• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Tony Ferguson Not Retiring & Says the Eye Poke Impaired His Vision

even if he was 40 and brain dead?

our concern shouldn't be what he would be doing if he retired but about his overall health, he's gonna a mess if he makes it to 60

If Tony was getting KOd early in his recent fights by prelim cans then he should retire but he is just losing back and forth fights against decent competition, no need to retire

Bobby was dancing in front of Tony, after receiving that punch to the head

Some of you are crazy. He needs to retire. Oh he's losing to good comp and he doesn't ALWAYS get finished. FFS stop. It's over.

He's done. However, a lot of fighters don't have any life outside of this, so people need to understand the reluctance to step away. This is a short career; you're done by your 40s, even earlier. For many fighters it's all they've done since they were teenagers. They had no sense of self before, and don't have a plan forward, or necessarily work options. We never know what's the situation with each fighter. Ferguson is not exactly going to be doing commentating or acting.

I hope the UFC can offer him something outside the octagon, considering his long record with the company.

Last edited:
There were two different fights, the one before he got poked and the one after he got poked. It clearly affected him in a big way.

Couldn't care less, Tony has always been a dirty fighter. Always fouls when he's put in a bad position yet never gets called out for it somehow

f2fve7ghjvs91.jpg

Omg, even if it did impair his vision it's not the reason he lost, he's deluded to the max degree, enough is enough.

Even *eye (lol) have to agree with you here sir, and you know how I feel about Tony.

I don't know if the numbers are right, but it looks like Tony earned more than 500K for fighting Green.

Yeah he got punched in the mouth and choked, but as long as he makes good money he won't retire. Plenty of fighters took worse beatings for less.

I love how easy you guys say people should retire. If everyone could just retire on a whim, nobody would work. These guys make the most money at the tail end of their career, of course they're going to milk it as long as possible.

I like how people always dismiss eye pokes so easily. No wonder fighters get free fouls from the ref. At the end of the day, people really don't care.

I knew as soon as he got eye poked he would use that as an excuse to why he lost. He definitely had a few okay moments in there but it's clear as day he isn't the same fighter he use to be, he use to be very agile and crafty in there, now he's hesitant to throw, telegraphs and his feet don't move like they use to.

Tbh the eye poke from Bobby "King" Green was devastating, Tony probably practices poking himself in the eyes at home with forks all the time so you know it must be bad if Tony couldnt take it. He didnt even take the full 5 minutes to recover.

RuCSZoY.jpg

Tony should have one more run out there! He looked great and dropped Bobby early, before the intentional eyepoke.

They should let him wear his shades tbh as it is his trademark now like Bryce Mitchell with the Camo shorts or Cowboy with the Muay Thai patch sewn on.

-CSO-

Back