Tony and top 5

Ufcmaster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's have a serious discussion about Tony and top 5 contenders.

First Tony has fought only 2 top 5 guys.
RDA and cowboy.

RDA coming after a standing TKO loss to eddie and Cowboy after beating Iaquinta. ( Just noting the circumstances of those fights. Not making judgments)

Second Tony hasn't fought the following guys:
- Khabib
- Poirier
- Conrat
- Gaethje
- Alvarez (he is gone now)

These guys I have listed above have fought 2 or more people on that list.

- Khabib fought Conrat & Dp
- DP fought Khabib, Conrat, Gaethje & eddie
- Conrat fought Khabib, Dp & eddie
- Gaethje fought Dp, eddie
- eddie fought conrat, dp & gaethje

Now the problem with T-ferg is that the dude hasn't fought enough institutional or elite LW's

Yes pettis and cowboy are institutional 155ers but they are not elite Lw's. Or where not anymore by the time Tony fought them.

In conclusie if Tony beats Khabib by some miracle, it doesn't make him the LW Goat

Discuss

Khabib Bless

PS for all you "Eddie is lw Goat/Gomi is lw goat"lovers here is something for you :D

20200206_174940.jpg

Tony was the interim champ when Conor was the champ, instead of fighting him Conor was stripped.
RDA was #2 when Tony fought him
Cowboy was #4 when Tony fought him
Kevin Lee was #7

Funny you're counting Conor fighting DP at 145, but not any of the actual top 5 LWs Tony fought.

Tony was the interim champ when Conor was the champ, instead of fighting him Conor was stripped.
RDA was #2 when Tony fought him
Cowboy was #4 when Tony fought him
Kevin Lee was #7

Funny you're counting Conor fighting DP at 145, but not any of the actual top 5 LWs Tony fought.

Beating FKL for an interim title doesn't rate.

I already mentioned RDA and cowboy.

Khabib Bless

@Ufcmaster "Now the problem with T-ferg is that the dude hasn't fought enough institutional or elite LW's"

This comment is ridiculous.

Look at the records of the fighters Tony fought when he fought them.

And don't trust rankings b/c the criteria for each rank is different. The one you referencing looks like an all-time rank of fighters of light weights from every organization. Which means it includes people who never fought in the UFC or no longer fight in the UFC and people who were in their prime a decade ago. It's not relevant. For ex: BJ Penn is on a 7 fight losing streak but he's listed as #1 in your screen shot.

Not relevant.

@Ufcmaster "Now the problem with T-ferg is that the dude hasn't fought enough institutional or elite LW's"

This comment is ridiculous.

Look at the records of the fighters Tony fought when he fought them.

And don't trust rankings b/c the criteria for each rank is different. The one you referencing looks like an all-time rank of fighters of light weights from every organization. Which means it includes people who never fought in the UFC or no longer fight in the UFC and people who were in their prime a decade ago. It's not relevant. For ex: BJ Penn is on a 7 fight losing streak but he's listed as #1 in your screen shot.

Not relevant.
Tony has never fought a fighter on a hot streak like Poirier. Look at all the fighters Poirier had to beat to get to Khabib.

Tony never fought a 2 division champion like Conrat. I may hate the guy but he's pretty good at this fighting thing.

Even RDA Tony's best win was after a loss.

Gatekeepers like Pettis and Cowboy don't impresse me

Khabib Bless

Alveraz at #3?
I don't think he was the best LW during any time. The guy arguably lost to the shell of Pettis and had a razor close fight with the shell of Melendez

Bendo, Pettis, Rda, Ferg all tore through the division and top contenders to become champs.

That list is broken and shouldn't be used to prove ANYTHING

Alveraz at #3?
I don't think he was the best LW during any time. The guy arguably lost to the shell of Pettis and had a razor close fight with the shell of Melendez

Bendo, Pettis, Rda, Ferg all tore through the division and top contenders to become champs.

This list is generated via ELO

Ps you will make @KID Yamamoto cry lol

Khabib Bless

Cowboy isn’t a top 5 even if Sherdog says he is. So, Tony hasn’t beat a top 5 since the I phone 2 was invented.

Cowboy isn’t a top 5 even if Sherdog says he is. So, Tony hasn’t beat a top 5 since the I phone 2 was invented.
Whaaaaaaat?
Cowboy was on a 2 fight win streak against the "super prospect" Hernadez and Raging Al... Maybe in hindsight those wins aren't as crazy as they seemed at the time but Raging Al just beat Lee while Hernadez KO'd the super skilled Dariush.

Cerrone was certainly a top 5 at the time and was looking good at LW

Whaaaaaaat?
Cowboy was on a 2 fight win streak against the "super prospect" Hernadez and Raging Al... Maybe in hindsight those wins aren't as crazy as they seemed at the time but Raging Al just beat Lee while Hernadez KO'd the super skilled Dariush.

Cerrone was certainly a top 5 at the time and was looking good at LW
Raging Al is top 15 not top 5. Beating him makes you 14 unless you lose your last 3 then maybe lower.

Alveraz at #3?

Cerrone is way better than Alvarez despite not winning a belt as well imo, that list is utter trash.

Real top 5 in order:
Khabib- he beat Conor
Conor- he beat Dustin
Dustin- he beat Gaejhe
Tony-he beat Cowboy that everyone ahead of him beat faster or he isn’t ranked high enough to fight.

I told you to look up the record of Tony's opponents when he beat them, but you didn't. Instead you chose to double down on idiocracy.

Gleison Tibau had 24 UFC fights, 16W-8L when he lost to Ferg.
Edson Barboza had 13 UFC fights, 10W-3L when he lost to Ferg.
Danny Castillo had 10 UFC fights, 7W-3L when he lost to Ferg.
Kevin Lee was on a 5 fight win streak when he lost to T.Ferg.

Anthony Pettis won the LW belt and defended the LW belt. 1+1=2 wins as a 155lb champion.
Conor won the FW belt and then won the LW belt. No title defenses. 1+1=2. It's basic math.
They have 2 wins as champions, so Conor isn't a better light weight than Pettis. He's just better at promoting himself to noobs like you.

Conor has 5 fights at light weight with a 3W-2L record. Calling him a great light weight is a sign of how delusional you are.

Back