Tony and top 5

Michael Johnson
MJ beat Tibau, Barboza, Castillo, Poirier & Ferguson. Lost to Khabib though :D

Gleison tibau
When he faced Khabib he was on 3 fight winstreak with a win over RDA

Edson Barboza
On a 3 fight winstreak before he faced Khabib with wins over Pettis, Melendez & Dariush

RDA
When he faced Khabib he was on 5 fight winstreak with a win over Cerrone. Less then a year later he beat Pettis fort he title. Plus then defended against Cowboy.

Abel Trujillo
On a 5 fight winstreak before he faced Khabib.

Al Iaquinta
On a 5 fight winstreak before he faced Khabib. Then went on to kick FKL ass again :D

Conrat
First UFC champ champ

Dustin Poirier
9W-1L record at LW before he faced Khabib. He beat 4 champions in Pettis, Gaethje, Alvarez & Holloway.

Khabib Bless ur bum soul

You seem to be confused about your own argument. Your original post is about trashing Tony Ferguson's accomplishments. You said, "Now the problem with T-ferg is that the dude hasn't fought enough institutional or elite LW's"

I gave you examples of five"institutional" light weights with winning records.
1) Gleison tibau, 2) Edson Barboza, 3) Abel trujillo, 4) Danny Castillo and 5) Kevin Lee.
Not to mention the fighters you already mentioned RDA and Pettis.

So you lost that argument. And since you're trying to change the narrative by focusing on Khabib accomplishments, I can only assume you're aware of your ignorance.

Today's lessons from Ryeboi include:
1. Only nooblets try to use all time rankings to try and prove a point.
2. Only nooblets think Conor is an elite Lightweight. He and Pettis are both former LW champions, but Pettis defended his belt and Conor did not.
3. Khabib has clearly been the greatest LW for at least the past 4 years even without a belt. And Tony Ferguson was the real number 1 contender for the same time period. Dustin and Conor only cut the line b/c Tony and Khabib they were injured in champ camp.

You're welcome.

Lol I used that as an interesting look at what the historical best LW's in the world were considered at the time. I still like their lists but that doesn't mean I agree with literally everything on it.
They have Bisping as a top 5 middleweight ever. In no universe do I agree with that. I don't think Khabib is a top 5 LW. I don't think he has the resume ATM. If he beats Tony my mind will change.
You are some weirdo obsessed with "khabib haters" (even though im a fan of him) and tag me in threads I never posted in so you can shit talk. You are mentally ill.

Tony beat RDA just after he lost his title. RDA had 6 fights worth of training camp until his next loss and IMO improved on a technical level. So I personally do not think it is irrelevant.
Lol I used that as an interesting look at what the historical best LW's in the world were considered at the time. I still like their lists but that doesn't mean I agree with literally everything on it.
They have Bisping as a top 5 middleweight ever. In no universe do I agree with that. I don't think Khabib is a top 5 LW. I don't think he has the resume ATM. If he beats Tony my mind will change.
You are some weirdo obsessed with "khabib haters" (even though im a fan of him) and tag me in threads I never posted in so you can shit talk. You are mentally ill.

Tony beat RDA just after he lost his title. RDA had 6 fights worth of training camp until his next loss and IMO improved on a technical level. So I personally do not think it is irrelevant.
Following this logic

Khabib beat Conor & Dustin … Therefor Tony is next.

There is balance in the force at last.

Yes, but Tony beat no one on this list so he is last, unless you think is a given he beats the Beebs.

His win streak is 12 whether or not Khabib beats him. You realize this, right?

And nobody cares if your dumb ass thinks those other guys would beat him.
If Tony loses his win streak becomes zero and you know I can hardly wait.

If Tony loses his win streak becomes zero and you know I can hardly wait.

His CURRENT win streak would be zero. He'd still hold a 12 fight win streak during his career.

But when he beats Khabib it's 13 and it will be glorious seeing the epic meltdowns here from everyone talking about how he has no chance in this fight.

His CURRENT win streak would be zero. He'd still hold a 12 fight win streak during his career.

But when he beats Khabib it's 13 and it will be glorious seeing the epic meltdowns here from everyone talking about how he has no chance in this fight.
Tony isn't showing up and he certainly isn't winning but if it will make you feel better Tony has a better chance than Serra did against GSP.

Tony isn't showing up and he certainly isn't winning but if it will make you feel better Tony has a better chance than Serra did against GSP.

Oh he's showing up, and he may well win.

And I don't need to feel better, I feel amazing. I already told you, I get another Christmas this year in April. And the salty tears of all the Tony hating know-it-alls (not you, you're cool, but the rest of your ilk) are going to be an amazing gift that I will savor for a long time.
tenor.gif

Oh he's showing up, and he may well win.

And I don't need to feel better, I feel amazing. I already told you, I get another Christmas this year in April. And the salty tears of all the Tony hating know-it-alls (not you, you're cool, but the rest of your ilk) are going to be an amazing gift that I will savor for a long time.
tenor.gif
You always make me laugh. BTW when I said Tony has as much chance as Serra vs GSP you know I was referring to number 2, not their first fight.

I can't take any thread seriously that deliberately misspells a fighters name

Raging Al is top 15 not top 5. Beating him makes you 14 unless you lose your last 3 then maybe lower.

Right so if everyone should be ranked lower than they are so who's actually top 5?

Also Ts talks about Tony not beating top fighters but who has Gaethje beat?

Also Kevin Lee is just as tough a fight as most of the guys listed.

Yes, but Tony beat no one on this list so he is last, unless you think is a given he beats the Beebs.
You seem to be confused about your own argument. Your original post is about trashing Tony Ferguson's accomplishments. You said, "Now the problem with T-ferg is that the dude hasn't fought enough institutional or elite LW's"

I gave you examples of five"institutional" light weights with winning records.
1) Gleison tibau, 2) Edson Barboza, 3) Abel trujillo, 4) Danny Castillo and 5) Kevin Lee.
Not to mention the fighters you already mentioned RDA and Pettis.

So you lost that argument. And since you're trying to change the narrative by focusing on Khabib accomplishments, I can only assume you're aware of your ignorance.

Today's lessons from Ryeboi include:
1. Only nooblets try to use all time rankings to try and prove a point.
2. Only nooblets think Conor is an elite Lightweight. He and Pettis are both former LW champions, but Pettis defended his belt and Conor did not.
3. Khabib has clearly been the greatest LW for at least the past 4 years even without a belt. And Tony Ferguson was the real number 1 contender for the same time period. Dustin and Conor only cut the line b/c Tony and Khabib they were injured in champ camp.

You're welcome.
Oke great Tony fought "institutional LW's".
But where are the elite LW's he fought?
Only RDA was elite. Cowboy is institutional but not elite. And I don't care what he was ranked then.

Pettis? :D

Khabib Bless

Right so if everyone should be ranked lower than they are so who's actually top 5?

Also Ts talks about Tony not beating top fighters but who has Gaethje beat?

Also Kevin Lee is just as tough a fight as most of the guys listed.
Gaejhe, Conor and to a lesser extent Tony all blasted Cowboy like a top 5 should to a top 15.

Only RDA was elite. Cowboy is institutional but not elite. And I don't care what he was ranked then.

Khabib Bless
Agreed , Beebs is crushing top 5’s while Tony is crushing cans.

Pretty much. If you think anyone like GSP or Silva are better than khabib you are a hater apparently.
Shit be crazy yo
I have never mentioned Gsp or Silva in the same sentence with Khabib. Except now offcourse :D

I don't care about these dudes. One is retired and the other should retire.

I don't care about overall Goat.
I am only concerned with LW Goat.

Stay on topic instead of kissing eachother asses about stuff I have never said or implied :D

Khabib Bless

You always make me laugh. BTW when I said Tony has as much chance as Serra vs GSP you know I was referring to number 2, not their first fight.

Too late, I assumed you meant the first one and have you marked down as giving Tony roughly a 100% chance of winning.

Khabib Bless

You're not making any sense. If you're going to shit on pettis then you whole argument is flawed.

Pettis a true 155lber actually won his belt by beating the former 155lb champion ben henderson. And pettis actually defended his belt. If by your standards being the 2x champ isn't noteworthy, then conor and dustin are even less worthy b/c neither of them successfully defended the light weight belt. Conor is a 1 time light weight champ, dustin is a 1 time light weight champ and Pettis is a 2x light weight champ. 2 > 1. Therefore pettis > conor and Dustin.

Also Dustin didn't even have to beat a former 155 champion to win his interm belt. Instead Dustin fought the champ from the 145 weight class...but somehow that got him the 155 belt?

So if you shit on pettis then you shit on both conor and dustin.

Your logic is poop.

You're not making any sense. If you're going to shit on pettis then you whole argument is flawed.

Pettis a true 155lber actually won his belt by beating the former 155lb champion ben henderson. And pettis actually defended his belt. If by your standards being the 2x champ isn't noteworthy, then conor and dustin are even less worthy b/c neither of them successfully defended the light weight belt. Conor is a 1 time light weight champ, dustin is a 1 time light weight champ and Pettis is a 2x light weight champ. 2 > 1. Therefore pettis > conor and Dustin.

Also Dustin didn't even have to beat a former 155 champion to win his interm belt. Instead Dustin fought the champ from the 145 weight class...but somehow that got him the 155 belt?

So if you shit on pettis then you shit on both conor and dustin.

Your logic is poop.
Dustin > Max > Pettis

/End Thread

Khabib Bless

Let's have a serious discussion about Tony and top 5 contenders.

First Tony has fought only 2 top 5 guys.
RDA and cowboy.

RDA coming after a standing TKO loss to eddie and Cowboy after beating Iaquinta. ( Just noting the circumstances of those fights. Not making judgments)

Second Tony hasn't fought the following guys:
- Khabib
- Poirier
- Conrat
- Gaethje
- Alvarez (he is gone now)

These guys I have listed above have fought 2 or more people on that list.

- Khabib fought Conrat & Dp
- DP fought Khabib, Conrat, Gaethje & eddie
- Conrat fought Khabib, Dp & eddie
- Gaethje fought Dp, eddie
- eddie fought conrat, dp & gaethje

Now the problem with T-ferg is that the dude hasn't fought enough institutional or elite LW's

Yes pettis and cowboy are institutional 155ers but they are not elite Lw's. Or where not anymore by the time Tony fought them.

In conclusie if Tony beats Khabib by some miracle, it doesn't make him the LW Goat

Discuss

Khabib Bless

PS for all you "Eddie is lw Goat/Gomi is lw goat"lovers here is something for you :D

View attachment 723131

Cowboy isn’t a top 5 even if Sherdog says he is. So, Tony hasn’t beat a top 5 since the I phone 2 was invented.
They get it..

When was Dustin the interim champ or a Champ at LW? It appears you would be the one, not making any sense there.

Where have you been? You can always fact check by looking it up online. There's a great mma website called sherdog you can use to learn about mma.

Back