• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Tony Ferguson Not Retiring & Says the Eye Poke Impaired His Vision

Tbh the eye poke from Bobby "King" Green was devastating, Tony probably practices poking himself in the eyes at home with forks all the time so you know it must be bad if Tony couldnt take it. He didnt even take the full 5 minutes to recover.

RuCSZoY.jpg

Tony should have one more run out there! He looked great and dropped Bobby early, before the intentional eyepoke.

They should let him wear his shades tbh as it is his trademark now like Bryce Mitchell with the Camo shorts or Cowboy with the Muay Thai patch sewn on.

-CSO-

I want Tony to fight one more time against a super dangerous opponent but that is because i like seeing Tony get hurt, i don't understand his fans for wanting it.

Tony is the kind of guy you’d see frozen dead on the way to the top of Mount Everest. When you checked his backpack contents and found his journal. It would say, “I’m gonna be real with you, the topography map played a dirty trick and didn’t accurately reference the cold, the height, nor lack of oxygen. That’s cool though… cause I’m fixing to climb this mountain in spirit form. #CSO (Climbers Shit Only)”

It killed momentum definitely, similar to the Chandler fight.
Just bad luck man.
Not like it was blatant. Tony should've used more time.

Didn't Tony drop Green 2 times before the poke? I know for sure 1 drop, but maybe had him stumble back or something the other time.

Really wish these fighters would stop fighting after an eye poke. Always say you can't see and can't continue. Only maybe then will the UFC actually do something to try and prevent eye pokes by way of redesigning the gloves. Or maybe we just have to wait until the ufc patent runs out on the gloves. Greasy fucks.

I'm not even much of a fan of his these days, but I have to admit he did a LOT better than I was expecting him to, until he didn't.

You never want to be the last to know. And Tony is officially the last to know.

Dude is beyond shot and would have trouble getting a W against nearly any UFC LW at this point. Even other old dudes like Jim Miller, Guida (at 155 even) or Lauzon, if he wasn't retired.
Some people are surrounded by real friends who keep it real 100% of the time
Some
People are surrounded by yes men who say yes all the time
Some people are surrounded by fake friends
Some people are surrounded by enablers

Tony is surrounded by “give me sand” kind of people

Tony is the kind of guy you’d see frozen dead on the way to the top of Mount Everest. When you checked his backpack contents and found his journal. It would say, “I’m gonna be real with you, the topography map played a dirty trick and didn’t accurately reference the cold, the height, nor lack of oxygen. That’s cool though… cause I’m fixing to climb this mountain in spirit form. #CSO (Climbers Shit Only)”

9366dacb3055697eafdf239aefd6e3b84c434346.gif

The eye poke was a game changer to be fair, he was winning until the point which is why Green resorted to it.

Don't know why they won't bring in those gloves to cut it out, it has ruined too many fights.

Or better yet if an eye poke is deemed deliberate then the offending fighter is held down and their eye forced open whilst the other fight gets 3 free pokes. I guarantee the eye pokes would drop after that.

But even still, the old Tony would have still smashed Green with one eye.

What about Chase Hooper?
I can't think of any other fights that might be competitive

I have zero interest in seeing Tony fight again. Dude looked awful out there and him flopping like a fish while getting choked out cold by Bobby Green, of all people, was the icing on the cake.

He would have won the fight if they let him fight with lifting gloves and sunglasses on

I think nowadays UFC doctors shouldn´t even allow a guy like him to fight anymore. Look at him, he is physically and most of all mentally destroyed every time he enters the cage, and he is a young guy. Can you imagine a man like him at 80 years old? I don´t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back