TJ is by far #1 P4P and its not even close

If he was black, Brazilian or asian you wouldn't be saying that.

Hell no he isn't.

kgpgrfeqgaakhms47fki.jpg

#1 P4P!!!!!!!!

lmao
What does this show? That DC lost a fight? Tj isn't undefeated himself.
Losing to Jones >>>>>>>>>>> getting tko'd by Dodson.

Interesting. I actually picked Garbrandt to win again in the rematch, and I think he has clearly demonstrated the better boxing skills in the past between the two. I'll have a look either tonight or tomorrow morning. My picks were garbage tonight in boxing and MMA. Thank God I chose not to put any money on anything this weekend.

@ me if you post your thoughts on the fights

DJ, but I was rooting for him.

Once the early rounds we're close, I was preparing for odd score cards. I was expecting Henry to get the nod on close early rounds.

But to the judges' credit, the score cards were not all over the place.

I'm not gonna bitch about the scores. Rematch should happen imo

Yeah, as a Johnson fan I was actually fairly apprehensive about this rematch as I think it's clear Cejudo has made some considerable strides as a fighter. An athlete of his pedigree was always likely to improve a ton over a short period of time, and he doesn't match up too badly with Johnson, all things considered. Seems like it was a drawish fight. A rematch should be in order, especially seeing as Dillashaw has very deserving contenders at BW.

What does this show? That DC lost a fight? Tj isn't undefeated himself.
Losing to Jones >>>>>>>>>>> getting tko'd by Dodson.

except this fight was literally 2 fights ago

Dodson fight was a year into his career pre Bang

you cant be #1 P4P when u were limp and crying literally 2 fights ago

DJ is the only one with an argument over TJ.

Using the Dodson and Assuncao fights are disingenuous at best tho. The majority scored the 1st Assuncao fight for TJ and he shut him out the rematch. The Cruz fight was basically split

Dodson beat him 7 years ago when he was literally 1 year into his MMA career and hadnt met Bang. Using that fight for P4P not is beyond retarded. Might as well use Brad Pickett shutting out Demetrious too lmao get real
Nobody is being retarded as you say, except for maybe you dismissing DC from the discussion, dominating 2 divisions, & DC has fought more as well.

Nobody is being retarded as you say, except for maybe you dismissing DC from the discussion, dominating 2 divisions, & DC has fought more as well.

DC is in the discussion. Its hard to call someone the P4P best when he was limp and crying 2 fights ago tho

except this fight was literally 2 fights ago

Dodson fight was a year into his career pre Bang

you cant be #1 P4P when u were limp and crying literally 2 fights ago
Evidently you can be, because DC literally is ranked #1 p4p haha. The definition of p4p is ability that translates weight classes, and DC is the two division champion, coming off a win over the p4p#2 ranked Stipe. TJ is on a good run of good fighters in his own division.

@SuperNerd @ExitLUPin

Just watched Johnson/Cejudo. I thought there might have been some holes in Johnson's gameplan going in, but really, aside from the fact that he tips his hat and throws wide too much for a guy with his speed (the straight right hand duck under was there all night, especially with the way Cejudo was countering), I couldn't find too much wrong with his approach. It just so happens that Cejudo is a damn good fighter. Aside from the fact that he has a limited top game for such a great wrestler, it's hard to find any weakness, whatsoever, in his game. I struggle to actually award Cejudo that 5th round, and I see the fight for Johnson, but it was close enough that there can be no massive complaints. I thought that Johnson, for the first time that I've ever seen at least, looked genuinely hesitant going into the 5th. He largely abandoned his low-kicks for fear of getting taken down in the 5th, and he looked more worried about losing as opposed to being keen to win (as Cejudo certainly was).

Genuinely fun fight which is a bit of a surprise considering that neither man visibly hurt the other aside from Johnson's low-kicks early in the fight. One of the better displays in MMA history with regards to some of the grappling interchanges. Can't see why anyone would have an issue with a rubber match. I was thinking the other day that a loss and a real rivalry could actually bolster Johnson's career, and this might just be the fight to do it. Put the rematch in LA again (I'd love to see a Stub Hub MMA card filled with lighter weight fighters, but that's likely a pipedream) and get the Chicano fanbase out.

Last edited:
I'll take a look at Garbrandt/Dillashaw, now.

lol, @SuperNerd @ExitLUPin

Man, what an infuriating fight to watch. I was far less invested in this fight than the previous one, but really, Garbrandt is infuriating. He reminds me of Amir Khan to a large extent. A guy who has some real boxing skill, but has completely fallen in love with hand speed (in Garbrandt's case, it's hand speed and power), and has never seen an exchange he doesn't love. He has the same defensive issues in flurries as Amir has, as well. What in the fuck was he doing loading up on the right hand like that when he had Dillashaw slightly hurt? Really, man? He's a guy with genuine power in both hands and blinding hand speed, and he chooses to completely load up on telegraphed right hands with his chin sky high in the air against a genuinely dangerous fighter who isn't really even that hurt. Craziness, man.

He needs to hook up with a real boxing coach who will give him shit for his dumb tendencies, because he's way too talented to be making such mistakes. Honestly, he's one of the more talented guys I've ever seen in the sport. At the end of the day, though, full credit to Dillashaw. He's smarter, more durable, and has more dog in him than Garbrandt. He earned those wins, and has a real argument for being the top guy in the sport at the moment.

TJ looked about as good at GSP did against frank trigg.

Dude looked incredible tonight.

Yeah, and he still was standing. TJ is a beast and he couldn't put Cody down after a shitload of flush punches and a massive knee. How many fighters would still be standing after that onslaught by TJ?

Probably anyone not named Barao, Soto or Garbrandt.

Back