Tony Ferguson is a genius for accepting Cerrone. He knows itll be his easiest fight in a while.

Highest IQ on the UFC Roster, borderline genius

<{MindBrown}>

Yeah, I had a couple off picks in the past but I think the majority know that sometimes you just get unlucky. Dont tell me that Rose, Silva, and Lee were bad picks as of late. Not my fault that crazy flukes are happening left and right. Lee wasn't ready for 170. He would adjust and win the rematch imo. Ferguson vs Cerrone is the definition of a lock if there every was one.
Lol at those legitimate wins being flukes. If Cerrone KOs Tony with a headlock you’ll say it was a fluke to save face

Tony shouldn't be fighting for anything less than a title but I am sure he needs a steady stream of income and since he isn't next in line then why not take a gimme fight to get paid and stay active. He is going to walk through Cerrone in 2 rds.

Cerrone is a good fighter but he folds in these big fights. We saw it against RDA and against Till as of late. Ferguson and his managemrnt know this fight is a lock. I'm personally shocked to see people think Cerrone has a chance and I think Cerrone is making a big mistake for accepting this fight so soon. For Cerrone to even be competitive he needs a very good full camp with a nice recovery. Itll still be a good fight though.

Anyways, for those of you who bet I would parlay Ferguson and Tai Tuivasa. Those are the biggest locks at 238. Easy picks. Should be a good night.

Stop making picks, you suck at it. Plus Tony and genius, not so much.

Big Tony fan here, but you are delusional if you see this as a lock. How in hell is this an easier, or better paying fight than Max?
Exactly. Max is a much easier opponent for Tony than Cerrone is IMO.

I think Tony and Cerrone would beat Max decisively.

Cowboy does have a history of getting starched in big fights so I can definitely see this happening. He also can look brilliant at other times. Think Tony is gonna push him like Nate did and take the W.

guys that are aggressive, who have good cardio and chins are cerrone's kryptonite. i think tony is going to outwork cerrone, and gas him out, and tony probably finishes him later in the fight.

I think this is better for Cowboys confidence. The short time between the fights.
Cowboy gets on these winning streaks and then takes a quick fight and loses.

He does not have time to recover. Ferguson knows this the same as I do.

But I hope Cowboy kos him. It is a possibility but not likely.

I just dont see the point Cowboy is trying to make here. The guy is in a perfect position and he fights on a quick turn around against probably the worst style matchup in his division. It makes no sense.

Tony keeps up such a high pace that the first round is automatically a loss for the slow starting Cowboy. Also Donald is such a standard muy Thai guy that a herky jerky and awkward guy like Tony is going to be hell to time.

We saw it against RDA and against Till as of late.

I wouldn't call the RDA fight "as of late." Till had a marked edge in size against Cerrone. Ferguson isn't built like Till; I wouldn't extrapolate anything from the Till fight.

Tony probably wins but Cerrone is not an easy opponent. He's unpredictable and he's dangerous. If he rocks you then you are probably done, he is one of the best ever at following up on a hurt opponent.
What's the reason Cowboy is consistently a "slow starter"? Given that this has been a known problem, why is it hard to fix? Apparently it's not a matter of warming up / getting hit a few times in the back room. Is this a side-effect of not sparring much, so he's has to get the timing back? Or?
it's clearly something mental which is not easy to address. Once in a while he comes out from the beginning ready to fight.

Fuck, if TS is picking Tony to win with ease you know it for sure isn't gunna happen.

Back