To the people calling Usman an American or 'Marty'

Well people thaf follows wrestling knew him as Marty before the UFC.

Part of the fun about moving to north america is choosing your new western nane. My friend simon from corea had younger brother named jim not jin.

Ben also brought up the marty shit at a press event where he was on an elevated planform three aisles or so back of Kamd seat which was the first eow and ground level. All fighters were facing the press;

ben was talking absolute dog shit about something exciting and fun for newcomers and HAD to let everyone know this guy really aint one of us and he does not belong here. And last but not least ..
U talk shit to a person u dont text email or get someone to pass on a measage. U look them dead in the eye and say your piece; not to the back of someones head 4 rows back .i knew ben askren was one of the most unsolid flakey peoplebever saw in my life.

If he shaved his hair i would give him a aecond chance. Professional athletes should present an image opposite of bens : me can grow afro! Thats my identity. And its dripping with racial undertones is apparent.

And lastly he showed his good guy side with comments such as : i would need blessing of true friend t woodley before seeking WW title "

Sounds like ben is respectful? Not so fast

When u face someone from your school in the tournament bracket both competitors know who is better and who is going to win most of the time (excluding a NC from injury of course. And i dont care how good of a team mate they are u can can take an easy win if just destroy your opponent as fast asbpossible. I did it to my team mate even after we hungbout all afternoon before the tournament. I blasted her in record time and thenlook on her moms face was something that affected me and i was rightfully out of the tournament in my next bout.
I had it coming i thought the trophies were stupid looking and questioned wether i even wanted one after i had won an event. I walked home without abtrophy that day but i walkednout a bettor man than ben askeen could ever dream to be.​

He lived in Nigeria till the age of 13, so there is one big difference.
Plus his nickname doesntd feature the word Nigeria, nor does he fight under the Nigerian flag.
So dumb comparison

The Nigerian Nightmare? He came to the weigh ins with the Nigerian flag painted on his face.

That's one way some use it. But people of all races use the word and it doesn't have to be towards black people. Like you said it's slang so usually there's multiple meanings. But if you use it only to describe blacks then you shouldn't use it because that sounds racist. And if you aren't from that "environment" or talking to someone who isn't then you shouldn't say it. But I'm sure NO ONE one sherdog uses that word.
I certainly don't use it because I try to be respectful to everyone. But I also call myself stupid, and retarded when I screw up so my skin tends to be a bit thick to insults. People that get upset over words regardless of the intentions of the person who said them don't deserve my attention. or sympathy.

Marty is very likely a dual citizen, since he was born and raised until 13 in Nigeria.
different sources say he left at the age of 5 or at the age of 8, now its 13? the fuck is going on, is he even born in Nigeria?

I certainly don't use it because I try to be respectful to everyone. But I also call myself stupid, and retarded when I screw up so my skin tends to be a bit thick to insults. People that get upset over words regardless of the intentions of the person who said them don't deserve my attention. or sympathy.
It's not necessarily about words, but more about disrespect. You said it yourself, you don't use it because you want be respectful. Same reason I don't use it around people I'm new to or aren't close with. But yes many do use it as an excuse to he butthurt or fly off the handle.

Like I said I do use the word. I was taught not to as a kid. But I was also taught not to use curse words. The same people who taught me not to use those word used them themselves. And of course l was raised in the hood and went to school with kids who cursed all the time so I was eventually influenced I guess you could say. Anyone could he one in my book. The only reason I don't use it on Sherdog is because I'm afraid I'll get flagged. I'm gonna stop 1 day.

It's not necessarily about words, but more about disrespect. You said it yourself, you don't use it because you want be respectful. Same reason I don't use it around people I'm new to or aren't close with. But yes many do use it as an excuse to he butthurt or fly off the handle.

Like I said I do use the word. I was taught not to as a kid. But I was also taught not to use curse words. The same people who taught me not to use those word used them themselves. And of course l was raised in the hood and went to school with kids who cursed all the time so I was eventually influenced I guess you could say. Anyone could he one in my book. The only reason I don't use it on Sherdog is because I'm afraid I'll get flagged. I'm gonna stop 1 day.
My dad was a carpenter so cursing is in my blood. I think in curseive lol

Back