• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Tony Ferguson Not Retiring & Says the Eye Poke Impaired His Vision

d242949e9fb7104b-600x338.jpg

You never want to be the last to know. And Tony is officially the last to know.

Dude is beyond shot and would have trouble getting a W against nearly any UFC LW at this point. Even other old dudes like Jim Miller, Guida (at 155 even) or Lauzon, if he wasn't retired.

Eye poke one of the worst things that could have happened. Allows him to kind write it off in his head and justify continuing rather than see what’s really happening. He was slow and not seeing anything coming from the get to. He’s going to get hurt very badly.

Eye poke one of the worst things that could have happened. Allows him to kind write it off in his head and justify continuing rather than see what’s really happening. He was slow and not seeing anything coming from the get to. He’s going to get hurt very badly.
If not the eye poke he would have found some other excuse, I do agree though.

I really think something should be done about eye pokes.

However, Tony should not use this excuse to return for another beating. There will be nothing left of him at this rate. Nobody wants to see him retire as a vegetable.

I never liked him years ago but now I genuinely feel sorry for him. He might be doing this for money. After all, what can he really do for money if he stops fighting? That might be why his family isn't stopping him. Just speculating.

As others have already echoed...he should retire.

He's lost 5 or so fights in a row in the UFC now, I find it hard to believe UFC will keep him for another fight.

Question is, what major organization would take him being on such a losing skid?

Unfortunately, he may end up in BKFC.

That eye poke was criminal, Tony was a stud for keep fighting after that. But make no mistake, Tony needs to GO.

Back