News Tom Aspinall vs Alexander Volkov set for UFC London main event, Mar. 19th

Who wins?

• Total voters
okay the hw wonderboy
he's The Dudley of the HW division.

dudley-jacket.gif

Should Tom have not accepted? For sure some idiots who dont even care about any of the fighters involved would just call him a duck. Just for the golly heck of it.

Volkov will beat him up. Way too big difference in cometition fro Aspinall

Volkov really looked bad in his last fight compared to his bout with Gane.

So depends on which Volkov shows up.

HW needs to move faster, title contention is crowded AF.

If someone put a gun to my mom’s head and told me to pick, I’d pick Volkov. He’s the much more proven fighter.

I’m picking with my dick tho.

If someone put a gun to my mom’s head and told me to pick, I’d pick Volkov. He’s the much more proven fighter.

I’m picking with my dick tho.
<mma4>

Reactions: JSN
Wow, that came from nowhere! You know what, this might be a bit too much too soon for Aspinall. I'm leaning Volkov here, but if Aspinall gets it done - we got a real new contender on our hands.

Also, Shamil is now fighting Pavlovich on this card. In other words, UFC will seeking a new opponent for Shamil by next week.

With the right gamelan and mindset, Aspinall will annihilate Volkov. Volkov is extremely vulnerable to boxers with fast hands, if Aspinall stays in boxing range and throw boxing combos, he should get it done.
But he could be timid and stay too far, which would be a mistake.

I think Tom could get this done. Might be wrong if the fight last a little longer though

Also, Shamil is now fighting Pavlovich on this card. In other words, UFC will seeking a new opponent for Shamil by next week.
There is like 5% chance that none of the 2 pulls out. I lost hope to see Pavlovich fight again.

There is like 5% chance that none of the 2 pulls out. I lost hope to see Pavlovich fight again.

Same here. Actually both will probably pull out. Shamil is a bastard for pulling out, himself.

WAR Aspinall

The guy was at Bispings Manchester gig in the crowd, down to earth taking 100's of pictures with fans

Much harder fight than Shamil Abdurakhimov who is so slow, he is beyond slow.. Tom would have looked great against him. Volkov is a much tougher fight and will test him.. Volkov by TKO in later rounds

Much harder fight than Shamil Abdurakhimov who is so slow, he is beyond slow.. Tom would have looked great against him. Volkov is a much tougher fight and will test him.. Volkov by TKO in later rounds

Yeah, I think Tom will have trouble with Volkov's reach and gas-tank. I can see Aspinall tiring by the title rounds and getting TKO'd, also.

Yeah, I think Tom will have trouble with Volkov's reach and gas-tank. I can see Aspinall tiring by the title rounds and getting TKO'd, also.
Agreed, Volkov has fought way better guys and has a very good record too, he only been finished with strikes once in UFC and that was the Black Beast fight and that punch would have laid anyone on the entire roster out cold. His chin is good.

I am surprised they changed the matchup because Shamil is still on the card, and he is a guy that would have made Tom look really good and like a star and build him up

Agreed, Volkov has fought way better guys and has a very good record too, he only been finished with strikes once in UFC and that was the Black Beast fight and that punch would have laid anyone on the entire roster out cold. His chin is good.

I am surprised they changed the matchup because Shamil is still on the card, and he is a guy that would have made Tom look really good and like a star and build him up

They were clearly struggling for a main event and no fucker is paying to see 40yr old Shamil in a main event.

Are we watching the same UFC? Volkov is fighting safe, he is slow and sloppy. Truth is he is washed at this point.
Aspinall is the future and he will not waste his opportunity like Giga. Guy is legit.

Tom via TKO round 2.

Back