Tj was hit with too many clean power shots in too short a time , the referee had to step in

It probably wouldn’t have changed the outcome but I think they should have given them a few more seconds, seemed like dillashaw was still in it

Cejudo is a fucking Olympic gold medalist. You think that he's going to get taken down by a guy on queer street flailing with his arm?

If the ref hadn't have stepped in, Cejudo would have had TJ's back.

The last couple of shots in that sequence missed, but he'd already been hit hard and dropped multiple times. The ref made the decision to step in after the last KD.
Exactly. All of these delusional TJ fans actually believe that he would have taken Cejduo down while being rocked.

TJ wasn't taking Cejudo down at 100%, let alone when he's seconds away from being finished.

It probably wouldn’t have changed the outcome but I think they should have given them a few more seconds
TJ's fans needed to see his head bounced off the canvas at least 3-4 times, while the rest of his body is limp, to be sure that he was done.

Even if his arm is still twitching, he could have still won the fight!!

TJ was hurt, but it was early. We literally saw him survive worse against Cody.

TJ went into this fight thinking that he could not lose.

His arrogance cost him and he was embarrassed in half a minute.

There was another flash knockdown that happened in between those two GIFs. He got dropped four times counting the push in the opening 30.

Was it over? TJ was scrambling for a single leg and bounced up immediately.....so, it really was not over.
Did you watch the after the stoppage, TJ was wobbly. Cody had better legs after his 2nd loss.

But he wasn't unconscious and he was attempting to get a better position while being tagged.

It was an early stoppage but Cejudo was beating TJ up. An immediate rematch makes the most sense.

TJ went into this fight thinking that he could not lose.

His arrogance cost him and he was embarrassed in half a minute.
Exactly, he even said multiple lines, like; I'm being paid to kill off the division, I'm an assassin, beating Henry kills the division etc. Never did it occurred to him that he might lose.

Let’s be real it’s an early stop, but he should have never let himself get in that position. But come on Glover went fucking flop . It’s a super fight have to let the champ try and advance position . He seemed way to clear of mind afterwards too .

Exactly. All of these delusional TJ fans actually believe that he would have taken Cejduo down while being rocked.

TJ wasn't taking Cejudo down at 100%, let alone when he's seconds away from being finished.

What I hate most about these stoppage arguments is when people act like the position that the fighters were in at the moment of the stoppage was part of the natural flow of the fight.

You could barely call that a single leg attempt with the ref's intervention. If the ref hadn't stepped in, there's no way that position would have been held.

and he was dropped like 4 times in 20 seconds. "mma is safer than boxing"

Cejudo is a fucking Olympic gold medalist. You think that he's going to get taken down by a guy on queer street flailing with his arm?

The last couple of shots in that sequence missed, but he'd already been hit hard and dropped multiple times. The ref made the decision to step in after the last KD.

Cejudo being a “fucking Olympic gold medalist” literally has nothing to do with a fight being stopped during a scramble

No one said TJ was about to get him down the point is he was still fighting

You can clearly see tj flop and limp. Cejudo was clearly in position to keep hitting him.

Tjs so called "single leg" is clearly nothing more than a punch-drunk reflex.

Good stoppage. People are just salty.

Goggle Cheick Kongo vs Pat Barry my friend

Seeing someone “flop and limp” and the other person being in position to keep hitting them does not mean the fight is over

What I hate most about these stoppage arguments is when people act like the position that the fighters were in at the moment of the stoppage was part of the natural flow of the fight.

You could barely call that a single leg attempt with the ref's intervention. If the ref hadn't stepped in, there's no way that position would have been held.

What do you mean by “natural flow of the fight” ???

I don’t think anyone thought TJ was about to get him down the point is he was still fighting

Cejudo being a “fucking Olympic gold medalist” literally has nothing to do with a fight being stopped during a scramble

No one said TJ was about to get him down the point is he was still fighting
it wasn't stopped during a scramble cejudo had circled around and was scrambling tj's brain

Early stoppage for me. He was hurt badly but moving for a single left which is intelligent defence.
The fight deserved a more decisive finish than that.

Did you watch the after the stoppage, TJ was wobbly. Cody had better legs after his 2nd loss.

Yes, he was rocked, but is it OK to stop championship when someone gets rocked? I have seen guys comeback from worse and win many times. Lando had Tony Ferguson rocked........

TJ got up once actually, by taking a leg IIRC.

Back