To the people calling Usman an American or 'Marty'

Damn straight, that would be like trying to travel with a Vietnamese, Thai, Philippines passport. If you think I'm racist to keep it real think almost any African passport as well. If you want to blame someone blame our 1st world countries visa laws and the trends with 3rd world countries entering 1st world countries like Australia, NZ, the UK and 2nd world countries like America.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018...ll-on-run-as-visas-expire/9759388?pfmredir=sm
Sorry, I didn’t mean for Australia to cause such trouble.

Hell, my parents are even migrants to Australia!

Sorry, I didn’t mean for Australia to cause such trouble.

Hell, my parents are even migrants to Australia!

Don't be sorry most of us are arse clowns but at least we're higher up the ladder then Kiwis....

Where from and to?

Don't be sorry most of us are arse clowns but at least we're higher up the ladder then Kiwis....

Where from and to?
My parents came from Sri Lanka in the 70s to Australia.

You?

My parents came from Sri Lanka in the 70s to Australia.

You?

I try to stay a bum and keep to the tradition of alcoholism.

The best Airbnb I've ever had was in Perth, with a Sri Lankan family. His daughters(children) were musical prodigies, used to wake up listening to classical piano being practised, awesome experience. Was supposed to visit Sri Lanka with them a couple of times but life stopped it.

I try to stay a bum and keep to the tradition of alcoholism.

The best Airbnb I've ever had was in Perth, with a Sri Lankan family. His daughters(children) were musical prodigies, used to wake up listening to classical piano being practised, awesome experience. Was supposed to visit Sri Lanka with them a couple of times but life stopped it.
Oh read hot. Get out to Sri Lanka ASAP! After the war ended the country has improved so much, the government stopped pumping money into the Sinhala army and got to finally put funding into infrastructure and tourism and education and all that jive.

Lmao at the music. My parents got me and my sis to play violin when young, and I tried sax but sucked. Felt bad giving that up in 4 years.

I dont think literally means what you think it means.
Nigrum in Latin and in Spanish Negro is the word for black.... not :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

But again thanks for playing.
Isn't that splitting hairs a bit too fine? But I will concede the point as far as ultimate accuracy goes.

Oh read hot. Get out to Sri Lanka ASAP! After the war ended the country has improved so much, the government stopped pumping money into the Sinhala army and got to finally put funding into infrastructure and tourism and education and all that jive.

Lmao at the music. My parents got me and my sis to play violin when young, and I tried sax but sucked. Felt bad giving that up in 4 years.

It was a Christian household and almost had me doubting my beliefs or lack there of. Left me wondering if this is how normal people/lives thrive.
You should have listened to your parents mate as we're all the same but they have 20/30 years of experience, joys and regrets on you.

I think it was Colombo but its late and I'm old and tired so good night. If you don't mind pm me if you have any good ideas on where to go what to see when I visit.

Just because trolling and treating people poorly is in style doesn't mean you have to participate.
Just some advice for the young pups in here.

Im latino and i know people that were born in the us or arrived at a very young age yet they speak flawless spanish(flawless english too), love latin food and follow many traditions that come from their homeland. Might be the parents, family who lived most of their lives in their homeland, a neighborhood with people from the same country, etc but it happens.

No it isn't

It's pretty much slang for Negro. Weather or not someone sees it as an insult is on them. Emotional connotation doesn't change the maeaning of a word, or it's intended use upon creation.

As an immigrant or child of an immigrant you sometimes feel an extreme pressure to fit in with the "natives." So you might adopt certain things to make life easier for yourself..as a young man comes into his own, and as he learns more about himself, it's not surprising that he wants to embrace the culture him and his people came from. So maybe for him there is some shame that he let himself go around as "Marty" for so long. Now he wants to be known as Kamaru, I really don't think it's a big deal but I understand why a lot of people just don't get it..

It's pretty much slang for Negro. Weather or not someone sees it as an insult is on them. Emotional connotation doesn't change the maeaning of a word, or it's intended use upon creation.
That's one way some use it. But people of all races use the word and it doesn't have to be towards black people. Like you said it's slang so usually there's multiple meanings. But if you use it only to describe blacks then you shouldn't use it because that sounds racist. And if you aren't from that "environment" or talking to someone who isn't then you shouldn't say it. But I'm sure NO ONE one sherdog uses that word.

Back