Media TKZ Speaks: Talks about Ortega loss, changing camps, future plans, message to Sherbros, etc.

Let’s take a moment to appreciate how cool and respectable KZ is. We are dealing with Costa & guys like Wilder constantly making excuses for their losses. KZ gives Ortega props and says the only reason why he lost is because Brian is better. He even vows to increase his skills. I love it.

The spinning elbow made all the difference in the world. I still believe he may have fought Brian on a different night and it might be a different story. He got caught. It happens. It is what it is.
Yeah I get that for sure and he's lucky he didn't get hit with the actual bone of the elbow ( I think he get hit with triceps)

I wish he had commented on the crowd not being there and how it was fighting like that for the first time He seems like a fighter that feeds off of live approval Did I miss that or do you know ?

The spinning elbow made all the difference in the world. I still believe he may have fought Brian on a different night and it might be a different story. He got caught. It happens. It is what it is.
Ortega was just so unstoppable...Totally unpredictable He had some weird capoeira rhythm to boot

and did you notice how bad Kz looked on the attack? His kicking game isnt that great and he telegraphed everything up top He showed that he's true counterpuncher

the disparity in skill level was totally apparent I think he loses 10/10 honestly to Ortega if nothing changes

Thanks for posting and the cliffs TS. Didn’t expect any excuses from KZ, I really like this guy.

Yeah I get that for sure and he's lucky he didn't get hit with the actual bone of the elbow ( I think he get hit with triceps)

I wish he had commented on the crowd not being there and how it was fighting like that for the first time He seems like a fighter that feeds off of live approval Did I miss that or do you know ?

Brian just had KZ's number. He mentioned that he studied every KZ's fight very meticulously. He already knows what he's gonna do at the very start whereas KZ said that Eddie Cha wanted him to just feel out the 1st round coz they really don't know what to expect from Brian after almost 2 years of being out. Brian got to him and imposed his will first, and KZ became tentative and resorted to what worked best for him in the past, which is head hunt and go for the KO. Maybe he trained to counterpunch mainly for one stance but Brian showed different looks.

Also maybe the pressure got to him having 2 fights and 2 training camps already since Brian last fought, the Jay Park drama thing which he admitted that really stressed him out and vowed to never trash talk again, the money he spent for this camp and all this covid thing that affected his training, the stakes that it is for the title shot, and the fact he's 33 and it's a must win coz this might be his last run for a championship. All this prolly added up that it seemed he can't afford to lose this fight, and that pressure might have affected him.

But yeah, he is honest to himself and still didn't made excuses. It just showed that he really isn't ready yet for a title fight. I think it doesn't have to do with the crowd or very little. I think it's the pressure that he hasn't experienced before in his career that got the best of him. We can only hope for a resurgence, which is not new from him. He showed he can come back from a setback.

Back