Tony doesn't have much of a chance

I think Tony does a Tony - type stupid move, possibly a roll and he rolls into a GnP position where Khabib embarrasses him. All Tony fans will make endless threads of how Tony would have won if he didn't roll.

All Khabib need is to be better in grappling aspect and cardio of Staph Fighter Kevin Lee

Pretty much this.

Khabib's grappling is next level. If he grabs any part of you, dick included, he will end up dragging you to the ground and controlling you in ways you've never felt.

We know that, for instance, Poirier has excellent scrambling ability. We've seen it in a ton of his fights. He had nothing for Khabib other than a few guillotine attempts that Khabib gave him.

We know that Tony will be more aggressive off his back, but what happens when his legs are tied up, Khabib's got one of Tony's arms behind is back and Khabib is just raining down hammers.

Surely Tony will be using his one free limb to try to punch and elbow from the bottom, but how well do you really see that going for him?

The "ex-factor" for the fight is the cardio, but can Tony's cardio hold up through 3 rounds of being pinned and punched in the mouth? Everyone loves his cardio but we've never seen him under the pressure that Khabib puts on people.

I wanted to make a thread, but do you guys think Tony is the best fighter ever to come out of TUF?

This fight is getting cancelled due to Coronavirus, that is Tony’s biggest hurdle to victory. Khabib ain’t shit.

This fight is getting cancelled due to Coronavirus, that is Tony’s biggest hurdle to victory. Khabib ain’t shit.

Tony's sunglasses protect him from coronavirus

Tony will have no choice but to be on his back ... where he will realize Khabib's lifetime of experience dwarfs Tony's "last several years" of experience. Not to mention Tony has never faced anyone with Khabib's stamina, aggression, or experience either.

Tony gets dominated a lot on the ground by lesser fighters than Khabib, as previously said. Tony is good at "catching people" while being dominated ... but no one with the ground savvy of Khabib.

Meanwhile, Khabib has never been dominated on the ground, in his life, by greater wrestler/submission fighters than Tony.

These facts, combined with the fact Khabib is in his absolute prime, while Tony is past his prime, equal the conclusion that Tony Ferguson will get dominated and either submitted or stopped by Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Mark my words.

Tony will have no choice but to be on his back ... where he will realize Khabib's lifetime of experience dwarfs Tony's "last several years" of experience. Not to mention Tony has never faced anyone with Khabib's stamina, aggression, or experience either.

Tony gets dominated a lot on the ground by lesser fighters than Khabib, as previously said. Tony is good at "catching people" while being dominated ... but no one with the ground savvy of Khabib.

Meanwhile, Khabib has never been dominated on the ground, in his life, by greater wrestler/submission fighters than Tony.

These facts, combined with the fact Khabib is in his absolute prime, while Tony is past his prime, equal the conclusion that Tony Ferguson will get dominated and either submitted or stopped by Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Mark my words.
Word !

This fight is getting canceled due to Tony not wanting a ass whipping. He will probably say he has the Corona Virus to dodge Khabib again and take a fight with Diego Sanchez because like Cowboy he is coming off of a win. Haha

It’s a tough matchup for Tony. I will be rooting for him, but he has an uphill battle.

His best bet will be to make it a dogfight, push a pace and get Khabib tired.

But it will be hard to do that from the bottom so he will have to stuff some takedowns and likely pull off a few sweeps. Not impossible, but not easy against Khabib.

I really don’t see tony win. I hope I am wrong. But tony gets taken down, and he’s against the best take down fighter at 55.

how does he win? Unless he got sick TDD the last few months , it really seems like it’ll be a 50-45 beating. I hope I’m wrong

I see Nurmagomedov ultimately getting the win, but Ferguson is probably the biggest threat he has fought and is dangerous off of his back as well as on his feet.

Tony takes damage in every fight. Khabib never has. This fight has a logical conclusion already.

I really don’t see tony win. I hope I am wrong. But tony gets taken down, and he’s against the best take down fighter at 55.

how does he win? Unless he got sick TDD the last few months , it really seems like it’ll be a 50-45 beating. I hope I’m wrong
You might be wrong as Khabib May finish him before round 5.

Back