Tony Ferguson "not impressed" with Barboza-Felder. Cerrone slams him in return

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Someone please embe the Twitter convo.

http://www.bjpenn.com/cowboy-takes-shots-at-tony-ferguson/

I know the board has a massive erection for Ferguson right now, but I think both Barboza and Felder are bad matchups. Both have great defense and he is way too hittable. He also takes too many risks IMO.

Last edited:
Might be time for Ferguson to have to prove everything he said about Edson

I just wanna see Ferguson against top guys. Barboza would be awesome.

sloppy brawler that does dive flips, hahahahaha

I called for Cerrone/Ferguson back when Khabib pulled out of 187, and I'd still love to see it.

Ferguson/Barboza would be great. Hell, I'd take the MJ rematch as well, since Ferguson fought most of the fight with a broken arm.

Ferguson is an exciting prospect for sure. Hope he doesn't blow his wad prematurely

...Not sure you understand what a prospect is. Tony is not one.

As to the subject, his boxing is clearly beyond Felder or Barboza, but their advantages are also on the table. Would be interesting to see how the movements shake out and who outperforms on fight night.

Ferguson is an exciting prospect for sure. Hope he doesn't blow his wad prematurely

When has Ferguson ever shown strong wrestling? I haven't watched his fight with Thompson, but it's hard not to agree that Thompson is on a big decline and Barboza is physically stronger and strikes harder than them both.. Barboza by tko/decision.

Maybe you should watch the Thompson fight then. Thompson has always had great wrestling and nobody has really outwrestled as of late until Ferguson.

i agree w/ ferguson... i thought the fight was overrated.

Someone please embe the Twitter convo.

http://www.bjpenn.com/cowboy-takes-shots-at-tony-ferguson/

I know the board has a massive erection for Ferguson right now, but I think both Barboza and Felder are bad matchups. Both have great defense and he is way too hittable. He also takes too many risks IMO.

Lol at Felder being a bad match up for El Cucuy. Can u say takedown to beat down?

Barboza is a different story as he has great takedown defense but I could see Ferguson catching him

Wow people really hopped off that Felder train quick lol.

Ferguson has proved he's ready for a big fight. His body is ready. As is mine. Ferguson Barboza would be SICK.

He's not wrong. As opposed to Cowboys grammar.

:icon_arro

third round kind of sucked, and neither guy was aggressively looking for the finish throughout the fight.

Still a decent fight w/ high-level striking, but definitely not a barn burner...

Overrated? All anyone has said was that it was a display of high level technique and a fun fight. Sure, by the third round Felder just started spinning for shits and giggles, but it was a high level striking match for sure.

I called for Cerrone/Ferguson back when Khabib pulled out of 187, and I'd still love to see it.

Ferguson/Barboza would be great. Hell, I'd take the MJ rematch as well, since Ferguson fought most of the fight with a broken arm.

Mikey J would beat the brakes off him even worse the second time around. You know why he fought most of the fight with it broken? Cause old Mikey snapped it like a twig.

Battle of attrition. They nullified one another.

Furguson got away with that stuff because Thomson is a wild striker himself. I don't see him doing that against the top 5. He's going to lose to one of them . He should then take 6months off to put on 15-20lbs and come back at 170. I think he'll have better luck against those guys. 170 is a less technical weight class in general. Mostly wrestlers with so-so boxing, a Rory, and a champ that likes to swing.

third round kind of sucked, and neither guy was aggressively looking for the finish throughout the fight.

Still a decent fight w/ high-level striking, but definitely not a barn burner...

I clicked the up arrow. I agree man.

I wish we could have Tony Ferguson vs Tony Pettis

Have never like the dude and loved it when MJ broke that shit but he's an entertaining match up in the '55.

Lol at Felder being a bad match up for El Cucuy. Can u say takedown to beat down?

Barboza is a different story as he has great takedown defense but I could see Ferguson catching him

I was never under the impression that Felder had bad TDD. He shook off Castillo's takedowns with ease while Ferguson spent half that fight on bottom and was backmounted as the fight ended.

Battle of attrition. They nullified one another.

Furguson got away with that stuff because Thomson is a wild striker himself. I don't see him doing that against the top 5. He's going to lose to one of them . He should then take 6months off to put on 15-20lbs and come back at 170. I think he'll have better luck against those guys. 170 is a less technical weight class in general. Mostly wrestlers with so-so boxing, a Rory, and a champ that likes to swing.

Lightweight is such a tough weight class, can't make many mistakes in the top 10. I think Ferguson is very exciting but very reckless as well. The only killer striker he's fought is MJ before he was really good.

His fight with Castillo says a lot. I rewatched it and their stand up exchanges are very even the entire fight.

High pressure fighters are barbozas weakness. But on the other hand barboza is a beast of an athlete so i never count him out.

I favor Ferg 60-40.

Ferguson has proved he's ready for a big fight. His body is ready. As is mine. Ferguson Barboza would be SICK.

Ferguson would smash Barboza. He would take him down and cut him up. Probably submit him. Bring on Khabib!

High pressure fighters are barbozas weakness. But on the other hand barboza is a beast of an athlete so i never count him out.

I favor Ferg 60-40.

I think both guys are going to bring hell. It could be a foty candidate.

Spot on. Agree 100%

nothing interesting with Barbosa here,
Tony will beat him easily

Back