TJ Dillashaw's Suspension: Why EPO Is Such A Disgraceful Banned Substance For An MMA Fighter

With you, responding to the point is futile because you'll continually move the goal posts and spew nonsense when proven wrong.

Say I'm wrong, but your post to like ratio shows you're a shit poster.
#frankie

Why don’t you just ignore me then?

Lol at post to likes. They didn’t have likes when I joined. For many years.

You’ve never proved me wrong. You stopped trying and now just post pad with nothing to say. Well done.

#frankie

Why don’t you just ignore me then?

Lol at post to likes. They didn’t have likes when I joined. For many years.

You’ve never proved me wrong. You stopped trying and now just post pad with nothing to say. Well done.

False^^^ I have proved you wrong when you stated multiple times that Rodchenkov stated his "prior study is invalid". I asked you to provide a source showing where he stated that, and you couldn't. Instead, you moved the goal posts for the nth time.

Sonnen popped for EPO and look now. Ppl forgot and still love him. Hes headlining bellator in a few weeks.
Tj will be fine...hes got the disney ufc wme machine behind him when he comes back.

False^^^ I have proved you wrong when you stated multiple times that Rodchenkov stated his "prior study is invalid". I asked you to provide a source showing where he stated that, and you couldn't. Instead, you moved the goal posts for the nth time.
You said his study provides scientific proof that m3 is only detectable for 50 days. I said even the author disagreed and provided his quote that it is detectable for 6 months or more. And you don’t see this as him contradicting your point. I also pointed out that the study used older detection methods and pointed out that Mir’s detection window increased because the new test detected what the old test couldn’t. And again you refuse to accept that this in itself makes the study invalid. You ignore anything that isn’t a direct quote saying its invalid when the quote directly contradicts any notion that the study proves the detection window is only 50 days which was what you were trying to argue.

So stop following me around making useless posts and either address what I say or stop responding to me with nothing.

Who gives a fuck. Let them all take all the juice the want until they grow gills. I just want to see them bleed.

Jon jones gas station dick pills were basically the same as EPO but they only affected his cock

You said his study provides scientific proof that m3 is only detectable for 50 days. I said even the author disagreed and provided his quote that it is detectable for 6 months or more. And you don’t see this as him contradicting your point. I also pointed out that the study used older detection methods and pointed out that Mir’s detection window increased because the new test detected what the old test couldn’t. And again you refuse to accept that this in itself makes the study invalid. You ignore anything that isn’t a direct quote saying its invalid when the quote directly contradicts any notion that the study proves the detection window is only 50 days which was what you were trying to argue.

So stop following me around making useless posts and either address what I say or stop responding to me with nothing.

Because you stated that he himself said "his study is invalid", which isn't true. I asked for a source and then the conversation could continue, but you have yet to provide one. So once again, keep moving those goal posts!

All banned substance violations in combat sports are not created equally. Too often a blanket is thrown over every mixed martial artist who tests positive, and that’s an example of widespread ignorance when it comes to doping. All that said, TJ Dillashaw’s recent dirty urine sample is pretty indefensible.

The 33-year-old former UFC Bantamweight Champion was suspended two years by USADA on Tuesday after he submitted a dirty urine sample ahead of his bout on January 19 against UFC Flyweight Champion Henry Cejudo. Dillashaw was attempting to become the third fighter in UFC history to hold titles in two different divisions simultaneously.

It didn’t work out. Cejudo knocked Dillashaw out in the first round. To make matters worse, Dillashaw popped for recombinant human erythropoietin (rHuEPO) aka EPO. This is widely regarded as one of the worst drugs an MMA fighter can test positive for–in the spirit of fair competition.

Here is USADA’s brief explanation of the drug, and what it does to benefit athletes. The synthetic hormone is used to stimulate the body’s production of red blood cells. It increases oxygen transport and aerobic power in the body. It is classified with Peptide Hormones, Growth Factors, Related Substances, and Mimetics.

To offer further perspective, take a look at a more detailed breakdown from the BBC, which was posted back in 2006:

What is it?

• Erythropoietin (EPO) is a hormone naturally produced by the kidneys.
  • However, this hormone can be artificially produced to improve the performance of, for example, athletes or cyclists by injection.
Why would athletes do this?

• Its overall effect is to increase endurance and, in athletics, it is used mainly by long-distance runners.
  • It is injected under the skin and stimulates red blood cell production.
  • The more red cells there are in your body, the more oxygen that can be delivered to the muscles.
  • This delays the onset of fatigue, meaning an athlete can run harder and for longer.
How effective is this drug?

• Tests in Australia have shown that improvements in an athlete’s performance over four weeks would match those expected over several years.
Is its use detectable?

• It cannot be traced by conventional drug testing.

• New methods have been developed in France where the results of blood sample analysis and urine analysis are compared.

• These techniques were introduced ahead of the Sydney Olympics last year, although no positive tests were announced.

• The blood test will show if there is an unusual reading of blood cells.

• The following urine test will then be able to highlight any difference between the EPO levels produced naturally and synthetically.
This explains why Dillashaw has been raked over the coals in the early aftermath of the announcement. Rival and former teammate Cody Garbrandt accused Dillashaw of using EPO a year ago. His accusations and MMA media reaction don’t paint a picture of optimism for the former champion who will be 35 before he’s eligible to return to the sport–if he’s welcomed back into competition.

This is pretty damning.

“It’s not a substance you find in contaminated supplements, it’s injectable only. You have to know what you’re doing when it enters your system.” – @JeffNovitzkyUFC to @bokamotoESPN on TJ Dillashaw using EPO.https://t.co/0OH5TJrDy2

— Greg Rosenstein (@grosenstein) April 9, 2019

When your gas tank and volume of offense are your biggest weapons, EPO is indeed a legacy killer. This is far worse than any asterisks you can put beside Jon Jones name IMO https://t.co/2iMkDe8RcR

— Anthony Walker (@AntWalkerMMA) April 9, 2019

I mean, T.J. Dillashaw kept insisting he could drop another ten pounds without his performance suffering as a result. And now he’s been popped for EPO. That’s some walking like a duck, talking like a duck stuff right there. https://t.co/odTNwgg10E

— Ben Fowlkes (@benfowlkesMMA) April 9, 2019

EPO … for a guy who relied on pushing the pace and won key fights late and in brutal fashion this is unforgivable. https://t.co/it1yHkmhCN

— Josh Gross (@yay_yee) April 9, 2019

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...eful-banned-substance-for-an-mma-fighter/amp/

I feel bad for Renan Barao. This guy's career was ruined by a cheater

A good friend who used EPO a lot in cycling (bikes, not steroids), said that is gives you a clearer head when you begin to fatigue.
He actually told me years ago that EPO would be a great drug for MMA as it obviously increases cardio but also keeps you more focused so you'd be less prone to making mistakes. Anyone that has trained or fought knows when you get tired you definitely start making some questionable decisions... think Weidman.

Like I said... the way he recovered after getting knocked down by Cody during their first fight was no coincidence. Granted, he had time to regroup himself since the knockdown occurred at the very end of the round, but he proceeded the very next round like the fight just started because he continued to stick to his original gameplan (one that caused him to get knocked down late in the first).

The ability to maintain clarity of the mind despite almost being KO'd was in large part due to his usage of EPO. If anyone saw that fight, it looked almost certain that Dillashaw was going to lose that fight after how the first round went.

LMAO this thread is fucking gold

Some of yall must be really out of shape if you would even fathom taking EPO for sexual performance

And yeah, this doesn't surprise me at all. Someone as obsessively competitve as Dillashaw WOULD take the same substance as that socipath Lance Armstrong. I remember vividly Joe Rogan calling Dillashaw's first KO fight against Barao the best performance in a title fight he'd ever witnessed. This helps to explain the insane 4-round God-mode performance TJ dished out

The only other performance I can remotely even think of that could compare would be the mauling RDA gave Pettis for 5 straight rounds.

Not so surprisingly, that fight was pre-USADA and both fighters haven't looked the same ever since.

this is some stupid logic. so because he's on good PEDs he is more of a cheater than some idiot bloating up with stanzolol?

PEDs are PEDs and cheating is cheating. if you're going to cheat you might as well take good shit.

very disappointing as an ex TJ fan. I used to think he was one of the best pound per pound but everything he's accomplished is a lie. Whether he was on it previous fights is irrelevant to me, it shows his true character. I'm a Moraes fan in that division now. Still cant root for no love or the decsisonator. How quickly guys can go from top of division to rock bottom.
As Steelers fans, we have to be used to that do we not lol

Thanks dude. I've heard of EPO but had no idea what it is and I'm a lazy cunt so never looked it up. Appreciate the post.
You hold a high opinion of yourself don't you

Because you stated that he himself said "his study is invalid", which isn't true. I asked for a source and then the conversation could continue, but you have yet to provide one. So once again, keep moving those goal posts!
And I asked you can he believe both that his study established the detection window at no more than 50 days and simultaneously believe the testing window is 6 months or more? Of course you again didn’t address anything in my post and you won’t address this either. You’ll just follow me around saying nothing of substance.

What the fuck does your rebuttal even mean? Have you ever done any PEDs? Almost all of them have SOME type of side effects.

Here's the unbelievable part of my friend's story: He was suspended by USADA - NOT from pissing hot, but from someone testifying against him that they SAW EPO in his fridge! I'd blame Jones but this was years ago...

i never mentioned negative side effects at all. You mentioned your buddy said he has a "clearer head" while on it. i suggested probably from having insane cardio from taking EPO, allows his condioning to be better and become less fatigued, and when you are not fatigued, you have a clearer head. This happens because EPO raises the red blood cell count in the body, which allows the body to retain more oxygen.

btw I don't need to take PED's to understand EPO, which is made to be used to treat severely anemic people. (https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/anemia/symptoms-causes/syc-20351360)

LOL at everyone in this thread who wants to score some EPO.

Understandable though
  • Tests in Australia have shown that improvements in an athlete’s performance over four weeks would match those expected over several years.
Getting years worth of results in a month is insane.

Is this what Chael popped for too?

I remember watching Anderson 1 and thinking that Chael's gas tank was never ending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back