Tony Ferguson "not impressed" with Barboza-Felder. Cerrone slams him in return

"Your on to talk? way more technical then U"

Out of 9 words, 4 are incorrectly spelled. What a genius.

Barboza is a guy who consistently beats just enough high caliber opponents to keep himself in title talks but always comes up short when it's time for his big breakthrough. I think he would do well against Ferguson, and hope he eventually gets his due.

Tony is a dangerous fighter and unlike Thatch he has a ground game. But it time to see if he can swim with the sharks. Thompson was really his first big win and Josh (while still dangerous) doesn't have a lot of tread left. I want to see him fight a top 10 guy.

Would love to see what what would happen if he fought a crafty guy like Ben Henderson that is good everywhere and physically strong. Or what would probably be a pretty sick striking battle between him and someone like Barboza.

Lol @ Ferguson... arguably got beat by Castillo then goes on to beat a late notice Tibau and a 1-3 Punk Thompson and now he's supposedly a "world beater".

Not buying the hype, there is clearly a gap between his level and the cream of the crop at LW.

Khabib, RDA, Cerrone, Pettis, Gil, Johnson would all beat him soundly. Heck even Barboza and Felder have a good chance of winning lol.

i dont know man, ferguson looked good against trujillo, he showed endurance and nice fight iq. and then yesterday, i rewatched the ultimate fighter finale 14, just to see dodson vs dillashaw, lol, but also on the card was ferguson vs yves edwards, and it was a nice showing for ferguson, he even attempted a rolling omoplata in that fight and possibly would have gotten it if the round wouldnt have ended.

ferguson is durable and has high fight iq. he has nice striking and great jiu jitsu.

i used to feel like he rubbed me the wrong way, as cocky or something, but he is slowly becoming one of my favorite dark horses. especially at lw.

i dont know man, ferguson looked good against trujillo, he showed endurance and nice fight iq. and then yesterday, i rewatched the ultimate fighter finale 14, just to see dodson vs dillashaw, lol, but also on the card was ferguson vs yves edwards, and it was a nice showing for ferguson, he even attempted a rolling omoplata in that fight and possibly would have gotten it if the round wouldnt have ended.

ferguson is durable and has high fight iq. he has nice striking and great jiu jitsu.

i used to feel like he rubbed me the wrong way, as cocky or something, but he is slowly becoming one of my favorite dark horses. especially at lw.

Ferguson is a lot of things. He's athletic, good stand up, powerful, aggressive, good subs, but I think his fight IQ is epically bad. He takes awful risks and almost lost the fight to Castillo by going for god awful sub attempts and putting himself on bottom against a guy with that kind of top game. He handed him the top control and the judges could have easily given it to Castillo who ended the fight in back mount.

I called for Cerrone/Ferguson back when Khabib pulled out of 187, and I'd still love to see it.

Ferguson/Barboza would be great. Hell, I'd take the MJ rematch as well, since Ferguson fought most of the fight with a broken arm.

Broken arm didnt make MJ x5 faster, MJ beats him even worse a second time around, that fight wasnt competitive AT ALL

Ferguson is a lot of things. He's athletic, good stand up, powerful, aggressive, good subs, but I think his fight IQ is epically bad. He takes awful risks and almost lost the fight to Castillo by going for god awful sub attempts and putting himself on bottom against a guy with that kind of top game. He handed him the top control and the judges could have easily given it to Castillo who ended the fight in back mount.

i dont know dude, a lot of ferguson's fights have shown good fight iq imo, i agree that he didnt do as well in the castillo fight, but im not going to say he has epically bad fight iq bc of one poor showing.

his fight against edwards was awesome! lol

Pretty clear 10-9 for Ferguson. He's right, the spinning shit was neato, but we don't need to go around pretending like that makes the fight more or less "technical" like any of us even know the meaning of that oft-used term.

Cowboy was probably drunk when he typed those. I know he can do better.

Still though, smashing Tibau and Thompson like Ferguson did is just about as impressive as any of Cowboy's wins, and certainly more impressive than anything Barboza or Felder have done.

Hook em up.

??? Johnson is on fire and would be about 12 times faster than Ferguson who is already very hittable.

They have both improved a lot, but Johnson is by far the most improved since he already smashed ferguson.

and Johnson isn't hittable? He may be fast, but the Barboza fight showed that though his fight IQ is improving rapidly, his defense is somewhat stagnant. We haven't seen his ground game tested at all recently either. Which, judging by the Blackzillians grappling policy, it hasn't evolved much.

You're blinded by Johnson's recent run. He's not the most improved "by far" in the slightest. Has he improved? Of course, but don't make it sound like he's leaps and bounds ahead of Tony.

Broken arm didnt make MJ x5 faster, MJ beats him even worse a second time around, that fight wasnt competitive AT ALL

Maybe because as someone who's primarily a striker, having a broken arm is a dilemma? Since then, he's studied under Eddie Bravo and begun rolling with his team nonstop.

That was a great fight, good for Cowboy to stick up.

He KO's Barboza and obliterates Felder any way he wants.

Maybe because as someone who's primarily a striker, having a broken arm is a dilemma? Since then, he's studied under Eddie Bravo and begun rolling with his team nonstop.

I think current Johnson beats any version of Tony. He squeaked by Castillo in a controversial decision but more troublesome than that is that the stand up was dead even. He never pulled away during the exchanges on the feet like Johnson, Felder, or Barboza. His only offense were a few failed subs.

To blame the broken arm is not fair either. Johnson broke it with a kick, that's fair game. It would be like saying Felder only lost to Barboza because his leg hurt. Well why did it hurt?

ARe you kidding? That fight was amazing. That's how you know you have a hater

third round kind of sucked, and neither guy was aggressively looking for the finish throughout the fight.

Still a decent fight w/ high-level striking, but definitely not a barn burner...

They were definitely trying to finish with one big shot. It doesn't take a genius to see that.

Those body kicks from Barboza would have put any lesser man down for sure. He also ate a huge spinning back fist from Felder as well.

Back