To Everyone Saying Jones is Cherrypicking Stipe

From Jonnys perspective Stipe makes all the sense in the world. Nobody is gonna remember Stipe was 200 years old when they look at his resume in the future.

And sure, Aspinall could turn out to be the GOATiest GOAT to ever GOAT, or he could possibly beat Jones and then get KOd 3 times in a row and never look good again and then Jones career will always have the "but he lost to that bum"

Yeah, but there will always be people who will tell what happened and it will be incorporated in actual (YT) documentaries. This whole people will only look at the names on his resume only goes for the most casual of casuals, actual fans of the sport will always know the narrative around it if they have put in the least amount of effort to educate themselves.

Bro Blades is so overrated it’s not even funny, the guys got 4 KO or TKO losses against elite competition, lol zero chance against Jones. Shouldn’t matter to you anyways you must have big bags of money betting on Jones over Gane since you knew it all.
Jon isn't going to KO blades. Only the hardest hitters can take Blades out and Jon damn sure isn't one of them. In fact Jon would never fight the guys that KO'd Blades. We already saw how scared Jon was of Ngannou and delayed his HW debut until Ngannou left. And now only wants to fight a retired Stipe. Jon is a fuckin duck of the highest order. And Jon argubly lost his last 4 fights at LHW but he supposed to move up to HW and easily dismantle the elite there? LMAO If Gane had any TDD whatsoever, Jon would have lost and retired with his tail tucked between his booty lips.

I wish the established names who Jon fought early in his career ducked him like how he's ducking Tom

He’s cherry picking his retirement the way he wants it. He’s done enough to secure s legacy. There’s more money in the Stipe fight but I’m more interested in the Aspinall fight.

Jones Resume (27-1):
Ryan Bader
Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Rashad
Belfort
Sonnen
Gustaffson x 2
Glover
Cormier
Gane

Aspinalls Resume (14-3):
Arlovski
Volkov
Pavlovich

Aspinall fans need to sit the fuck down and bow to the legend. There's levels to this shit, and Tom just isn't on Jons level yet.

Jones Resume (27-1):
Ryan Bader
Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Rashad
Belfort
Sonnen
Gustaffson x 2
Glover
Cormier
Gane

Aspinalls Resume (14-3):
Arlovski
Volkov
Pavlovich

Aspinall fans need to sit the fuck down and bow to the legend. There's levels to this shit, and Tom just isn't on Jons level yet.

What is he supposed to do? The only real names in the division right now are Jones and Stipe, but neither of them want to fight him because he doesn't have enough names on his record.

What is he supposed to do? The only real names in the division right now are Jones and Stipe, but neither of them want to fight him because he doesn't have enough names on his record.
He can wait in line. Or he should fight Gane and try to win more impressively than Jon. Then maybe people will care.

Jones fought killers his whole career.

He is obviously cherry picking an easy fight for his retirement fight.

He does deserve a give me fight. Which is what this is.

Stipe is the goat ufc hw

Tom is the flavor of the month fake intirim champ.

I don't know what the confusion is. It's an easy choice for Jones looking for a legacy fight.

He’s cherry picking his retirement the way he wants it. He’s done enough to secure s legacy. There’s more money in the Stipe fight but I’m more interested in the Aspinall fight.

I think Aspinall is the bigger money fight. He’s younger, more charismatic and draws the UK audience. Stipe was never a major draw and he’s going on 3 years of inactivity now.

I think Aspinall is the bigger money fight. He’s younger, more charismatic and draws the UK audience. Stipe was never a major draw and he’s going on 3 years of inactivity now.
But stipe has the Taf of best heavyweight in ufc history and Jones wants that to underline his legacy.

Jones Resume (27-1):
Ryan Bader
Shogun
Rampage
Machida
Rashad
Belfort
Sonnen
Gustaffson x 2
Glover
Cormier
Gane

Aspinalls Resume (14-3):
Arlovski
Volkov
Pavlovich

Purely on resume sure, but hard to say Aspinall isn't the #1 contender and Jones has the belt

He can wait in line. Or he should fight Gane and try to win more impressively than Jon. Then maybe people will care.

People seem to already care which is why it keeps getting addressed.

Regardless, I have zero problem with Jones wanting Stipe for a legacy fight. Just make him drop the belt so the rightful contenders have a chance to make some money and a name for themselves.

Does anyone on earth care if Jones v Stipe is for a belt that neither of them have shown any interest in defending again?

Back