Crime TN police officer ambushed in vehicle, K9 partner killed in attack.

Even more sniffing out/detecting bombs and other explosives?

Or detecting narcotics?

Nope. Drug dogs are particularly egregious because they're often taught to alert on command, and cops use that to illegally search vehicles. It's the dog version of "I smell weed". Luckily, Virginia just took away the ability for cops to say "I smell weed" as an automatic "probable cause" to search vehicles.

But, just as a general rule, I don't agree with animals being used as tools.

Nope. Drug dogs are particularly egregious because they're often taught to alert on command, and cops use that to illegally search vehicles. It's the dog version of "I smell weed". Luckily, Virginia just took away the ability for cops to say "I smell weed" as an automatic "probable cause" to search vehicles.

You must have a big time problem with the Amish then. They still use oxen and horses for beasts of burden

You must have a big time problem with the Amish then. They still use oxen and horses for beasts of burden

Well yeah, I think choosing to live in a manner that requires you abuse and exploit animals is wrong.

Working as intended. Keeps working eye off the ball. And yes police are working class too so they are expendable to TPTB.
Untrue, the cops are in the hierarchy. Their fraternal connections control many courts.

That being said you are partially correct. TPTB are expendable to the TPTB, they're a bunch of backstabbing psychopaths.

You can eat the fruits of the plant without killing the whole. It's an interesting read, but do plants have consciousness? Some religions have thought so. Some cultures believed even the rocks have it. At a certain point though it becomes a matter of survival and you don't need to eat animals to survive. Jains have an interesting take on things.

"Jains only accept such violence in as much as it is indispensable for human survival, and there are special instructions for preventing unnecessary violence against plants. Strict Jains do not eat root vegetables such as potatoes, onions, roots and tubers as they are considered ananthkay."

"Jain vegetarianism is practiced by the followers of Jain culture and philosophy. It is one of the most rigorous forms of spiritually motivated diet on the Indian subcontinent and beyond. The Jain cuisine is completely lacto vegetarian and also excludes underground vegetables such as potato, garlic, onion etc, to prevent injuring small insects and microorganisms; and also to prevent the entire plant getting uprooted and killed. It is practised by Jain ascetics and lay Jains."

You can eat the fruits of the plant without killing the whole. It's an interesting read, but do plants have consciousness? Some religions have thought so. Some cultures believed even the rocks have it. At a certain point though it becomes a matter of survival and you don't need to eat animals to survive. Jains have an interesting take on things.

"Jains only accept such violence in as much as it is indispensable for human survival, and there are special instructions for preventing unnecessary violence against plants. Strict Jains do not eat root vegetables such as potatoes, onions, roots and tubers as they are considered ananthkay."

"Jain vegetarianism is practiced by the followers of Jain culture and philosophy. It is one of the most rigorous forms of spiritually motivated diet on the Indian subcontinent and beyond. The Jain cuisine is completely lacto vegetarian and also excludes underground vegetables such as potato, garlic, onion etc, to prevent injuring small insects and microorganisms; and also to prevent the entire plant getting uprooted and killed. It is practised by Jain ascetics and lay Jains."
Just like you can eat chicken eggs guilt free.

Some cultures absolutely had to, and even still must eat animals to survive. Inuits, steppe people and everywhere agriculture isn't an option.

I'm ignorant of Jainism so thanks for that tidbit.

Fascinating...thanks for this info

I own a retired detection dog. "Alerting" on a positive hit is piss poor training.

Yea I understand some departments don't allow it. In this case after shooting his dog and at him i would say the case to defend it would be very strong.

I hope the fuck head was gut shot and bleed out internally in horrible pain.

he shot himself, so probably went quick. No justice,
No peace
Don’t shoot at police

Fuck that dog. They turn those poor dogs into monsters. I use to have a bjj coach who was a k-9 cop. His favorite class story time was to tell us about all the times he watched his dog rip people to shreds. He thought it was hilarious. Like this funniest thing in the world.
To pull up to a cop and murder his dog is fucked up. But that wasn’t just a dog anymore it was a dangerous animal,

And yeah, cops do kill countless innocent dogs all the time just for barking. So fuck the shooter, fuck that dog, fuck that community, and fuck that cop

You’re an idiot. It’s ok because the dog was a police dog and they are monsters, as well as police shooting dogs. You’re the second moron that brought that up, which i knew would happen because you’re predictable.

Basing your opinion on one cop at the gym is also idiotic. I have been around dozens of police dogs, working with them, and only one was a “monster.” The rest were normal dogs with lots of training. When they are given the order to attack, it is not malice, but training and it is like playtime for them.

And yep, too many dogs are shot by police. It’s one knock on police that I won’t defend because I have dealt with dozens of vicious dogs and have managed to never shoot any. Pepper spray and taser has always been enough for me.

I recall a similar case years ago when a perp wounded a K9 officer and murdered his dog in Florida. The local Sheriff's department SWAT team found the shit-bag hiding in some woods. The ME stopped counting his gunshot wounds at 70.

When the Sheriff was asked if he thought the force his SWAT team had used was excessive, he replied,

"Hell no! In fact the only reason we didn't shoot him more times was we had to stop and reload!"

70? damn. I’ll allow it

I mean... Am I supposed to really care that their dog got shot? I think I'll care as much as they do when they shoot a citizen's dog. All dogs matter.

How do you say all dogs matter and complain about police shooting dogs but have no problem with some asshole executing a police dog?

Wow... This may be the most douchebag post I've seen in these forums.

It’s douchey all right, but it does not score as high as you think it does. Why? Because no one has ever heard of this idiot. He’s a nobody

Can they be trained to alert on command? Yes, absolutely. Are they? Nope.

I dont think people hate the cops anymore. Covid has taken center stage again.

Also anyone who eats meat can't really say much here.
200.gif

RIP to the snitch doggo

Can they be trained to alert on command? Yes, absolutely. Are they? Nope.
lol I like how you come on here and speak for cops all over the country. Dude you might be a good cop at a good precinct in a good town but chances are you dk shit about what else goes on and what cops are doing in other states / cities. When I was 23 my gf called the cops because me and a friend got in a fight outside our house. Louisville PD showed up and arrested me for trespassing (on my own property) drew and pointed his gun at me and told me if I fought back I was dead then let his rookie take a few swings at me. You dk shit about what goes on in other places or other cops mentalities or workplace cultures.
“Dogs aren’t trained to alert in command to scapegoat illegal searches on vehicles”
You’re either willfully ignorant or just STUPID.

Back