News Tom Aspinall vs Alexander Volkov set for UFC London main event, Mar. 19th

Who wins?

• Total voters
I like it, good they aren't giving the main event to Till coming off two losses.

Think Aspinall takes it, but he is unproven in the later rounds. Really can't see him finishing Volkov in the first 1.5 rounds like he has everyone else.

Bold move

This.

I wonder why this is suddenly a main event, and why Aspinall is no longer able to climb the ranks more slowly?

Anyway, it's a fucking awesome fight.

Tom Aspinall UFC Run:

Jake Collier ----> Alan Baudot ----> Andrei Arlovski ----> Sergey Spivak ----> Volkov?

No one Aspinall has faced in the UFC is currently ranked.

Aspinall has only been out of the first round once in the past six years. I don't doubt he has the skills to put Volkov away early but if he does not this fight is not going to end well for him.

The UFC is doing him a huge disservice booking him in a 5 round fight against the second best technical striker in the division who went 5 rounds without issue two fights ago.

I don't see him beating Volk tho.

The buck stops here.
It's a big step up for Aspinall for sure. Volkov is a huge tall dude and quite serious.
Well...it's an *opportunity* for Tom, and i'm sure he'll take it very seriously. Sooner or later you gotta just in the deep end of the pool and see if you sink or swim.....

Big fucking test here. Holy shit!
Idk Volkov looked like shit last time around, but he's still had a decent performance against Gane and Overeem last year.
I can't choose right now, I am rooting for Aspinall though.

Back