Crime TN police officer ambushed in vehicle, K9 partner killed in attack.

that's unusual. Normally its the Man killing a civvies dog.

How do you say all dogs matter and complain about police shooting dogs but have no problem with some asshole executing a police dog?

I care about police dogs as much as police cared about my neighbor's dog when they shot it. It's interesting how it's only personal property in the courts and to police until you train it to sniff drugs and bite people.

I'm not going to pretend like I care more about police dogs than other dogs. Police dogs getting killed should be treated as destruction of property, not murder.

I care about police dogs as much as police cared about my neighbor's dog when they shot it. It's interesting how it's only personal property in the courts and to police until you train it to sniff drugs and bite people.

I'm not going to pretend like I care more about police dogs than other dogs. Police dogs getting killed should be treated as destruction of property, not murder.

I have said my piece many times on my he shooting of dogs. I find that it is very rarely a necessary action. I used a taser and pepper spray to stop two Rottweilers from mauling an old woman. Then they turned on me and I pepper sprayed the fuck out of them. I have been bitten 4 times while working and never even pulled any tools. So in that regard, that is something I will very rarely justify as it pertains to police work. If there is known history that the dog has attacked, that adds a wrinkle, but mostly I think it is the police playing what I like to call the “what if” game where the officer says to himself “if I don’t do something, a child could be hurt or killed.” That applies to all of police actions though. You can’t get caught up in the what if game. I don’t look at dogs and cats as property, but members of a family. Members that should be trained a kept secured. Many of the dogs that are shot are out and about biting people or being aggressive. Not always the case as some sickening videos exist that I refuse to watch.

Murder for a police dog has always seemed silly to me, but it has it’s roots as to why the law was made. Certain communities hated the dogs so much that they put hits out on them-so to dissuade attempts, they made it murder. They could just make it a felony with five years to get a similar effect without giving a k9 the same status as another officer.

But straight up, this guy was a piece of shit and based on what he did and his actions afterward, the world is a safer place without him.

There are two things that I have argued for police departments and in particular my department to address immediately. The first being dogs and how to deal with them. They would not let me hold a training class
On dogs snd when they are a threat and what to do about it. I put together the class, had a guest speaker to talk about dog behavior and developed a plan to safely keep dogs at bay using pepper spray, tasers, and fire extinguishers.

And I fought for a grant to supply every cruiser with a ballistic shield and an extra long baton to deal with lsibjects with knives. I was struck down. So I used my platform as a defensive tactics instructor to teach knife defense and focused on barriers, less lethal options, etc. shut down again

Back