Tony Ferguson over rated?

Yep

You think Conor is pretty much done in mma?
No not at all, I think he improved immensely from the time he fought Diaz till he went against Khabib but I do think there is a blueprint now for getting the best of him if the opponent has the tools.

Indeed. The one thing you can't take away from Ferguson is that he's not a dirty cheating rat.

Seriously? That's what you chose to take from it?

tony-ferguson-of-the-united-states-accidentally-pokes-the-eye-of-dos-picture-id621333402

He also illegally upkicked Barboza. Both moments changed the tones of the fights.

That’s the only proof we have
Prove he won’t tap again

Uhh...that isn't "proof".

Neither of us can "prove" something that hasn't happened yet. It's simply conjecture but your example from 10 years ago has no relevance.

Chuck blasted Tito all those years ago. Was that "proof" that it would happen again? Nope. Things change.

Tony Ferguson's the type of guy to ankle pick his grandpa at the family reunion

Uhh...that isn't "proof".

Neither of us can "prove" something that hasn't happened yet. It's simply conjecture but your example from 10 years ago has no relevance.

Chuck blasted Tito all those years ago. Was that "proof" that it would happen again? Nope. Things change.
Horrible comparison
I am not doubting his physical capabilities but mental
Another user said he would die before going out I showed proof he won’t
Which is fine
That’s all if he is out I a submission he won’t go out like holm

tony-ferguson-of-the-united-states-accidentally-pokes-the-eye-of-dos-picture-id621333402

He also illegally upkicked Barboza. Both moments changed the tones of the fights.
Conor cheated against Khabib in one fight more than Tony has in his entire career. You have posted some terrible comments today.

Tony Ferguson is the type of guy who would pull something out of the oven with his bare hands because he doesnt want to burn the oven mits

Horrible comparison
I am not doubting his physical capabilities but mental
Another user said he would die before going out I showed proof he won’t
Which is fine
That’s all if he is out I a submission he won’t go out like holm

No it isn't a terrible example. Just as people's physical attributes change, so does their mental makeup and how they deal with certain situations.

Why am I actually having to explain this to you? Are you just trolling here?

No it isn't a terrible example. Just as people's physical attributes change, so does their mental makeup and how they deal with certain situations.

Why am I actually having to explain this to you? Are you just trolling here?
Based off the proof we have he taps when on a submission which is fine I do too
All I’m saying is saying you have to put him out to beat him is unfounded
Prove his mental makeup changed because I know you can’t

Changed the tone?

Barboza's best moments came AFTER that upkick, not before it. He then got worn down and finished by the better fighter with better durability and stamina.

The accidental eye poke happened in rd 2 vs RDA. If that "changed the tone", how did RDA then win round 3? Seemed fine until Tony's relentless pressure started wearing him down near the end of rd 3. Then he just couldn't keep up with Tony's pace in rds 4 and 5. Or was there also an accidental lung poke that ruined RDA's cardio and didn't allow him to match Tony's pace and output?

Based off the proof we have he taps when on a submission which is fine I do too
All I’m saying is saying you have to put him out to beat him is unfounded
Prove his mental makeup changed because I know you can’t

I don't need to "prove" it. You can't prove it hasn't changed. It's comical that you think something that happened one time, 10 years ago is "proof" that it would happen again.

Big Nog didn't tap to Mir and got his arm broken. But he did tap to Werdum's armbar. There is your "proof" that fighters don't always make the same decision they previously did when deciding whether to tap or not.

Changed the tone?

Barboza's best moments came AFTER that upkick, not before it. He then got worn down and finished by the better fighter with better durability and stamina.

The accidental eye poke happened in rd 2 vs RDA. If that "changed the tone", how did RDA then win round 3? Seemed fine until Tony's relentless pressure started wearing him down near the end of rd 3. Then he just couldn't keep up with Tony's pace in rds 4 and 5. Or was there also an accidental lung poke that ruined RDA's cardio and didn't allow him to match Tony's pace and output?
Dude its pretty obvious the gronk you're talking to is a spastic.

He was not saved by the bell vs lee, he had already gotten out of full mountains was improving position by time roynd ended

He was not saved by the bell vs lee, he had already gotten out of full mountains was improving position by time roynd ended

Correct. With about 3 seconds left. He also took zero damage while Lee had mount.

Isn't it amazing how people try to misrepresent that round?

And honestly, when fresh Lee is a terrific grappler. Tooled Chiesa on the mat. Easily took Al's back and made him defend from there for most of round 1

Skills aren't Lee's problem. His awful gas tank is.

There are two fighters that scares the living shit out of me, Khabib and Tony. Both have 11 fights winstreak, in my opinion Khabib résumé is better. Make the fight already!

I ask this as a fan of Tony Ferguson, I think he is a top contender in the division but I’ve just watched his fight v Kevin Lee and his fight v Pettis

Kevin Lee ended up in full mount towards end of round 1 and landing shots freely, Ferguson was saved by the bell. Kevin goes on to take Tony down several times in the rest of the fight.

Anthony Pettis drops Tony in their fight, and then jumps into Tony’s guard giving him time to recover.

Credit to Tony he went in to win both of these fights. However, if he’s getting dropped by Pettis (who’s better days are arguably behind him) and out wrestled by Kevin Lee - is he a serious title contender?

I can’t see Ferguson beating Khabib and Conor would likely land something early before Ferguson could get it to the ground.
What you just described is someone who is proven in adversity

Lets see Khabib when he is being put in the same.situation

Granted Khabib is the favorite but to downplay Tony's skill is lol

And mandatory " the new Khabib narrative , Tony too easy why fight him "

Love how the ad at the top of my page was for wires.. He's not overrated but he is beatable and shows it alot, his age will catch up with him soon enough.
mine had cake

Back