Ali". If you cannot comprehend what such a simple statement means, there's no helping you.

The only place it "exists" is within the confines of your ass. Try not to hurt yourself next time you attempt another retarded asspull.

Your entire post is nothing but verbal diarrhea. Khabib has specifically said: "My name is Khabib, not Ali". If you cannot comprehend what such a simple statement means, there's no helping you.

FFS don't act like a little bitch. I know what Khabib said, and I actually posted props to him in a thread a few days ago for saying it.

You get your panties all wadded up and go on the defensive about everything, I get it. But when Ali posted on social media the other day and a thread called him out, you were extremely adamant about defending him as the "GOAT manager" and all that crap. Now your attitude seems to be (and maybe I'm misinterpreting how you view it) "Who cares what Ali says, he doesn't speak for Khabib". Again, Ali was called out in that other thread specifically due to his social media posting, and you came to his defense.

If your attitude is that you don't really care what Ali posts about Khabib's career on social media (which is a totally fair view), why rush in to his defense so quickly when someone trashes him a bit for doing it?

Tony Ferguson's the type of guy that stops the microwave at 1 second just to feel like a bomb diffuser.

Last edited:
FFS don't act like a little bitch. I know what Khabib said, and I actually posted props to him in a thread a few days ago for saying it.

You get your panties all wadded up and go on the defensive about everything, I get it. But when Ali posted on social media the other day and a thread called him out, you were extremely adamant about defending him as the "GOAT manager" and all that crap. Now your attitude seems to be (and maybe I'm misinterpreting how you view it) "Who cares what Ali says, he doesn't speak for Khabib". Again, Ali was called out in that other thread specifically due to his social media posting, and you came to his defense.

If your attitude is that you don't really care what Ali posts about Khabib's career on social media (which is a totally fair view), why rush in to his defense so quickly when someone trashes him a bit for doing it?

And yet you write these walls of nonsense while doing mental gymnastics to support your biased agenda. Khabib said: "My name is Khabib, not Ali" = "Ali's words do not equate to my own". Therefore there is no """narrative""" about Khabib """ducking""" Ferguson, unless you're brain dead, end of story. You'll get to whine about Khabib ducking Ferguson, if he chooses to fight someone else instead, not before Khabib actually makes his statement. That's it, there's nothing more to it.

Hes not over rated. Hes had alot of close calls in his alot of his fights, but he always manages to recover and find a way to come back and win.

Back